Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who else was holding their breath
(01-17-2023, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nope, it looked like it at first, but if you watch it close Bailey was at his side when he initiated the block. Good no call.

Hey Sled congratulations on moving on bud!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:18 PM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: It was pretty close but did the refs miss a block in the back penalty on Hubbard's fumble return for TD? Looks like #51 for Cincy got away with one, but still a win is a win.

He touched the INSIDE of Andrews' shoulder, who ran by him and then fell.  It wasn't a block in the back.  

I am more than a little shocked that one of the speedy outside WRs didn't at least attempt to catch Hubbard.  If the shoe was on the other foot, I guarantee you CTB, Apple, Bell, and Bates would have been FLYING downfield to catch him.  Thank God, they didn't.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did you guys see BJ Hill's postgame. He is freaking hilarious. He said he got up on that play and said, "Where'd everybody go?" then saw them running down the field, said someone must have gotten the ball out, then saw it was Sam.....
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He touched the INSIDE of Andrews' shoulder, who ran by him and then fell.  It wasn't a block in the back.  

I am more than a little shocked that one of the speedy outside WRs didn't at least attempt to catch Hubbard.  If the shoe was on the other foot, I guarantee you CTB, Apple, Bell, and Bates would have been FLYING downfield to catch him.  Thank God, they didn't.  

If I remember right, they were in heavy package, so there were no speedy receivers in the game for that play.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:18 PM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: It was pretty close but did the refs miss a block in the back penalty on Hubbard's fumble return for TD? Looks like #51 for Cincy got away with one, but still a win is a win.

I think the lack of noise from Mark Andrews and the Ravens is the biggest indicator that it wasn't a block in the back.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I saw Florio is claiming it was a missed call. Nuff said.

Reply/Quote
Whether it should have been called or not, it COULD have been called very easily. There are literally hundreds of plays a week across the NFL that could have or could not have been called. The NFL is an extraordinarily subjective league in regards to several different rules. As many have pointed out in the past, you could probably call holding on every single play in the trenches. It's why they reserve the penalties for the egregious plays (most of the time) and that's what I think they did here. This may have been a block in the back, but it wasn't egregious or intentional and it likely didn't impact the outcome of the play so the refs, wisely, chose not to throw the flag. Which worked out great for us because I'm not 100% sure our offense pushes that one in for the touchdown in the penalty takes it back to the 40.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Whether it should have been called or not, it COULD have been called very easily.

When what's-his-face threw his hands up in the "I didn't do anything" gesture, I thought FOR SURE a ref was going to throw a flag.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I saw Florio is claiming it was a missed call. Nuff said.

Also saw a bunch of other stealer fans on twitter complaining and saying it was a block in the back...

It wasn't. Kind of funny seeing them all ***** about the big dogs of the AFC North now a dayz.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you guys see BJ Hill's postgame. He is freaking hilarious. He said he got up on that play and said, "Where'd everybody go?" then saw them running down the field, said someone must have gotten the ball out, then saw it was Sam.....

Awesome, gonna have to go watch this.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Y'all need to learn to just live in the moment and enjoy the sights and specticals in front of you instead of worrying about the what ifs.

It's still a rollercoaster ride, but man does it make it for less headaches.
Reply/Quote
This angle clearly shows that when contact was initiated, the players were shoulder-to-shoulder.  Andrews fell forward which made it appear as a block in the back, but it clearly wasn't.

[Image: SKXy4mJ.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 09:56 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This angle clearly shows that when contact was initiated, the players were shoulder-to-shoulder.  Andrews fell forward which made it appear as a block in the back, but it clearly wasn't.

Originally, I thought Bailey got away with one, but I recorded the game and went back and watched it several times---And, YOU"RE correct!!!!  Bailey starts the block legally when they were side-by-side on the shoulder and Andrews falls on his own diving and swiping his arms after Hubbard's feet trying to make a shoestring tackle. 
Reply/Quote
It's like being beside your girlfriend at the movie theater but instead of having your arm around her... your pushing her in the back and she falls forward face first into some popcorn.

Correct no call.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 09:56 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This angle clearly shows that when contact was initiated, the players were shoulder-to-shoulder.  Andrews fell forward which made it appear as a block in the back, but it clearly wasn't.

He was motoring
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 10:26 PM)QueenCity Wrote: It's like being beside your girlfriend at the movie theater but instead of having your arm around her... your pushing her in the back and she falls forward face first into some popcorn.

Correct no call.

That was a strangely specific analogy. Methinks this has happened before.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 11:13 PM)Earendil Wrote: That was a strangely specific analogy. Methinks this has happened before.

Just feeling creative today Wink
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
That view above does show side contact. The TV live view showed the contact from the back side as they were heading to the EZ and looked like a block in the back. As soon as I saw Bailey throw his arms up after Andrews fell down I thought here comes the flag.
Reply/Quote
At first I cringed, we all did. But it was a great job by Markus on the fly especially with Sam running to Mark's side of the field lol
Reply/Quote
It's a moot point. The score is official and nothing can change that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote