Poll: WHo do you want #2
Current Bengal
Matt Moore
Joe Flacco
Blake Bortles
Josh McCown
Other (splain yoself)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want as Back up QB
(04-30-2020, 04:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He may feel 100% but he hasn't played contact football since he's recovered from his injury. If I'm the owner, I want to see him make it through at least all training camp without injury before I make him the starter.

Right, I agree with that. Just saying I would want to make him the starter if he does stay healthy thru OTAs and TC over the other 2
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really haven't followed Rosen's career, but what a fall for a 1st rd. QB....

I agree, but I don't think he's unsalvage-able.
He's played for two of the worst teams in the league in two years.
If he goes to a team who actually has a good offense (and potentially a good starter to learn behind), he might groom into a QB within a year or two.
He doesn't seem to be a guy who can turn around a bad team, but he might be ok if he was the QB for a team that was already good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
OTHER:  AJ McCarron

AJ McCarron just has "it," you know, that swagger and confidence.  Heck, he came closer to any other quarterback since Boomer Esiason to winning a playoff game for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree, but I don't think he's unsalvage-able.
He's played for two of the worst teams in the league in two years.
If he goes to a team who actually has a good offense (and potentially a good starter to learn behind), he might groom into a QB within a year or two.
He doesn't seem to be a guy who can turn around a bad team, but he might be ok if he was the QB for a team that was already good.

Wouldn't be against Rosen as the backup.
Reply/Quote
Dolegala all the way even tho we missed our chance to see him last year. Finley's arm is just too weak unless he improved his arm in the offseason by a lot. We got so many QB coaches on the team that Burrows will be fine. Every time they gave Dolegala more to do or better players to play against he answered the call. Spend the money on continuing to improve this team or sign players. Personally I would like to see the o-line improve more at least depth if not a solid RT starter for a year or two while we coach a replacement up or draft a guy high in the next year or two.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 05:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: OTHER:  AJ McCarron

AJ McCarron just has "it," you know, that swagger and confidence.  Heck, he came closer to any other quarterback since Boomer Esiason to winning a playoff game for the Bengals.

Under contract in Houston for 2020.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The best things about Bortles are:
He knows the pressures of being the 1st QB taken in the draft
He's worked as the back up to a QB taken #1OA
He's got post season success
He's played in McVay's system
He played for $1 MIL last year. 

I could accept him as a backup.  He could probably at least keep you in a couple games if need be.  And for a million, why not?  Just so he's not throwing it thirty times a game.

And he beat the Steelers. Gotta give him props for that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:49 PM)McC Wrote: I could accept him as a backup.  He could probably at least keep you in a couple games if need be.  And for a million, why not?  Just so he's not throwing it thirty times a game.

And he beat the Steelers.  Gotta give him props for that.

Hell, Bort Bortles beat the Steelers twice in one year and that included a playoff game.  The guy would be a legend around here.
Reply/Quote
Finley and Dolegala for another year. We traded picks to move up and take Finley. I’m not giving up on a guy after a few starts at QB his rookie year on a bad team. He may could still turn into a serviceable game manager. We used a roster spot on Dolegala all year. We may do the same thing again.
Reply/Quote
I feel like McCown would be the best from a mentor standpoint but I’d hate for him to have to play if Burrow went down. Matt Moore seems like the most logical fit bc he’s a career backup who understands the gig and even though he probably won’t win you many games if he has to play he is capable. In all honesty I’d be cool with cutting Finley even though he’s only in his sophomore season. As far as Dolegala goes, i mean who knows? He’s a small school guy who flashed a little in preseason but has no real experience and i definitely wouldn’t feel comfortable with him as a number 2
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Roll with what we have.
It's highly unlikely we are going to the play offs this year with Burrow active so if he goes down... whats the point? Now if we were already a play off contending team, then yes we need a quality back up.

Burrow is leagues ahead of most of these guys you all want as "mentors". Let Joe learn on the job and have the coaches mold him.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 05:44 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Dolegala all the way even tho we missed our chance to see him last year. Finley's arm is just too weak unless he improved his arm  in the offseason by a lot. We got so many QB coaches on the team that Burrows will be fine. Every time they gave Dolegala more to do or better players to play against he answered the call. Spend the money on continuing to improve this team or sign players. Personally I would like to see the o-line improve more at least depth if not a solid RT starter for a year or two while we coach a replacement up or draft a guy high in the next year or two.

Who is Burrows?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 05:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: OTHER:  AJ McCarron

McMarron could be like Foles, not interested in playing 16 games, he just wants that short term goal of a couple of games and win it all.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 05:44 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Dolegala all the way even tho we missed our chance to see him last year. Finley's arm is just too weak unless he improved his arm  in the offseason by a lot. We got so many QB coaches on the team that Burrows will be fine. Every time they gave Dolegala more to do or better players to play against he answered the call. Spend the money on continuing to improve this team or sign players. Personally I would like to see the o-line improve more at least depth if not a solid RT starter for a year or two while we coach a replacement up or draft a guy high in the next year or two.

Hopefully through this lockdown, he's been weight lifting and fapping that arm the size of Arnie Swazh to lob those bombs.

Dolegala is THE man though. Hopefully Zac is not the type of coach who thinks, "well I invested a lot on this other guy by trading up (Finley) even though I have a possible Montana that cost me nothing (Dolegala), but i'll work on my investment because it cost me more" type of mentality.
Reply/Quote
Finley was dreadful last year. I never expected him to do any better then Andy did, after he was benched but Ryan Finley was hard to watch. No confidence, weak arm, no accuracy, it was a disaster.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps they just ride out the Finely deal until his rookie contract is up, then it's goodbye?

Burrow is plan A, there is no plan B type of thing.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Finley, easy answer. He has a year in the system and will be invaluable in the QB room, practices and games as a second pair of eyes for Burrow. He’ll never be a good starter, but he is good to have as a backup. Not to mention he’s cheap and under contract for a few more years.

This. Also, there will most likely be some peaks and valleys for Joe, being his first year. I could be surprised, but I don't feel like we'll be competing for a playoff run this season. So if he goes down, it won't matter much anyway.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We made moves to contend 3 LB's 2 to 3 WR counting AJ and Ross A G a starting caliber LT in Jonah. On defense we added 3 LB's a playmaking DT and a upgraded secondary. I would hate to see all this work wasted by a freak injury to Burrow. We can contend this year damnit!
Reply/Quote
I voted McCown. But like Moore the moore I read about him...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 01:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hell, Bort Bortles beat the Steelers twice in one year and that included a playoff game.  The guy would be a legend around here.

I wouldn't say no to Bortles. He had a couple of good seasons in Jacksonville, and those teams were never good.

I would also bring back several ex Bengals QB's if they were to become available like Ryan Fitzpatrick and AJ McCarron.

But out of the one's available I'd like Josh McCown then Matt Moore.
Reply/Quote