Bengals
Zimmer's Vikings
Palmer and Cardinals
Gruden's Redskins
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins A Playoff Game First?
(08-16-2015, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because Palmer gets injured like last year or because he can't play as well because he's feeling lingering effects of his age/injury from 2014?

Palmer might have lingering effects, because of age he won't heal as fast, and it takes most people ~1 year to heal from a torn ACL. PLUS I think that Fitzgerald has lost a step. I don't think they have that great of a run game either. Plus they lost their DC, and Darnell Docket. So I don't think their defense will be as good either. It's not just Palmer, but a combination of things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Palmer might have lingering effects, because of age he won't heal as fast, and it takes most people ~1 year to heal from a torn ACL. PLUS I think that Fitzgerald has lost a step. I don't think they have that great of a run game either. Plus they lost their DC, and Darnell Docket. So I don't think their defense will be as good either. It's not just Palmer, but a combination of things.

He's looked fine at training camp and he looked fine during action on Friday.  Also, he's older than Bradford and tore his ACL months later but is back faster than the younger guy who is on the sidelines as the Eagles play this moment.  You're spot-on with the other stuff but I think Carson rehabbed a lot faster/better than you're giving credit.  Ain't no thang though, the guy is on a team irrelevant to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's looked fine at training camp and he looked fine during action on Friday.  Also, he's older than Bradford and tore his ACL months later but is back faster than the younger guy who is on the sidelines as the Eagles play this moment.  You're spot-on with the other stuff but I think Carson rehabbed a lot faster/better than you're giving credit.  Ain't no thang though, the guy is on a team irrelevant to the Bengals.

I will wait and see how he plays in the regular season. If he plays like his old self I think they might be able to make the playoffs. If he doesn't I don't think they will even make it. I see them going 3-3 in their division, 2-2 in the NFC north, 1-3 in the AFC north, and I think they can beat the Eagles, and Saints. Obviously they can swing a couple of games either way, but they have a hard road ahead of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:17 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Maybe - if he's not running the defense. Because his defenses always sucked in the playoffs when he was here.

Maybe is right.  Was he actually running the defense or was Marvin?  Either way, we know Marvin really can't get it done as HC.  Well, at least in the six chances so far.  I still like Zimmer's chances over Marvin's.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 04:21 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Maybe is right.  Was he actually running the defense or was Marvin?  Either way, we know Marvin really can't get it done as HC.  Well, at least in the six chances so far.  I still like Zimmer's chances over Marvin's.

I don't know.  They're not taking down GB, so they'll be fighting for a WC spot.  Are they good enough to do that?  Do they even get into the playoffs?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Easily Palmer and the Cards. We may have another shot this year, but considering our recent track record... :snark:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 04:34 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know.  They're not taking down GB, so they'll be fighting for a WC spot.  Are they good enough to do that?  Do they even get into the playoffs?

I think they could get a wildcard spot. The NFC east and south are both weak, and the only teams I see the Vikings fighting for a WC spot are the Lions, and Cardinals. I really doubt that two teams will come out either NFC south or east.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 04:41 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think they could get a wildcard spot. The NFC east and south are both weak, and the only teams I see the Vikings fighting for a WC spot are the Lions, and Cardinals. I really doubt that two teams will come out either NFC south or east.
You don't think the Eagles will fight it out for the NFCE and the other will be a WC?  What about the Saints?  Are they done for?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 04:47 PM)McC Wrote: You don't think the Eagles will fight it out for the NFCE and the other will be a WC?  What about the Saints?  Are they done for?  

No, I doubt the Eagles will do anything this year. They have no legit receiving weapon (they have Jordan Matthews, and Riley Cooper), and their defense is suspect to say the least. They will have to lean on their OL and run game to win games. I don't trust any of the QBs on their roster either.

Saints don't have much for receiving weapons either (Marques Colston, and Brandin Cooks). Their OL is good, but has been getting worse the last few years. They have a decent running game, but I don't think it will be able to win them games. Their defense is horrid, and I don't see it improving much next year.
Reply/Quote
I voted Palmer and the Cardinals. They have a good team this year and as long as Palmer doesn't get hurt, I see them in the playoffs. I think the Bengals end up 6-10 this year because they are due for a bad year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 05:10 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I voted Palmer and the Cardinals. They have a good team this year and as long as Palmer doesn't get hurt, I see them in the playoffs. I think the Bengals end up 6-10 this year because they are due for a bad year.

Why are they due for a bad year?   I don't get the reasoning.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 05:10 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I voted Palmer and the Cardinals. They have a good team this year and as long as Palmer doesn't get hurt, I see them in the playoffs. I think the Bengals end up 6-10 this year because they are due for a bad year.

Due for a bad year?

Last year WAS the bad year, and we were still decent.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 01:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The poll wasn't there when i posted.

I voted Zim's Vikes. They got AP back and Zim is a great coach.

I have no faith in Marv coaching us to a Playoff win. The players will have to carry him for it to happen.

We are a very good team and i see us once again making the Playoffs but we cannot win once we get there.

Not with ML at the helm.

As long as we get there with our key players being healthy, Marvin won't have to do any thinking or coaching.

We don't have Gruden to overthink it or Brat to be unoriginal because Hue will just need to give Hill the rock and throw to AJ, Eifert, etc..  

It's literally impossible for Hue or Marvin to come up with a gameplan that would fail as long as they stick to what got us there.

If the first preseason game was any indication, the reports of Geno better than ever are true and his play will make the rest of the defensive players a lot better, which will result in our defense being pretty damn good.

We were bitten by the injury bug last year or we win, which we won't be unlucky this year and we'll win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Palmer and the Cards.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals won't get the first playoff win because the Bengals will be sitting in the number 1 spot and have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Bengals will get their first Playoff win in the second week and will be 3-0 in the playoffs this year bringing home that Super Bowl victory.

Next year will be the same way and Marvin Lewis will finally be 6-6 in the playoffs with 2 Super Bowl victories in a row.

Then the year after next, the Bengals will be 9-6 in the Playoffs and have three Super Bowl victories in a row breaking records and become that dynasty and greatest team of all time...gasp, with Andy Dalton at Quarterback too, lol.

Seriously though, I think that the Bengals make it to the AFC Championship game. I think the pieces are there to make a Super Bowl run and barring injuries to key players, this team can take home that ultimate prize.

So as for who gets the first playoff victory, it really depends on the schedule since 3 of the 4 teams listed will be in the playoffs and all will get a win. I'll let you pick who won't be making it to the playoffs this year, one is the Bengals, out of the other three, you choose.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go Palmer and the Cards as well. However I believe Zim and the Vikes may well beat ML's Bengals as well.

I have little faith the Marvin lead Bengals have any chance. I mean sure this season we have a good chance on paper but nothings gonna change come post season.
Reply/Quote
We have the best team out of the three so I would say us. With Geno being back, with MJ being back, and wiith MLJ and Eifert being back. I say we have a pretty good chance at not only winning a playoff game but a chance at winning the Superbowl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Watch it be Washington.
Reply/Quote
The Cardinals may have the best shot-depending on how much they miss Todd Bowles. The Cards had the best defense last year out of all the teams listed and have the best HC. Second most likely would be the Bengals. Andy could finally have one of his games where he's on fire OR the rest of the roster could flat out thump the other team because of how deep and talented they are. Zim's Vikes have a shot if Bridgewater and AP can back up the defense. The Skins look like a really bad team and probably don't have much of a chance unless something drastic happens.
Reply/Quote