Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Who do you take? WR
(04-20-2016, 01:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Have you ever considered that OSU is a run first offense that just happened to have the #1 rated pro RB in the country? Have you considered the poor QB play or the fact that the QB's run A LOT in that offense?

Thomas is related to K.Johnson and has a great skill set that will translate very well to the pro level.

You just be hating! Thomas in the 1st is a good pick. Thomas in the 2nd is a very good pick!

Have to consider these things.

All true. Sounds like Mike M is a Mike T hater lol
Reply/Quote
Trade back, get more picks, and grab a guy in the second or third round. Theres tons of talent at the wide receiver position this year, and realistically all we need is a 3rd or 4th option guy. I mean its gonna be:

1. Green
2. Eifert
3. LaFell
4. Draft pick

You don't need to blow a first round draft pick on a guy who at best will be sharing balls between Eifert in the near future.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The one thing that people seem to be missing is that the two WRs that left, Marvin Jones and Mohommad Sanu were selected in round #5 and #3 respectively. Why do I point this out? Because the WRs that we let walk were mid to low round picks. We seem to fill out our WR group by developing them in lower rounds. I don't think that will change. I look for Mario Alford and Rex Burkhead to step up and fill that WR#3 spot. I also don't see the Bengals drafting WR in round #1 as this is a shallow WR class (by most measures). I think we'll target a DT or DE. If the ones they covet in those two positions are not there don't be shocked if we trade down and pick the OC from Alabama.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 08:36 AM)EatonFan Wrote: The one thing that people seem to be missing is that the two WRs that left, Marvin Jones and Mohommad Sanu were selected in round #5 and #3 respectively.  Why do I point this out?  Because the WRs that we let walk were mid to low round picks.  We seem to fill out our WR group by developing them in lower rounds.  I don't think that will change.  I look for Mario Alford and Rex Burkhead to step up and fill that WR#3 spot.  I also don't see the Bengals drafting WR in round #1 as this is a shallow WR class (by most measures).  I think we'll target a DT or DE.  If the ones they covet in those two positions are not there don't be shocked if we trade down and pick the OC from Alabama.

I hope they dont take a WR in round 1 to fill complimentary player holes on the roster. I really like Anderw Billings form the videos on him I have watched. And wouldnt be opposed to taking Jaylon Smith there either. Our roster is deep enough that we could roll the dice on picking up a top 5 talent at number 24...even if he ends up not working out in the long run.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 08:36 AM)EatonFan Wrote: The one thing that people seem to be missing is that the two WRs that left, Marvin Jones and Mohommad Sanu were selected in round #5 and #3 respectively.  Why do I point this out?  Because the WRs that we let walk were mid to low round picks.  We seem to fill out our WR group by developing them in lower rounds.  I don't think that will change.  I look for Mario Alford and Rex Burkhead to step up and fill that WR#3 spot.  I also don't see the Bengals drafting WR in round #1 as this is a shallow WR class (by most measures).  I think we'll target a DT or DE.  If the ones they covet in those two positions are not there don't be shocked if we trade down and pick the OC from Alabama.

There's a bit of a difference between that class and this one. Sanu was viewed as a top 5 WR in many cases. The top 5 WRs will most likely be gone by round 3. Possibly even before our 2nd pick. There's also a HUGE drop off in talent.

1st tier: Treadwell, Docston, and Coleman
2nd tier: Fuller, Boyd, Shepherd, Thomas
And then once you get past that it's all downhill from there.

You can't use the past to justify the present. We have a need at WR.

The talent pool is much deeper in the DT position than WR.

Also, Burkhead is not a slot receiver. It's not going to happen, there's been reports that it won't happen.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 01:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: There's a bit of a difference between that class and this one. Sanu was viewed as a top 5 WR in many cases. The top 5 WRs will most likely be gone by round 3. Possibly even before our 2nd pick. There's also a HUGE drop off in talent.

Also, Burkhead is not a slot receiver. It's not going to happen, there's been reports that it won't happen.

That said I could see only one WR taken in the first round this year.  We could get what we need in round #2 or later.  We have guys in place to fill a #3 WR now.  We just don't have the depth we need.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 01:54 PM)EatonFan Wrote: That said I could see only one WR taken in the first round this year.  We could get what we need in round #2 or later.  We have guys in place to fill a #3 WR now.  We just don't have the depth we need.

I'd rather draft Doscton or Coleman, honestly.

Sure, I like Boyd, Shepherd, and Thomas as well.
But outside of Green we have LaFell who had a very down year. Tate. Alford. Kumerow. And Wright.

We not only lack depth but lack talent. Give me Docston and I promise you that Green and Docston will be better than Green and Marvin easily.

Reply/Quote

I actually agree with Eaton and Beaker and this is a very solid point. The team should be able to grab a very good WR in rounds 2 or 3. Then add a burner late as well as a couple of UDFA at WR.
I like the guys that we already have, Alford and Kumerow may surprise folks this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 02:14 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I actually agree with Eaton and Beaker and this is a very solid point. The team should be able to grab a very good WR in rounds 2 or 3. Then add a burner late as well as a couple of UDFA at WR.
I like the guys that we already have, Alford and Kumerow may surprise folks this year.

Like we've said Simpson would surprise some people. Or Wright. Or Binns. Or Whalen. Or Sanzenbacher. Or Little. Or Moore. Or Hamilton.

I'm tired of surprises. Let's actually draft a good receiver and get something better than what we had with Green and Jones.

I'm telling you, Docston is going to be a special kid. Coleman is going to be good when he gets more experience in route running.

I don't want to pass on either guy for say a Malcolm Mitchell or a Pharoh Cooper

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 02:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Like we've said Simpson would surprise some people. Or Wright. Or Binns. Or Whalen. Or Sanzenbacher. Or Little. Or Moore. Or Hamilton.

I'm tired of surprises. Let's actually draft a good receiver and get something better than what we had with Green and Jones.

I'm telling you, Docston is going to be a special kid. Coleman is going to be good when he gets more experience in route running.

I don't want to pass on either guy for say a Malcolm Mitchell or a Pharoh Cooper

I getcha Wolf, but i definately would not be mad with Billings in round 1 and a guy like Shepard or Boyd in round 2.

But Doctson in round 1 and Butler in round 2 would be great as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 02:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Like we've said Simpson would surprise some people. Or Wright. Or Binns. Or Whalen. Or Sanzenbacher. Or Little. Or Moore. Or Hamilton.

I like Doctson a lot Wolf but the problem is so do some of the other teams in front of us. A player I'm warming to and is in one of the newer Bengal's articles is the kid from Tulsa, Garret. He's big and fast.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 04:06 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I like Doctson a lot Wolf but the problem is so do some of the other teams in front of us. A player I'm warming to and is in one of the newer Bengal's articles is the kid from Tulsa, Garret. He's big and fast.

Keyarrus Garrett reminds me of AJ.

Cannot believe he is not being considered in the 2nd round after watching his tape.

Garrett and Green on the outside with Eifert... WTF!!! Shocked
Reply/Quote

Your correct, im ready for the good picks like Jones, Sanu, Green, Eiffert.. :)  and I will predict Alford will be a good pick also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 02:05 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'd rather draft Doscton or Coleman, honestly.

Sure, I like Boyd, Shepherd, and Thomas as well.
But outside of Green we have LaFell who had a very down year. Tate. Alford. Kumerow. And Wright.

We not only lack depth but lack talent. Give me Docston and I promise you that Green and Docston will be better than Green and Marvin easily.

How about Billings in rd 1 and Michael Thomas in rd 2? That's not a stretch for either player.
Reply/Quote
Would like Doctson/Treadwell in first DB in 2nd and DT Hargraves in the 3rd. I really like this Braverman WR in the later rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 05:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: How about Billings in rd 1 and Michael Thomas in rd 2? That's not a stretch for either player.

I would be ecstatic if we drafted Billings in the first and Thomas in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Keyarrus Garrett reminds me onof AJ.

Cannot believe he is not being considered in the 2nd round after watching his tape.

Garrett and Green on the outside with Eifert... WTF!!! Shocked

(04-23-2016, 04:06 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I like Doctson a lot Wolf but the problem is so do some of the other teams in front of us. A player I'm warming to and is in one of the newer Bengal's articles is the kid from Tulsa, Garret. He's big and fast.

Yes Big fan of Garret, could easily be picked in the 3rd and he is very under rated. Would probably make it to the 4th, but I wouldn't risk it.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2016, 09:28 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Trade back, get more picks, and grab a guy in the second or third round. Theres tons of talent at the wide receiver position this year, and realistically all we need is a 3rd or 4th option guy. I mean its gonna be:

1. Green
2. Eifert
3. LaFell
4. Draft pick

You don't need to blow a first round draft pick on a guy who at best will be sharing balls between Eifert in the near future.

No, it's the opposite. The WR pool in this years draft is possibly the worst in 10 years. If you can't get one of the top 4-5 then the chances are the guy is nowhere near as good. I mean, they could luck out and find a Marvin Jones late again, but this year's draft is poop at WR outside of the top 4-5.

Also, the Bengals are so deep, talented, and young that to get more picks just means more cuts. And if you keep the picks (young guys) and cut guys who haven't been on the field (young guys already filling the roster as depth) just because you have big numbers it doesn't make sense to have a lot of picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 01:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: There's a bit of a difference between that class and this one. Sanu was viewed as a top 5 WR in many cases. The top 5 WRs will most likely be gone by round 3. Possibly even before our 2nd pick. There's also a HUGE drop off in talent.

Fuller, who I think the Bengals grab in round 1, is actually considered the best WR in this years draft according to the NFL.com positional grades rankings.

Also, the past is the best indicator of the future (which becomes present). "History repeats itself" isn't just a bumper sticker.

Personally, I think COrey Fuller will be the best WR and am hoping the Bengals can look past his size and see that he would be an instant upgrade on the return teams. Lets face it, LaFell is the starting #2 WR. No rookie is coming in and displacing him any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 04:55 PM)PDub80 Wrote: No, it's the opposite. The WR pool in this years draft is possibly the worst in 10 years. If you can't get one of the top 4-5 then the chances are the guy is nowhere near as good. I mean, they could luck out and find a Marvin Jones late again, but this year's draft is poop at WR outside of the top 4-5.

Also, the Bengals are so deep, talented, and young that to get more picks just means more cuts. And if you keep the picks (young guys) and cut guys who haven't been on the field (young guys already filling the roster as depth) just because you have big numbers it doesn't make sense to have a lot of picks.

While I agree this is a weak draft for WR's I also believe that you are slightly off base with your 4-5 good WR's assumption. 
There are 9-10 good WR's in this draft. If you do your homework you will most likely come to that conclusion as well.
Reply/Quote