Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Who do you take? WR
(04-07-2016, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Treadwell  and I wouldn't think long about it. Then come back in the 4th with a burner in Listenbee, Peake, or Mitchell.  

This
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:14 PM)phil413 Wrote: Same here.  The guy has great footwork and uses his body well, maybe more of a Boldin but TJ is a good example.  Give me that type of WR that is money on a slant route over a Fuller that's really just a go route guy that has a lot to learn and will never have Treadwell's hands and ball skills.  He blocks well, runs the right routes, makes too much sense at Cincy's pick if he's there.  

From the little tape I have seen the guy blocks like a boss.  He makes good contact and sustains his blocks well.  He'd make a significant impact on our running game.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 12:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Doctson, Treadwell, or Thomas. They keep putting Thomas in the 2nd round making me feel he would be a reach at 24, but I still think he has the most potential. The speedsters are fine (outside of the drops/small hands), but small deep threats aren't really a good fit for Dalton. Not to get into deep ball accuracy etc, but in this offense those type of receivers aren't needed, or won't be utilized fully.

It's a good thing to have speed, something we lost with Jones.  And hopefully we grab someone like Listenbee in the later rounds to stretch the field.  But especially against the AFC North we need to play physical, possession football with receivers who block and catch the ball under duress.   If Treadwell is there he fits the bill.  I'm thinking Thomas would also do well.  As much as I want speed, I want toughness, reliability and smarts more. 
Reply/Quote
I think it's good to have speed too, just wish they were a little taller.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Treadwell and Doctson will be gone by 24. I say take a DT in the first. Take Michael Thomas in the second. Take Michael Thomas again in the third...the kid from Southern Miss this time. Just look at this kid and what he can do:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/1/8/10727946/michael-thomas-scouting-report-nfl-draft-profile-southern-mississippi
Reply/Quote
Treadwells highlight reel is pretty good although most of his bigger games came against non-existent defenses. He only faced two NFL type of defenses in all of 2015 (Bama and LSU) and didn't break 100 yards in either. His longest play from scrimmage all season was 58 yards. He put up 4 catches for 22 yards against Ole Miss's biggest rival Miss St. in the Egg Bowl.

I mean he looks the part in his reel but most of it was done against lesser players. I will give him credit for smoking Cyrus Jones once.
As I said his tape looks pretty good but as you watch plz try to consider the D's he was facing. Ok ST, Arkansas,Memphis, and New Mexico State were his biggest games. Yes, Memphis looks good on paper but their D was giving up nearly 6 yards per play in 2015.
Great on the eyes but smells funny to me. I like his size,hands, and ball skills but he won't be facing the likes of Memphis,Ok State, and New Mexico State in the NFL.
Wts, he still probably won't be there at #24.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 07:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Treadwells highlight reel is pretty good although most of his bigger games came against non-existent defenses. He only faced two NFL type of defenses in all of 2015 (Bama and LSU) and didn't break 100 yards in either. His longest play from scrimmage all season was 58 yards. He put up 4 catches for 22 yards against Ole Miss's biggest rival Miss St. in the Egg Bowl.

I mean he looks the part in his reel but most of it was done against lesser players. I will give him credit for smoking Cyrus Jones once.
As I said his tape looks pretty good but as you watch plz try to consider the D's he was facing. Ok ST, Arkansas,Memphis, and New Mexico State were his biggest games. Yes, Memphis looks good on paper but their D was giving up nearly 6 yards per play in 2015.
Great on the eyes but smells funny to me. I like his size,hands, and ball skills but he won't be facing the likes of Memphis,Ok State, and New Mexico State in the NFL.

Out of all the WRs I've heard talk he is the biggest diva by far. I'm just not impressed.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 07:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Treadwells highlight reel is pretty good although most of his bigger games came against non-existent defenses. He only faced two NFL type of defenses in all of 2015 (Bama and LSU) and didn't break 100 yards in either. His longest play from scrimmage all season was 58 yards. He put up 4 catches for 22 yards against Ole Miss's biggest rival Miss St. in the Egg Bowl.

Thanks alot, definately sours me on Treadwell and i hope some other team takes him before us so we don't jump on the hype.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:05 PM)kevin Wrote: If we don't trade up......Then I like the player Collinsworth thinks might be on the board that he likes.  I value Collinsworth opinion on WR's because he was a Pro Bowl Bengals WR, and a Super Bowl Bengals WR.  Collinsworth has seen a lot of this WR because his son was on same team. Collinsworth has seen a lot of this WR and says he is one of the fastest players to come out of college in a while. Collinsworth was pretty fast himself. He doesn't say fast for a WR, he says one of fastest players to come out of college in a while. ........Collinsworth says in college teams would double team him and practice all week to not let him beat them deep, yet he burned teams deep every week anyway. Collinsworth says he is also good on screens and slants and gains a lot of yards after the catch with his speed and running to daylight. .....Collinsworth says the knock on him is he dropped some catches in college and his size, but Collinsworth says if teams double cover AJ Green they won't be able to defend this guy.  Either they cover AJ Green one on one, or this guy will eat defenses apart. ..........His name is Fuller from Notre Dame, and Collinsworth who knows Bengals and knows WR's says Fuller added to AJ Green would be hard to defend. 

So I take Collinsworths word on Fuller if we don't trade up........and as for a 2nd WR in the draft, I don't see a huge need with the talented free agent signing.  The free agent and Fuller replace Jones and Sanu and with AJ Green and others, our WR's are deep.  The other picks are needed at other positions and areas of weakness or aging players.  .......So I say go round 1 on WR, and then don't draft any more WR's. The talent isn't that deep, and we have other needs.

You can't teach speed. You can coach up route running and catching but you can't teach speed.  Fuller is a home run deep bomb threat with pure speed, but also gains a lot of yards in the short passing plays.  I like what Collinsworth says, that if they double team AJ Green, the defense can't cover Fuller.....and if Fuller forces them to single cover AJ Green, then they can't defense AJ Green. ......Add in Eifert and the free agent WR we just got and our other depth, and our RBs, and it sounds like points on the board to me. .......I value Collinsworth opinion on NFL WR's since he was a Pro Bowl/ Super Bowl WR for Bengals. 

Add in rich in tradition Notre Dame....and the Coach Cincinnati Bearcats fans loved now coaching at Notre Dame.....Did he coach both Eifert and Fuller ?........I know he is a good coach who is turning out top WR/ TE draft picks......I don't see much off field problems with Eifert or Fuller, draft pick team leader types. .....I take Collinsworths word, draft him and it all probably gets Bengals deep into play-offs and maybe Super Bowl. .....Dalton and McCarron with many, many weapons on offense. 

I don't know where Ohio State RB Elliott goes in draft, but he is Eddie George like and one of the best RB's ever in Ohio State history, which is saying something. We need a WR in round 1.......but unless he gets a bad injury, Elliott should be better than Hill or Gio. ....I would have no problem with him at 1 and a WR at 2....and if we take a WR in 1 and Elliot is still there in 2 you just grab him fast. .....but Elliott will probably go fast with his Eddie George combo of power and long gains for touchdowns speed.   Those Bowl wins and his running against Alabama, Oregon and him just destroying Notre Dame was Jim Brown like. 
thought I heard you mention Collinsworth. j/k dude couldnt help it. sorry.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Could you imagine if the coaches/FO actually used Coleman's height against him?

A 5'10'' WR? No way he'll make it in the NFL. *ignore the star WRs our rivals have*

Sadly, I actually can picture Mike Brown wanting to pass on a 5'10ish WR in the first round because Peter Warrick didn't pan out. Mike is incredibly stubborn like that. LaFell is the first half decent vet WR we've signed since TO in 2010. What team goes 5-6 years without signing a decent vet WR?

(04-08-2016, 05:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think it's good to have speed too, just wish they were a little taller.

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sterling Shephard. Elevated and special talent.

He's Antonio Brown/Odell Beckham.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:05 PM)kevin Wrote: If we don't trade up......Then I like the player Collinsworth thinks might be on the board that he likes.  I value Collinsworth opinion on WR's because he was a Pro Bowl Bengals WR, and a Super Bowl Bengals WR.  Collinsworth has seen a lot of this WR because his son was on same team. Collinsworth has seen a lot of this WR and says he is one of the fastest players to come out of college in a while. Collinsworth was pretty fast himself. He doesn't say fast for a WR, he says one of fastest players to come out of college in a while. ........Collinsworth says in college teams would double team him and practice all week to not let him beat them deep, yet he burned teams deep every week anyway. Collinsworth says he is also good on screens and slants and gains a lot of yards after the catch with his speed and running to daylight. .....Collinsworth says the knock on him is he dropped some catches in college and his size, but Collinsworth says if teams double cover AJ Green they won't be able to defend this guy.  Either they cover AJ Green one on one, or this guy will eat defenses apart. ..........His name is Fuller from Notre Dame, and Collinsworth who knows Bengals and knows WR's says Fuller added to AJ Green would be hard to defend. 

So I take Collinsworths word on Fuller if we don't trade up........and as for a 2nd WR in the draft, I don't see a huge need with the talented free agent signing.  The free agent and Fuller replace Jones and Sanu and with AJ Green and others, our WR's are deep.  The other picks are needed at other positions and areas of weakness or aging players.  .......So I say go round 1 on WR, and then don't draft any more WR's. The talent isn't that deep, and we have other needs.

You can't teach speed. You can coach up route running and catching but you can't teach speed.  Fuller is a home run deep bomb threat with pure speed, but also gains a lot of yards in the short passing plays.  I like what Collinsworth says, that if they double team AJ Green, the defense can't cover Fuller.....and if Fuller forces them to single cover AJ Green, then they can't defense AJ Green. ......Add in Eifert and the free agent WR we just got and our other depth, and our RBs, and it sounds like points on the board to me. .......I value Collinsworth opinion on NFL WR's since he was a Pro Bowl/ Super Bowl WR for Bengals. 

Add in rich in tradition Notre Dame....and the Coach Cincinnati Bearcats fans loved now coaching at Notre Dame.....Did he coach both Eifert and Fuller ?........I know he is a good coach who is turning out top WR/ TE draft picks......I don't see much off field problems with Eifert or Fuller, draft pick team leader types. .....I take Collinsworths word, draft him and it all probably gets Bengals deep into play-offs and maybe Super Bowl. .....Dalton and McCarron with many, many weapons on offense. 

I don't know where Ohio State RB Elliott goes in draft, but he is Eddie George like and one of the best RB's ever in Ohio State history, which is saying something. We need a WR in round 1.......but unless he gets a bad injury, Elliott should be better than Hill or Gio. ....I would have no problem with him at 1 and a WR at 2....and if we take a WR in 1 and Elliot is still there in 2 you just grab him fast. .....but Elliott will probably go fast with his Eddie George combo of power and long gains for touchdowns speed.   Those Bowl wins and his running against Alabama, Oregon and him just destroying Notre Dame was Jim Brown like. 

WTF
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 04:26 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lets say Treadwell, Coleman, Fuller, Doctson, Shephard, Thomas and Boyd are all there for the picking at 24, who do you take? Also what 2 WR's would you try to target in the draft.

Honestly, I wouldn't take any at #24 as there is a buttload of DEs, CBs, and a few DTs that will be rater higher, but if you say simply which WR do you like best and which one best fits our team?

My answer is Sterling Shepard.  He has exactly what the Bengals need in the slot.  He is a high-character guy.  I know everyone will say that I am stupid and Treadwell, Doctson, and Coleman are rated higher, but as far as the offense they came from goes and how their skill set translates, I see Shepard as an even better receiver (potentially) than Tyler Lockett.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 05:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Would anyone take a chance on the German kid in the late rounds if he's there.

If we had a comp pick in the 7th I might, but he is a UDFA guy all the way.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 04:26 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lets say Treadwell, Coleman, Fuller, Doctson, Shephard, Thomas and Boyd are all there for the picking at 24, who do you take? Also what 2 WR's would you try to target in the draft.

More and more im liking Michael Thomas over the others.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, I wouldn't take any at #24 as there is a buttload of DEs, CBs, and a few DTs that will be rater higher, but if you say simply which WR do you like best and which one best fits our team?

My answer is Sterling Shepard.  He has exactly what the Bengals need in the slot.  He is a high-character guy.  I know everyone will say that I am stupid and Treadwell, Doctson, and Coleman are rated higher, but as far as the offense they came from goes and how their skill set translates, I see Shepard as an even better receiver (potentially) than Tyler Lockett.

I don't think you're stupid! I'm not much of a Coleman fan at all. I'd have a top 3 of Doctson, Treadwell, and Shepard in that order. Out of those 3 I think they'd all be good picks and its probably just a matter of what you're looking for in a WR. Shepard is the smaller slot guy, Treadwell is the physical possession WR, Doctson is more a prototypical build, good size/speed/toughness. 

I also think Shepard will be a better WR than Lockett. Don't forget much of Lockett's hype was for returns so saying Shepard will be a better receiver isn't all that crazy. He won't be the returner Lockett is but I'd take him over Lockett if my team is on offense.
Reply/Quote

The guy is Alshon Jeffrey. He isn't going to go by you, but he is going to out jump you and win with in air ball skills. As a #1 I think he gets exposed, but as a #2 seeing #2 CBs with no help over top (AJ gets the help) you are looking at a guy who can be very very successful here.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 07:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: Treadwell and Doctson will be gone by 24. I say take a DT in the first. 

Agree with this.

My top receiver though is Doctson.
Reply/Quote
Give me Docston over all of them. I really like some of the other options, I'd like Treadwell or Coleman at #24. But Docston is my favorite.

Also, if you want in depth stats on drop percentages, who's better at intermediate routes, and other random stats, check this out:
http://stripehype.com/2016/04/06/advanced-stats-for-wide-receiver/
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 12:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: The guy is Alshon Jeffrey. He isn't going to go by you, but he is going to out jump you and win with in air ball skills. As a #1 I think he gets exposed, but as a #2 seeing #2 CBs with no help over top (AJ gets the help) you are looking at a guy who can be very very successful here.

I could see that and it may well be an appropriate comparison, time will tell. The kid has serious potential and was coming off of a major knee surgery last season. He could end up being very good.
Unfortunately for him, his tape from last year wasn't overly impressive considering the competition. I still think he's drafted highly. He seems to have very good hands in traffic.
Reply/Quote