Dalton
81.25%
26 81.25%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has better luck this year?
Simple question. Who does better this year? Andrew Luck or Andy Dalton? Who is the King Andy?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm a homer...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 02:06 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I'm a homer...

So am I. I think Dalton has some good weapons this year. So does Luck, but he's injury prone.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Luck is hella overrated. If you need an example, just remember how Colin Kaepernick was treated about two years ago when he was the second coming of Joe Montana.

Luck has a career 58.1% completion (bad), 7.0 YPA (mediocre), and averages 20 turnovers per 16 games (pretty darn bad). He's had one real good year, two meh years, and one super awful year, yet is often ranked among the top QBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dalton, all the way. He has matured as an NFL franchise QB, he has a good team around him, solid coaching, and a FO that makes solid decisions.

Seems like Andrew Luck did really well, when he inherited the roster crafted around Peyton Manning, but since the Irsay legal issues, that entire franchise has seemed to go downhill.

Where is coltsfan? Did he not make the transition to the new board? Would be curious to see his input, lol.

Edit: I forgot that this thread was posted in JN. IMO, threads, especially ones with poles involving NFL players that are not Bengals, should be posted in smack, or at least Around the NFL, or AFCN news.. Just sayin' because when you are only asking Bengal fans their opinion, when comparing their player versus another NFL player, it's kind of a loaded poll...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ida know, I'd talk about how Luck is an overrated Amish weirdo but until we make it to the AFC Championship game he's gotten farther than we have. Thems the breaks.

With that said, I wager he has another down year, though not as down as last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, I'd talk about how Luck is an overrated Amish weirdo but until we make it to the AFC Championship game he's gotten farther than we have.  Thems the breaks.

With that said, I wager he has another down year, though not as down as last year.

Meh, Luck beat a Chiefs team that was missing half of their players, and he beat the Bengals in 2014, and then the Broncos when Manning played bad. He's probably had one of the easiest playoff schedules in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, I'd talk about how Luck is an overrated Amish weirdo but until we make it to the AFC Championship game he's gotten farther than we have.  Thems the breaks.

Don't think the Colts make the playoffs this year. Texans won the division last year and are arguably better this year than last. I'd bet on the Jags over both of them.

If the Colts finish 3rd in the division, I wouldn't be surprised.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
In Luck's defense.... He plays on a garbage team. Bad D, bad RBs, meh receivers, and an O line that can't protect him. I don't think Dalton could do what Luck has done with that roster. He hasn't done it with a roster that at times has been called the best in the league.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Andy had a great year before the thumb, but I would still trade him for Luck. Hopefully he will make me change my mind.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 09:30 PM)jason Wrote: In Luck's defense.... He plays on a garbage team. Bad D, bad RBs, meh receivers, and an O line that can't protect him. I don't think Dalton could do what Luck has done with that roster. He hasn't done it with a roster that at times has been called the best in the league.

Luck has had great receivers his career. He's always had 2 great WRs and a really good TE, and good #3 receiver. His OL and RBs haven't been the best, but let's not act like he hasn't had a team around him. He plays in one of the easiest divisions in the league and he's got a losing record to people outside of his division. Luck is very overrated.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. Unless I'm forgetting someone he's had great WRs past their prime, and TY Hilton. He's a nice player, but he ain't AJ Green. I agree he's played in a bad division, and Jacksonville and Houston are probably both better teams this year. I just don't think they've done a great job of putting talent around him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Indy is in trouble this year in many aspects. However, I think they still contend for a playoff spot. Dalton will get us there for sure.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I remember when a bunch of folks here thought we should have competed for the worse record when we went from CP to AD.. It was the days of the unknown where we drafted Dalton and missed out on the Luck lottery because Andy was a whole lot better than most Bengals fans thought possible. He was basically an unknown player from a smaller school so of course several people thought it was a mistake to even try to win. I can recall several people who wanted the season to tank when Andy took over and all but begging Andy to be a total bust..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 10:46 PM)ojason Wrote: Yeah. Unless I'm forgetting someone he's had great WRs past their prime, and TY Hilton. He's a nice player, but he ain't AJ Green. I agree he's played in a bad division, and Jacksonville and Houston are probably both better teams this year. I just don't think they've done a great job of putting talent around him.

Idk. Saints fans are pretty excited about Coby Fleener and that was Luck's #2 TE at times. The weapons have been there, regardless of whether or not Hilton > AJ Green. As for their o-line, Luck is statistically proven to hold the ball longer than most QBs. When Hasselbeck was in last year, the o-line mysteriously got better.

Let's face it, if Luck were all he's been hyped up to be, he wouldn't need a great team around him. The greats make it happen with lesser players. Like LL said, Luck has one very good year, two mediocre years and an awful year. It is what it is. Great players don't need excuses.

In the end, I think Luck will be more like Stafford or Palmer than someone like Rodgers or Peyton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
we doing the volume stats argument here?

let me rephrase that, we doing the no context stats argument here?
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 06:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Luck is hella overrated. If you need an example, just remember how Colin Kaepernick was treated about two years ago when he was the second coming of Joe Montana.

Luck has a career 58.1% completion (bad), 7.0 YPA (mediocre), and averages 20 turnovers per 16 games (pretty darn bad). He's had one real good year, two meh years, and one super awful year, yet is often ranked among the top QBs.
totally agree he is very hyped.. he could turn it around though I don;t think he is horrible but not in top 10 of QBs.. but I think Dalton is better
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Meh, Luck beat a Chiefs team that was missing half of their players, and he beat the Bengals in 2014, and then the Broncos when Manning played bad. He's probably had one of the easiest playoff schedules in a long time.

Yeah, and if we ever make the AFC Championship game the detractors are going to devise a zillion reasons why the Bengals shouldn't be in it and why the Pats/Steelers/other media darling should be.  It's clearly not easy to just fall ass-first into 3 playoff wins if we can't do it once in 7 tries.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 11:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, and if we ever make the AFC Championship game the detractors are going to devise a zillion reasons why the Bengals shouldn't be in it and why the Pats/Steelers/other media darling should be.  It's clearly not easy to just fall ass-first into 3 playoff wins if we can't do it once in 7 tries.

Look at the team's they were able to beat. That's pretty much falling ass first into 3 playoff wins.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 03:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Look at the team's they were able to beat. That's pretty much falling ass first into 3 playoff wins.

Meh, I'd wager people might consider playoff games against Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates, a 9-7 Chargers team that made the playoffs because the Chiefs backups couldn't close them out the week before, a Colts team that apparently only makes the playoffs because the division stinks, only won playoff games because they had it super easy, and was forced to run a RB we didn't want MIGHT be considered gimmie games, too.

I will admit I was SURE in 2015 the Jets were going to beat Buffalo, head to Cincy and lead to Shitzpatrick throwing 4 INTs and giving us a playoff win no matter how badly we played or who we had starting at QB.  Close, but the dude imploded 1 quarter too soon for us to get our own ass-first playoff win.  Bah.
Reply/Quote