Poll: Are you surprised by the o line in week 1
Yes completely shocked
I thought they would at least scheme around it somehow
No, not at all.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is actually surprised by what they saw week 1?
I seriously find it hard to believe, after watching the worst line I ever seen last season get NO improvement in the off-season, people would actually be surprised when the offense comes out the next season looking like hot garbage. It defys all logic moving a guy that looks like he shouldn't even be in the league from right tackle to left tackle and poof he suddenly a starting caliber NFL blocker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This should be really good

Zampese called plays like this was a great o line

Didn't even give CED help at LT
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:13 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I seriously find it hard to believe, after watching the worst line I ever seen last season get NO improvement in the off-season, people would actually be surprised when the offense comes out the next season looking like hot garbage. It defys all logic moving a guy that looks like he shouldn't even be in the league from right tackle to left tackle and poof he suddenly a starting caliber NFL blocker.

The O-line was not great but you cannot pin this loss on them. Andy Dalton had possibly the worst game I have ever seen and this coaching staff has lost whatever semblance of a real NFL staff they ever had.This is the worst effort I have seen since 02
Reply/Quote
I didn't expect the Bengals to be good this year, but by no means did I ever think that they would be THAT bad. The OL was about as terrible as I expected, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:13 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I seriously find it hard to believe, after watching the worst line I ever seen last season get NO improvement in the off-season, people would actually be surprised when the offense comes out the next season looking like hot garbage. It defys all logic moving a guy that looks like he shouldn't even be in the league from right tackle to left tackle and poof he suddenly a starting caliber NFL blocker.

The line was verry bad, Andy was even worse. Fat Marvin is a verry pussified Coach that has always made ignorant game decisions. He never screams at players or refs, no fire at all, very poor at clock management. He is so past his time here. The Offensive play calling sucked. The D looked o.k. against a poor Offense. I'd guess 2-4 Wins this year.
Reply/Quote
Only thing that surprised me is how little Andy got Eifert the ball and how shitty Fisher was at RT. I thought he'd be at least passable
Reply/Quote
I have to admit that I was shocked at how poorly Dalton played.

16 of 31?

4 picks and 5 turnovers? How many of them in the Red Zone? 3 or 4? Could've been a 21-20 win.

Do QB ratings go into negative numbers?

This offense looked worse than anemic. Sorry, Andy fans. This one is on him. That last pick that he threw in the direction of AJ was pathetic. Maybe worse than the one he threw to Mosely.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: The O-line was not great but you cannot pin this loss on them. Andy Dalton had possibly the worst game I have ever seen and this coaching staff has lost whatever semblance of a real NFL staff they ever had.This is the worst effort I have seen since 02

The entire offense was pathetic, and there's plenty of blame to go around, but Andy was horrid today.  You simply can't turn the ball over 5 times.  They actually did a good job establishing the run early, but especially early in the year, if they get down on the scoreboard and our opposition can just pin their ears back, the OL is going to struggle.  However, just like last year, when they had time to throw, either by good pass blocking or the scramble drill, nobody was getting open.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I didn't expect the Bengals to be good this year, but by no means did I ever think that they would be THAT bad. The OL was about as terrible as I expected, though.

Yeah, but when your o line completely breaks down, the defense can attack you at will. Most of Andy's  turnovers were caused by this. (Not including the one he threw in double coverage in the end zone) All the tips and the fumbles were and the fact he was rushing his throws all game. When Andy feels comfortable in the pocket he is a pro bowl qb, when he is getting sacked 5 times a game he is horrible.  The correlation here is no coincidence or even unpredictable. 

I will say the run blocking seems to have improved. We have 2.5 Good rbs, maybe we just run the ball 40 time a game lol
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I didn't expect the Bengals to be good this year, but by no means did I ever think that they would be THAT bad. The OL was about as terrible as I expected, though.

^This^

Didn't ever think Dalton would top the Cleveland game of couple years ago either, but he did !
Reply/Quote
I expected a W. A squeaker, maybe an ugly 15-13 game, but still a W. This was a joke. You're hosting a division opponent. Have some pride, ffs.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I expected a W. A squeaker, maybe an ugly 15-13 game, but still a W. This was a joke. You're hosting a division opponent. Have some pride, ffs.

I was thinking the same thing. After watching that disaster, I have zero faith that this team will win 6 games. I know those who see things through orange colored glasses, will tell me to take a hike, call me a bandwagon fan, etc. We're probably starting the year 0-3. I fully expect JJ Watt to live in the Bengals' backfield Thursday night and Dalton might look even worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Seriously...we're expecting a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years while 23 of the other NFL franchise have been to the Super Bowl over that span...to field a competitive team and win a playoff game?
Reply/Quote
20+ years with Alexander as o line coach and seeing how he doesn't coach up players.... no surprise here we had history to tell us this line would be a turd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: The O-line was not great but you cannot pin this loss on them. Andy Dalton had possibly the worst game I have ever seen and this coaching staff has lost whatever semblance of a real NFL staff they ever had.This is the worst effort I have seen since 02

I WAS optimistic... but... I agree. 

I do not think we have a no talent trainwreck.. but......we got SHUTOUT at HOME...... so?

I HAD some confidence in the coaching here.. and NOW? Not so much. I need to see SOME spark...sign of life.  I DOUBT that our  TALENT was all vastly over-rated.   Guys drafted rd 1-2 or even 3 had SOME credentials.

I remember Bill Walsh turning   his talent into STARS.   He had rd 3-4 or later guy who quickly were solid starters...or STARS.
We can't expect that.. but....... Cry Cry Bang Head.. but we just had a game where our several rd 1 guys.......did ZERO.
Reply/Quote

This. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
First of all, I had this as one of the 8 wins, so .500 is probably a reach!

Secondly, it makes no difference who they draft or who coaches as long as MB has the last say.

I will focus on the Eagles, my wife's and son's team.

Even though the Patriots lost at home, they will adjust and come back strong.

I still hold the prediction that the media darlings will play in the AFC Championship and Pats will win that, and SB, to tie the Steelers with 6 titles! 
Reply/Quote

This x2
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I expected better.
Reply/Quote

How does a bad line get better by losing its 2 best players?

We start 4 guys that would be backups on most teams.
Reply/Quote