Poll: WHo do you want #2
Current Bengal
Matt Moore
Joe Flacco
Blake Bortles
Josh McCown
Other (splain yoself)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want as Back up QB
(04-30-2020, 03:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If they’re smart they will start Fitz next season and let Tua fully heal up. There’s plenty of good options at backup QB without trading for one and giving something up.

You think they would start Fitz in front of Rosen?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I want to work a deal with  Miami and get some Fitzmagic in here as backup. The Dolphins may be pissed that they couldn't get us to trade back and let them have Burrow, but they now have Tua, Josh Rosen, Fitzpatrick and Jake Rudock. They ought to let us get Fitz. He only has a year left on a 2 year 11 mil deal. Work on it Katie....

If I'm Miami, I ONLY would look to do this if I had Cam Newton or Andy Dalton coming on board to provide insurance for Tua.
There's no way they roll with just Tua, Rosen, and Rudock for the 2020 season given Tua's injury history.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Matt Moore would suit me.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If I'm Miami, I ONLY would look to do this if I had Cam Newton or Andy Dalton coming on board to provide insurance for Tua.
There's no way they roll with just Tua, Rosen, and Rudock for the 2020 season given Tua's injury history.

Don't you think Rosen is in the #2 spot? They probably won't even carry 3 on the game day roster
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:05 PM)McC Wrote: Could be. 

Personally, I think Dolegala gives him a real run for his money.

Dolegala has way more upside as he possesses a legitimate arm and requisite size. Finley is not an NFL QB.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't you think Rosen is in the #2 spot? They probably won't even carry 3 on the game day roster

Rosen might get cut or traded. Personally, I like the idea of picking him up. Plenty of talent, but arguably handed the rawest deal of any 1st round QB in the last 10 years. I imagine the Patriots will snag him and turn him into something.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You think they would start Fitz in front of Rosen?

Yes.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't you think Rosen is in the #2 spot? They probably won't even carry 3 on the game day roster

I don't. 

I think their intent is to have the following:
1. Tagovailoa
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Rosen

I think they carry 3 at least this year until they feel comfortable with Tua being able to remain healthy.
If Tua still needs time to recover, Fitz would be the starter with Rosen as the backup. But if all are healthy, I'd guess Rosen is #3.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:41 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Rosen might get cut or traded.  Personally, I like the idea of picking him up.  Plenty of talent, but arguably handed the rawest deal of any 1st round QB in the last 10 years.  I imagine the Patriots will snag him and turn him into something.

I would be fine with adding Rosen in this case, at least over Finley or Dolegala.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Im going Matt Moore as a backup over what we have now
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't. 

1. Tagovailoa
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Rosen

I think they carry 3 at least this year until they feel comfortable with Tua being able to remain healthy.
If Tua still needs time to recover, Fitz would be the starter with Rosen as the backup. But if all are healthy, I'd guess Rosen is #3.

If I'm Miami, I realize I'm not winning in 2020, and that I'm building towards 2021.

So I start Rosen and try to increase his trade value. Worst case scenario, they lose a ton of games and get another high draft pick for when Tua is ready.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
My criteria, they must be dirt cheap meaning 1.5 million or less of non guaranteed money.

So any of those guys willing to come in and compete against or #2 and #3 existing.

My guess is none will do it so I say just go with Finley and save the money for Mixon or other options we need in 2021 if we roll over money again.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If I'm Miami, I realize I'm not winning in 2020, and that I'm building towards 2021.

So I start Rosen and try to increase his trade value. Worst case scenario, they lose a ton of games and get another high draft pick for when Tua is ready.

He said he feels 100%. You think they'd sit him to learn for a year?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:21 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He said he feels 100%. You think they'd sit him to learn for a year?

He may feel 100% but he hasn't played contact football since he's recovered from his injury. If I'm the owner, I want to see him make it through at least all training camp without injury before I make him the starter.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:21 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He said he feels 100%. You think they'd sit him to learn for a year?

Sorry, first I've heard that he's 100%...not that I've paid super close attention to Tua.

If he truly is healthy, that changes everything. Then they should trade/cut Rosen and keep the veteran guy around for Tua.

That said, they need to be sure he truly is full go.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I vote Dolegala or Finley, in that order.

I've read a few times where Zac and Brian Callahan have said they don't intend to bring in a vet backup. Neither of them feel its necessary.

They infer that with 3 former QBs on staff and 2 backups with a year under their belts Burrow will get plenty "mentoring", if he needs any at all....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sorry, first I've heard that he's 100%...not that I've paid super close attention to Tua.

If he truly is healthy, that changes everything. Then they should trade/cut Rosen and keep the veteran guy around for Tua.

Tua is healthy

I think matter of time until they cut Rosen

I would take him over this list
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't. 

1. Tagovailoa
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Rosen

I really haven't followed Rosen's career, but what a fall for a 1st rd. QB....
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sorry, first I've heard that he's 100%...not that I've paid super close attention to Tua.

Yea, seen his workouts on twitter. I doubt they cut Rosen though, his dead cap is higher than Fitz. Trade of course is possible. And he's what only 23? Gotta think they cut Fitzmagic over Rosen.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With the Bengals giving Andy his release that he asked for we must now address QB #2. So who you got and why? I've created a poll..feel free to vote

Matt Moore, no way am I ready to roll with noodle arm Finley. We saw what he had last year.

Will be a new system built around Burrow too, so saying Finley has been in the system isn't a good argument for him either.
Reply/Quote