Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Who do you take? WR
(04-11-2016, 07:33 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I could see that and it may well be an appropriate comparison, time will tell. The kid has serious potential and was coming off of a major knee surgery last season. He could end up being very good.
Unfortunately for him, his tape from last year wasn't overly impressive considering the competition. I still think he's drafted highly. He seems to have very good hands in traffic.

He actually broke his fibula and dislocated his ankle. While gruesome, much better than a knee injury for a WR.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 09:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: He actually broke his fibula and dislocated his ankle. While gruesome, much better than a knee injury for a WR.

That's right! I remember watching it happen in the Auburn game but I was thinking it was a knee. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 08:58 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'm still on the Treadwell bandwagon (should he fall to us). He's a TJ Houshmanzadeh type who can wrestle the ball away from a DB. Excellent #2 guy to have and if you're 3rd and 9 deep in your own territory, he's who I would throw to. 

Gets a lot of Hopkins comparisons too. Fuller is an interesting guy, but he drops A LOT of balls. People are worried about Lafell, but Fuller has a quite a few drops the last two years.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 01:25 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Gets a lot of Hopkins comparisons too. Fuller is an interesting guy, but he drops A LOT of balls. People are worried about Lafell, but Fuller has a quite a few drops the last two years.

As does Coleman. I'd prefer to avoid those two in round 1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 01:25 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Gets a lot of Hopkins comparisons too. Fuller is an interesting guy, but he drops A LOT of balls. People are worried about Lafell, but Fuller has a quite a few drops the last two years.

Smaller Mike Wallace is a realistic ceiling for him, not worth a pick in the top 60.
Reply/Quote
Fuller is a good receiver.  Yes, he has a FEW drops on some routine plays, but he makes some pretty amazing high light catches as well.  There is a reason why he's ranked this high.  I'd compare him to a Percy Harvin type player.  Over all though, I like Doctson a little bit better.  Doctson is my favorite receiver in this whole class. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I just really don't want a WR from the Big 12. The whole not playing against a defense thing scares me.
Reply/Quote
The more I see of Josh Doctson, the more I like him. There was a panel on NFL Network over the weekend where the consensus was that he would be a number one receiver in most offenses, but would make an outstanding compliment to A.J. Green.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 02:58 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Fuller is a good receiver.  Yes, he has a FEW drops on some routine plays, but he makes some pretty amazing high light catches as well.  There is a reason why he's ranked this high.  I'd compare him to a Percy Harvin type player.  Over all though, I like Doctson a little bit better.  Doctson is my favorite receiver in this whole class. 

A few drops? He had 10 dropped passes last season on 62 receptions. A drop rate of 13.9%. He had 11 receptions on 28 contested targets, a catch rate of 39%.

Will Fuller's asset is being a down the field receiver and burner. 708 of his 1258 receiving yards came when the ball was thrown 20+ yards down the field. 4 of his 10 dropped passes came in that area as well. And he doesn't really have highlight real catches, more so highlight reel plays. He can beat people and make people miss.

Fuller has a DeSean Jackson ceiling, but also a Percy Harvin/Ted Ginn floor.

But I also agree with you on Docston. He is by far my favorite receiver in this draft.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 10:25 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: More and more im liking Michael Thomas over the others.

He has everything the Bengals are into in a WR.
Reply/Quote
The more I look over the WR core.. I would be very happy to wait till 2nd round and pick Sterling Shepard, I am high on him.. he can play both outside and slot wr.. has done well in college against press coverage.. I would be happy to pick a Dline in 1st round and pick Shepard in 2nd round
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 03:48 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The more I see of Josh Doctson, the more I like him.  There was a panel on NFL Network over the weekend where the consensus was that he would be a number one receiver in most offenses, but would make an outstanding compliment to A.J. Green.

I like Doctson a lot as well.

But i actually like his teammate in the mid rounds almost as much...
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 10:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The more I look over the WR core.. I would be very happy to wait till 2nd round and pick Sterling Shepard,  I am high on him.. he can play both outside and slot wr.. has done well in college against press coverage..  I would be happy to pick a Dline in 1st round and pick Shepard in 2nd round

It would be awesome if Shepard fell that far, i just doubt he will after everyone pimpin him lately.

Dude is the perfect Slot WR, i don't see how that many teams will pass on him twice.
Reply/Quote
- Doctson or Treadwell in the first. Ive read that people dont believe Treadwell to be WR1. That's fine because he doesn't need to be with the Bengals. With Green and Eifert on the field he will be the third option. A helluva third option.

- Shepard or Boyd in the second. Either one of these guys will be a steal for us in the second. Shepard reminds me a lot of Antonio Brown. Not saying he will be anywhere near as productive but he as the same ability in my opinion. Shepard's and Brown's height, weight and 40 times are nearly identical. Brown was believed to be too short and not strong enough to be a WR1. That doesn't matter when you run perfect routes. Which is exactly what Shepard does.

Honestly anyone but Fuller. He is too small and drops too many passes. If you guys were pissed at Sanu's drops just wait until Fuller comes into the league.

Coleman scares me as well. One of his weaknesses that keep popping up is the fact that he often looks uniterested/takes plays off when the ball isnt coming to him. That will be a problem in this system since Dalton loves to spread the love. He wouldnt be a bad option in the first he just scares me a lot.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 03:56 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Coleman scares me as well. One of his weaknesses that keep popping up is the fact that he often looks uniterested/takes plays off when the ball isnt coming to him. That will be a problem in this system since Dalton loves to spread the love.  He wouldnt be a bad option in the first he just scares me a lot.

The plays off/uninterested thing is actually a product of the Art Briles Baylor system. There are very few reads for QBs. The ball is pretty much always thrown to the #1 option no matter what. So Briles has the WRs, that aren't going to catch the ball, just ran half speed and sell nothing. His thought behind this is that it keeps the WRs fresher for later in the game. This is something that Randy Moss did in Minnesota as well.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 04:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The plays off/uninterested thing is actually a product of the Art Briles Baylor system. There are very few reads for QBs. The ball is pretty much always thrown to the #1 option no matter what. So Briles has the WRs, that aren't going to catch the ball, just ran half speed and sell nothing. His thought behind this is that it keeps the WRs fresher for later in the game. This is something that Randy Moss did in Minnesota as well.

True. I remember reading about it and some of the comparisons with Randy Moss. It's funny, Moss was bashed for that back in the day, but it probably helped him burn more CBs during his career. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 04:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The plays off/uninterested thing is actually a product of the Art Briles Baylor system. There are very few reads for QBs. The ball is pretty much always thrown to the #1 option no matter what. So Briles has the WRs, that aren't going to catch the ball, just ran half speed and sell nothing. His thought behind this is that it keeps the WRs fresher for later in the game. This is something that Randy Moss did in Minnesota as well.

(04-13-2016, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True. I remember reading about it and some of the comparisons with Randy Moss. It's funny, Moss was bashed for that back in the day, but it probably helped him burn more CBs during his career. 

Spot on both of you.

Bottom line, Coleman is the most explosive playmaking receiver in this draft.

People can talk about his drops all they want but he makes GREAT catches as well and has more fire than any WR in this draft.

Would love Coleman at 24.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 04:27 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Fuller has a DeSean Jackson ceiling, but also a Percy Harvin/Ted Ginn floor.

Nicely put
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It would be awesome if Shepard fell that far, i just doubt he will after everyone pimpin him lately.

Dude is the perfect Slot WR, i don't see how that many teams will pass on him twice.

You might be right.. he might not slide that low in 2nd round.. I don;t see him going in 1st round though... but im going to agree that he will probably be gone by our 2nd pick but I don;t think he is a 1st round pick for us.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for Fuller... mainly because he's a mid-to-late second round pick.
Reply/Quote