Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who else was holding their breath
After Logan Wilson masterfully executed a punch out, and as we watched Sam Hubbard streaking a historic 98 yards for the score, thinking one thing.

Please don't be a block in the back?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I was more so praying the play would stand. lol

But yes. That too.

That play will definitely go down as one of the coolest playoff memories ever.
Reply/Quote
I thought for sure that was drawing a flag.

I'm not sure how it didn't but I'm happy it didn't.

And can we give Pratt some love for making the stop that allowed that to happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After Colin Wilson masterfully executed a punch out, and as we watched Sam Hubbard streaking a historic 98 yards for the score, thinking one thing.

Colin Wilson? Is that Logan’s alter ego?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:26 AM)pally Wrote: Colin Wilson? Is that Logan’s alter ego?

Colin is someone I know in life, Logan is a damn good LB!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I had a fear that he would have been called in the end zone until the replay. I was also shouting at the caravan to block. That was pretty bad job of blocking on their part. I do think Bailey started the block on the side, so they let it slide, but yeah a lot could have gone wrong and it didn’t.
Reply/Quote
I was confused when Hubbard cut left to make it easier for Andrews to get to him.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Three players trying to defend Sam from a single raven and they could barely block Andrews. Refs should've called an illegal block on one of our players too.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:36 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I was confused when Hubbard cut left to make it easier for Andrews to get to him.

He's a DE....HE was confused about how to run that far with the ball.  He said he was watching  Andrews on the jumbotron get closer and closer

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:30 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I had a fear that he would have been called in the end zone until the replay. I was also shouting at the caravan to block. That was pretty bad job of blocking on their part. I do think Bailey started the block on the side, so they let it slide, but yeah a lot could have gone wrong and it didn’t.

Don't really need to block just get in the guy's way and guide him away from your guy. But yeah, two guys were in position to slow him up.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:36 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I was confused when Hubbard cut left to make it easier for Andrews to get to him.

Right if he headed for the right pylon, it would not have been close. Guess he was looking at jumbotron and got confused on which way to cut. lol
Reply/Quote
It will be a great game next week!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After Logan Wilson masterfully executed a punch out, and as we watched Sam Hubbard streaking a historic 98 yards for the score, thinking one thing.

I was so afraid Andrews would punch it out.

I was so afraid it was a block in the back.

I was so afraid Huntley scored.

That game was an exercise in managing emotions.  I was getting really pissed when a guy like Peters (a first-class assbag) punches Tee in the facemask, hard enough to move his helmet up his chin and there is no call on a clear PI in the end zone.  A fumbled snap leads to a bogus first down.  Jonah Williams goes down and CARMAN goes in at LT?  

The bottom line is they won.  It wasn't pretty, and we were all waiting for that one big play to materialize, but ZT knew that Joe simply didn't have the time against that defensive line with the way his offensive line was playing.  Really glad that return was by local guy Hubbard.  Cool as hell. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After Logan Wilson masterfully executed a punch out, and as we watched Sam Hubbard streaking a historic 98 yards for the score, thinking one thing.

I really thought the ball cleared the plane. Kinda watched it happen thinking it wasn’t going to count, and I hated to see the fans losing their minds over it because it was going to he heartbreaking to see the air rapidly sucked out of the balloon.

Then they showed the replay and the ball clearly didn’t get where it needed to be, so I grabbed my cat Beefcake and ran around my living room. Poor guy hasn’t come near me since.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

I think he was just aiming for the shortest route to the end zone. Runnung out of oxygen. Wink

The convoy did not do a great job. ADG was putting his fingers in the air instead of blocking. Bell got a piece of Andrews, at least. And I thought they were gonna flag Bailey. 

And Pratt does deserve some love for stuffing Huntley & holding him up. 
Reply/Quote
I didn't think Huntley scored watching the play live. I saw the ball come out but before I could even yell ball Hubbard had it and was running down field. Initially it was just shock but then I was screaming to block Andrews. He seemed to be running forever watching it live but I didn't even notice the block in the back I was just glad he didn't make the tackle or worse I knew we needed a score there. I definitely held my breathe waiting to see if Huntley broke the plane first or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:46 AM)pally Wrote: He's a DE....HE was confused about how to run that far with the ball.  He said he was watching  Andrews on the jumbotron get closer and closer

He had a convoy of blockers and it sure didn’t look like any of them were paying attention until Andrews ran by them. I was pissed at those guys. With how that game was going it is no guarantee we get a TD or even points if they let him tackle Hubbard. Celebrate after the TD next time!
Reply/Quote
Buttcheeks as well

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:58 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think he was just aiming for the shortest route to the end zone. Runnung out of oxygen. Wink

The convoy did not do a great job. ADG was putting his fingers in the air instead of blocking. Bell got a piece of Andrews, at least. And I thought they were gonna flag Bailey. 

And Pratt does deserve some love for stuffing Huntley & holding him up. 

I thought Bell should've blocked him. He turned his head and saw him and had an angle to get the block. ADG seemed to have a bad angle but he appeared to be trying to clap to alert Hubbard. Not sure he could hear it over the crowd. I think everyone was exhausted on that play.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:24 AM)motoarch Wrote: I thought for sure that was drawing a flag.

I'm not sure how it didn't but I'm happy it didn't.

And can we give Pratt some love for making the stop that allowed that to happen.

I agree but it wasn't as if the Bengal blatantly extended his arms as it was more of a brush.But, you never know with officials.
Reply/Quote