Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think the next HC will be, not who do you want it to be...
It can't be anyone in house..we need a knew face who can motivate. Geunther doesn't seem like a motivator. And I hope to God we dont.make.hue jackson our coach.
Reply/Quote
Guenther, Hue, or Lazor fit the M.O.  I'd put my money on one of those three, or even Lewis for a publicized farewell tour.

Who I'd like? Matt Patricia, Matt Lafleur, or Frank Reich.
Reply/Quote
Guenther. Mike Brown dislikes a large amount of changes all at once.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:00 PM)Utts Wrote: I'd be interested to see who people thing the next head coach will be, not who they want it to be. I guess it's possible it's the same person, but I'm guessing in most cases it's not.

Who do I think it will be?
Fat Paulie. He's been here since 2005, which means the Brown family has effectively adopted him. They will boast about continuity, and it makes it real easy for them to retain the rest of the staff. I think it's a slam dunk.

Okay, who do I wish it would be?
This is hard, because I'm inclined to overlook people that in my opinion, would never come here. However, I'll throw reason out the window, and just put down my favorite - regardless of likelihood. Matt Patricia. The guy has an engineering degree, and has worked under the greatest HC of all-time, since like 2005. So he's super smart, is intimately familiar with the blueprint for success in NE, and doesn't look like he'll take shit from anybody. The sexy pick is McDaniels, but Beaker could probably produce as their OC, with Tom Brady at QB.

Guenther.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Marvin Lewis get another contract. If Marvin Lewis does retire, the next most likely thing is somebody inside and I'd say Guenther would be the pick.
Reply/Quote
I really don’t think it’ll be Guenther.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, I have no idea why people are so high on McDaniels. The man has been a colossal flop outside of New England.

11-17 record as Head Coach in Denver. He pushed to draft Tim Tebow in the 1st round.

He followed this up with 1 season as OC in St Louis, where coached them to rankings of 32nd in points and 31st in yards. This was with a prime Steven Jackson, a pretty decent group of receivers (Brandon Lloyd, Brandon Gibson, Lance Kendricks) and 10 games of Sam Bradford. They averaged a lowly 12.1 points/game and Bradford posted the worst rating of his career.

So to sum this up, he's a loser as HC, he can't identify talent (important here), and he can't even coach offense without Brady and Bill holding his hand.

Soooooooooooooooooooo, basically, McDaniels is the front runner. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Soooooooooooooooooooo, basically, McDaniels is the front runner. Ninja

Lol probably. Shula 2.0 here we come.

Fwiw, I also don't get the Patricia love, either. The Pats have been terrible defensively this year. And why would we want another defensive coach? 

These guys aren't Bill. They just benefit from being around Bill.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:33 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The more I start to think about this, the more I think Mike Vrabel will be our next coach.

He's played in New England, has done a great job as DC in Houston and has some Ohio ties being a Buckeye.

He's highly thought of around the league and I think he would put together a pretty good staff as well.

And even more important, he saw firsthand the difference that a good rookie QB can make on a team.

If it has to be someone from the Patriots organization, I prefer Matt Patricia.
Reply/Quote
Someone fresh. Someone with new ideas. Someone who will blow our minds and make us question why we ever doubted Mr Brown's ability to make hard decisions.
Rex Ryan.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Until Marvin retires he will be our coach. Mike Brown will never fire him and I don't see Marvin calling it quits anytime soon.

If he does somehow retire it'll be a promotion from within the organization. Guenther probably.

If by some miracle they do hire from outside the organization it'll be Hue Jackson.
Reply/Quote
It'll be hue Jackson I've Been thinking that for 6 weeks ,if not gunther
Reply/Quote
Marvin was a big name when he came so I am going to believe for another month before reality hits.

It will likely be Guenther

Or like everyone else said Hue..... But keep an eye on Jay Gruden if he gets canned. MB loves the last name and should be pretty comfortable with him. I might take him over Hue. Hue's a fine OC, but HC?....

It'll likely be Marvin. We lost our only hope when ASU hired Herm.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: [Image: kl.jpg?w=422&h=211]

Yep.  No matter who takes over they will just be a small fried shrimp out of a big platter of crap we gotta eat.  Sick
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
Someone no other team is interviewing or considering.

Coaches getting interviewed by other teams will avoid Mike Brown like the plague.

Reply/Quote
Question, when marvin got hired here,how long was his first year deal?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:19 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Someone no other team is interviewing or considering.

Coaches getting interviewed by other teams will avoid Mike Brown like the plague.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.  The job security factor in Cincinnati may make it an attractive landing spot for a wise HC candidate.  It may not be the most attractive landing spot to the most clever HC candidate, but clever ain't wise.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 04:22 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I wouldn't be so sure of that.  The job security factor in Cincinnati may make it an attractive landing spot for a wise HC candidate.  It may not be the most attractive landing spot to the most clever HC candidate, but clever ain't wise.

Not to mention there’s only 32 of these jobs in the world. It’s a tired narrative that coaches won’t be interested in coming here. Just simply not true.

Reply/Quote
It won't be Hue as he won the power struggle and will not be fired. Also the Browns are about to make a significant and great move imho by hiring the former Chiefs GM.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: It won't be Hue as he won the power struggle and will not be fired. Also the Browns are about to make a significant and great move imho by hiring the former Chiefs GM.

Dorsey isn’t taking a job he can’t choose the coach. That Browns job is toxic on so many levels. They honestly need someone like Gettlemen but he will most likely be back with the Giants.

Now I wonder if Haslam would then Fire Hue to secure someone like Dorsey.
Reply/Quote