Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is Switching Teams?
If AJ McCarron is traded to the Cleveland Browns who will be switching teams? I will also throw in if WE keep Marvin will you be switching Teams? Has this year prompted anyone to have a Back Up Team? If so who is your backup team?
Reply/Quote
If you switch teams to the Browns because McCarron is traded there, you're not a Bengals fan. You're a McCarron fan.

I will always root for this team. I may hate some things they do and disagree with things. But the Bengals are my team. I root for some other teams, but I'm invested in the Bengals.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
To me being a fan is about an emotional attachment. I could not "switch teams" even if I wanted to.

I will admit that I grew up an OSU fan and eventually switched to being a UT fan. But that only happened after I had been moved away from Ohio for years and attended UT.

There seems to be something deeper about my attachment to the Bengals. I lived in Colorado for a few years in the 90's when the Bengals were horrid and the Broncos were good, but I never even considered becoming a Bronco fan.
Reply/Quote
I really tried back in 2010. CP9 turned *****, Chad was shown the door, and the team was struggling. I tried to change to the Colts. Living in the Louisville market they are the "home" team, plus a couple of my good friends are Colts fans. This was also when Colts were one of the more successful teams in the league. I could not do it

The closet I ever came was when Boomer went to the Jets. I was a much younger fan with less invested in the team, I started following and liking the J-E-T-S and bought into the they are NYC's little brother team. So while I cannot do it, I understand how a younger fan could make the switch.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd stop watching before I'd switch teams. I have a family and being a football fan can be a time consuming proposition. I'd rather just not be emotionally attached to something that does practically nothing for me in reality. Plus it's fake as **** to try to blend in with a new fan base and enjoy their successes like you've always been there.

I'd go about it the same way as I approach college football. I enjoy the hell out of watching. I like getting together with Kentucky and OSU fans and drinking beer on Saturdays. At the end of the day, whether they win or lose means almost nothing to me. It's very casual and fun. I don't wear any colors and I don't talk any shit unless somebody is just being absurd or annoying.

Watching Bengals games is gut wrenching for me. It sets the tone for my entire week. I'd miss the cycle of the NFL season/offseason and the feeling of a win, but at the end of the day I'd probably be better off not rooting for this team.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 04:19 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: If AJ McCarron is traded to the Cleveland Browns who will be switching teams?    I will also throw in if WE keep Marvin will you be switching Teams?  Has this year prompted anyone to have a Back Up Team?  If so who is your backup team?

This is a joke, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Who is switching teams?

Hopefully Jeremy Hill, Russell Bodine, and Pacman Jones.
Reply/Quote
If I knew the secret, I would switch teams in a heartbeat. The only return on investment you get for being a fan of this team is a kick in the nuts. The strength of the kick is the only thing that varies from year to year.
Reply/Quote
"Who's with me!?"

*Crickets*
Reply/Quote
Well, I'm married, Marlon, but I'm willing to listen to your offer Mellow

More chance of that happening than me ever rooting for the Clowns, AJ MacCarron or no. Ever.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure this was sarcasm but you can never tell on message boards.

Unfortunately I'm a sucker for terrible sports teams so Bengals it is.

My backup team is whoever is playing the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
In 93-94 (my first seasons following football), I was as much a Chiefs fan as a Bengals fan. Long story short, Montana retired, Blake blew up and I've been a huge fan of the home team ever since. I did try to become a Cowboys fan in the mid-90's...even had my Mom buy me a Cowboys sweat shirt, but it just never felt right. I grew up in Covington seeing the Cincy skyline every day, so being a Bengals fan was probably just inevitable.

I kinda wish I could've forced my way into being a Cowboys fan, but what's done is done. In my adult life, I've never been such a big fan of one player that I'd switch teams for one player. Like someone else said...if you do that, you never were a Bengals fan. You're a McCarron fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If I switched teams, it'd be to the NFC, as I dislike every single AFC team. I root for the NFC in every Super Bowl if the Bengals don't make it.

Maybe I'd switch to Minnesota, Washington, or Arizona due to Bengals ties. I also liked the Seahawks somewhat, but that's gone down since Marshawn retired.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Can't do it. I would have a long time ago if I could
Reply/Quote
Can I come back when he doesn't beat out RG III for the starting job?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Since 1978
Not going to change now.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 06:49 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Since 1978
Not going to change now.

Same here.

I really liked the Chargers, when they had Fouts, Joiner, Chandler, and Winslow, but remained true to Cincy.

We made it through the early nineties.
Some of these young ones do not yet know pain.
LOL
Reply/Quote
That's easy for me. No. I will never switch teams. I am a lifelong Bengals fan since 1978 and it will never change. However, I do root for Mike Zimmer and other players that I liked when they went to another team but I will always be faithful to the Bengals even though some of the things that have happened here are tough to watch.
Reply/Quote
I lived in Cincinnati my whole life prior to this past year, when I moved to Tampa.

I'll always diehard for the bengals, invested too much to change now.

However, I will root for the bucs (unless they actually played the bengals) since they are in the NFC...seems to make it a little easier. Will I ever buy apparel for them or do anything too crazy? No
Reply/Quote
I will admit though if the Bengals fell off of the face of the earth I'd be a Packers fan. They were my team I chose first.
Reply/Quote