Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who do you sign? (With salary projections)
(02-21-2022, 04:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think they should still consider trading pick 31 for Beckton (to play RT, since the JETS found their LT when he was out injured), or Nelson. I wouldn't necessarily give up 31 for Beckton but the 2nd round pick (and 5th). Tunsil's contract is huge, but he should be considered as well (or is he overrated?).

Either way those are options (that come with cap consequences that may be worth discussing).

I like Bechton too if we can somehow pull it off...
Reply/Quote
Mike Hilton is in on the Tunsil Trade and Tunsil seems fine with the possibility.

https://twitter.com/MikeHilton_28/status/1495831036768493574

https://twitter.com/KingTunsil78/status/1495827524508688389
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 04:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Mike Hilton is in on the Tunsil Trade and Tunsil seems fine with the possibility.

https://twitter.com/MikeHilton_28/status/1495831036768493574

https://twitter.com/KingTunsil78/status/1495827524508688389

This would be nice. 27, still tread on the tires. Gotta give up a pick, but we will see.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 03:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I like Moses too. Note he signed for $3.6 million this past offseason. Here's a writeup on him:

Moses’ release from the Washington Commanders this past offseason was one of the more surprising moves around the league. To Washington’s credit, second-round rookie right tackle Samuel Cosmi has had a great debut season when healthy. Moses ended up with the New York Jets on a one-year, $3.6 million deal and turned in another solid season grading above 65.0 as a run- and pass-blocker while rarely missing a snap. A stronger market should land Moses another multi-year deal for a good bit more than $3.6 million per year.

Strengths:
– Durability
– Positive blocks in the run game

Weaknesses:
– Pad level
– Average pass-blocker

Scheme Fit/Role:
STARTING RIGHT TACKLE: Moses is a durable player who has been consistently solid since taking over as a starter in 2015.

Recent Injury History:

Moses has been one of the most durable players in the league. He has not missed a game since 2015.

Contract Projection: 
Three years, $22.5 million ($7.5M per year, $14.5M total guaranteed)

Bottom Line:

Moses will be heading into his ninth NFL season in 2022, and he's been one of the most dependable right tackles in the league in his career. He brings value to the run game and is reasonable in pass protection, making him a valuable starting option for teams in need of a right tackle.

2022 NFL Free Agent Rankings: Top 200 players expected to enter free agency | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

This guy sounds a lot like Bobby Hart, sans the penalty issues.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
https://torotimes.com/2022/02/14/houston-texans-laremy-tunsil-tradecin/

A trade scenario I'd consider (but think is unlikely)

Reply/Quote
I would love to be able to land Becton. Pollack had him looking damn good as a rookie. Doubt the Jets would trade him, but it’s not exactly like they’re a well run organization. Duke should definitely be on the phone inquiring at the very least.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 03:05 PM)J24 Wrote: 7 Mil is pretty reasonable; He made 6 Million a year during his last contract and he is coming off a career year.

Honestly I could see him get 8 Million a year this off-season.

CJ was 20th among TE's in receiving yards last year. The 20th highest paid TE was Robert Tonyan at $3.3 mil. $7 mil is over twice what CJ was worth in the best year of his career.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 04:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://torotimes.com/2022/02/14/houston-texans-laremy-tunsil-tradecin/

A trade scenario I'd consider (but think is unlikely)

That exact scenario has a 0% chance of happening lol has us giving our first (31 overall) but getting back their 2nd (35 overall) then giving them our late 3rd this year for their likely early 3rd next year. We get Tunsil and they take on Waynes. They’d be stupid to do that but I’m all for it lol

I’d give our first straight up for Tunsil but not going anywhere near the multiple firsts they gave up to get him.
Reply/Quote
They would be a fool to go for that trade, but if they did....

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 04:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This guy sounds a lot like Bobby Hart, sans the penalty issues.

Haha. Yes - Durability is what they liked about him. Moses grades better than Hart, but make no mistake...he's not elite or great. Maybe above average.
Reply/Quote
Lot's of interesting opinions here, I'll add to some already mentioned:

Many like Daniels, and the fact he could play both G & C, which is true. In the film sessions I have sat in, Corbett seems to be the better player and choice over Daniels by some of our gurus. He is a little less money, 1 year older with same PPF Grade.

Bechton has become a hot topic and Im not sure where it began? He will not be given his position back at the Jets, he will have to earn it. Injuries and commitment are the issues. But the one speed bump is that he has a high dead cap number if the Jets move from him. If he bounces back into excellent playing shape the Jets would most likely move from George Fant instead, the current starter. He is older (29) and provides the Jets $10M in cap space if released, versus costing them over $10m with Bechton still on his rookie deal.

My guys would be:
C
Jensen
Allen
Bozeman

Guard
Tomlinson
Corbett
Cappa
Williams (because of lower money)
Daniels
Spain

Tackle
Armstead - probably not happening
Brown Jr - KC has committed to keep him
Moses/Trent Brown
Ifedi
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: They would be a fool to go for that trade, but if they did....

The author of that article is a fool.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 04:42 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That exact scenario has a 0% chance of happening lol has us giving our first (31 overall) but getting back their 2nd (35 overall) then giving them our late 3rd this year for their likely early 3rd next year. We get Tunsil and they take on Waynes. They’d be stupid to do that but I’m all for it lol

I’d give our first straight up for Tunsil but not going anywhere near the multiple firsts they gave up to get him.

Never say never remember how we nearly fleeced Browns for AJ Mccarron
Reply/Quote
Offensive Line: (25.2M Total)
RT: Moses (7.5M) 3year
OC: Ben Jones (6.7M) 3year
LG: Resign Quinton Spain (4.7M)

Other:
Cut: Trae Waynes (+10.8M), Trey Hopkins (+6M)
Tag Bates (12.9M)
DT Calais Campbell (8M) 1 yr.
CB3/4 Sidney Jones (4.3M) 1yr.
TE Maxx Williams (6.3M) 3yr

Remaining Cap: 21.4M
Draft DT, CB, S, OG, TE, WR

All FA OL are 29+ yr and will provide leadership.
Remaining cap has room for rookie cap and a few more gap-fillers.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 04:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: CJ was 20th among TE's in receiving yards last year. The 20th highest paid TE was Robert Tonyan at $3.3 mil. $7 mil is over twice what CJ was worth in the best year of his career.

CJ was the 16th highest paid TE last season at 6.5 M. Adding an additional 500k to his yearly salary isn't a big deal. When you factor in what he means to the Lockerroom and how close he is to Burrow 7 Million isn't that steep of a price.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 06:43 PM)J24 Wrote:  CJ was the 16th highest paid TE last season at 6.5 M. Adding an additional 500k to his yearly salary isn't a big deal. When you factor in what he means to the Lockerroom and how close he is to Burrow 7 Million isn't that steep of a price.

It’s a decent starting OG.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a decent starting OG.

We have plenty of room to sign a OG or 2 and CJ.  CJ was a pretty good player for us and a huge locker room guy. I don't think it is wise to give up on a player like that for virtually nothing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 06:19 PM)puddycat Wrote: Offensive Line: (25.2M Total)
RT: Moses (7.5M) 3year
OC: Ben Jones (6.7M) 3year
LG: Resign Quinton Spain (4.7M)

Other:
Cut: Trae Waynes (+10.8M), Trey Hopkins (+6M)
Tag Bates (12.9M)
DT Calais Campbell (8M) 1 yr.
CB3/4 Sidney Jones (4.3M) 1yr.
TE Maxx Williams (6.3M) 3yr

Remaining Cap: 21.4M
Draft DT, CB, S, OG, TE, WR

All FA OL are 29+ yr and will provide leadership.
Remaining cap has room for rookie cap and a few more gap-fillers.

Im not sure how much of an upgrade that is for the oline?  Keeping 3/5ths and adding an aging Ben Jones and an average OT with no help at Guard? 

Calais will be 36 years old
Jones has bounced around to 3 different teams over 4 years making around $1M  
Maxx is a great blocker, not a ton of production on the receiving side, a rich man's Sample?

Im not sure how many would be excited with this?  Surely we can do better..
Reply/Quote
Cut : Trae Waynes (saves $10.8M)
Trey Hopkins (saves $6M)
Samaje Perine (saves $1.5M)

Sign : Trent Brown - Two years, $20 million ($10M per year)
James Daniels - Five years, $50 million ($10M per year)
Bradley Bozeman - Three years, $21 million ($7M per year)
Giovani Bernard - One year, ($1.5M)

Trade 1st round pick for Laremy Tunisl ($9.5M in 2022 and $18.5M in 2023)-Houston pays his guaranteed Salary of $16.6M in 2022 and $8.3M in 2023

Franchise Bates ($13.5M)

Re-sign BJ Hill - Three years, $26.25 million ($8.75 million per year)

I would offer CJ Uzomah 3 years $18M ($6M per year) - this is less than projected, if he doesn't take it we draft TE.

Eli Apple also gets offered less than projected at $3M per year (draft if he walks)

small contracts to Josh Tupoe, Brandon Allen, Kevin Huber, Clark Harris, Stanley Morgan, Tre Flowers, Fred Johnson

Draft goes mostly to defense.

The cap space can always work if you allocate the cap hit to future years like most other teams do. Either way this shouldn't be too unrealistic.

Jonah Williams moves to LG. Starting O-line is Tunsil, Williams, Bozeman, Daniels, Brown.
Then we also have lots of young guys for depth like Carman, Adeniji, Smith, Prince, and Johnson.

Biggest needs for the draft are Pass Rusher, DT to rotate with BJ Hill and CB
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 07:44 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: Cut : Trae Waynes (saves $10.8M)
       Trey Hopkins (saves $6M)
       Samaje Perine (saves $1.5M)

Sign : Trent Brown - Two years, $20 million ($10M per year)
        James Daniels - Five years, $50 million ($10M per year)
        Bradley Bozeman - Three years, $21 million ($7M per year)
        Giovani Bernard - One year, ($1.5M)

Trade 1st round pick for Laremy Tunisl ($9.5M in 2022 and $18.5M in 2023)-Houston pays his guaranteed Salary of $16.6M in 2022 and $8.3M in 2023

Franchise Bates ($13.5M)

Re-sign BJ Hill - Three years, $26.25 million ($8.75 million per year)

I would offer CJ Uzomah 3 years $18M ($6M per year) - this is less than projected, if he doesn't take it we draft TE.

Eli Apple also gets offered less than projected at $3M per year (draft if he walks)

small contracts to Josh Tupoe, Brandon Allen, Kevin Huber, Clark Harris, Stanley Morgan, Tre Flowers, Fred Johnson

Draft goes mostly to defense.

The cap space can always work if you allocate the cap hit to future years like most other teams do. Either way this shouldn't be too unrealistic.

Jonah Williams moves to LG. Starting O-line is Tunsil, Williams, Bozeman, Daniels, Brown.
Then we also have lots of young guys for depth like Carman, Adeniji, Smith, Prince, and Johnson.

Biggest needs for the draft are Pass Rusher, DT to rotate with BJ Hill and CB

Count me as a big "No" on getting Laremy Tunsil. I also don't think I low ball Uzomah with a take it or leave it offer.
I am good with Bates and BJ Hill/Ogunjobi extension. I don't want to move Jonah Williams. I am ok with Bozeman.
Not that excited over James Daniels as I am for a cheaper Connor Williams. I am also not sure I want to deal with Trent Brown.
I would need to know what failed with the Raiders?
Reply/Quote