Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to break out that no one is talking about?
Willis Evans
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 04:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What is this based on?

Here's a quote from Kat Terrell back in May...
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/30001/eight-hours-inside-rookie-camp-with-new-defensive-coordinator-teryl-austin

Sure, there may not have been a ton of buzz around Willis this TC, but that doesn't mean he's getting left behind...unless you have some quote since TC started that explicitly states that.

It is for this reason actually that I think Willis is the definition of someone who could break out but no one is talking about.

I think to the coaches Hubbard is the more "sexy" player. I hope I'm wrong about Willis.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I started to think about how certain guys like Boyd were kind of forgotten (dog house?) last year, but look to be generating a lot of buzz this year.  But what of the guys not getting a lot of mentions?  

The guy that I could see not only getting the opportunity, but having a pretty solid season is CJ Uzomah.  

He was not used as a traditional TE in the wacky Auburn offense, but his athleticism gave the Bengals interest in the fifth round.  He has flashed a very little bit in very limited action, but I think with Eifert being eased in to the season and Kroft already proving himself last year that CJ might be a guy that is a solid contributor this season.  In year three, he should have more of the nuances figured out and you can't deny his size, strength, and speed.  

Here is to hoping he surprises and is a solid contributor.  

Who do you have?
There are many Bengals who need to break out if this team is going to go play-offs and make a Super Bowl run.  I look at all the 1st and 2nd round picks that haven't did jack shot yet.  If the top picks in secondary of Kirkpatrick, Dennard, WG3 all become Pro Bowl types. If Ross breaks out. If Mixon breaks out. If Gio bounces back from injuries and breaks out.  If Ogbuehi and Fisher break out.  

I consider later round picks as nice surprises. It's the top draft picks we took when many other good players on the board that need to break out because Dalton, AJ Green, Atkins, Dunlap could use some help. 

If Top picks Dennard, WG3, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Ross, Mixon, all turn out to be worth the top picks, the Bengals would be a great team indeed. Especially if top picks Bernard and Eifert return from injuries and contribute. 

So I'm hoping Super Bowl, so I'm hoping many Bengals Break Out that nobody is talking about.  If Ogbuehi becomes Pro Bowl at Right Tackle, certainly nobody is talking about that, yet he was another player Bengals drafted injured knowing he would be injured first year and then like a 2nd year rookie.  Last year WG3 to me finally off injured list was a rookie. To me Ross injured all first year is still a rookie. If they all Break Out, it's WHO DEY Time. 

Go Bengals
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 06:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think to the coaches Hubbard is the more "sexy" player. I hope I'm wrong about Willis.  

Why do you think the coaches consider Hubbard the more "sexy" player? I hope it's not just because of the hype coming from TC because we've seen TC "all-stars" like Armon Binns gets tons of praise in TC only to do practically nothing in real games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 10:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There is a 25 year old LB with over 500 NFL career tackles who led the league in tackles last year who actually plays for the Bengals.

Remember how we play in the AFC North?

There is a good chance that LB who led the league in tackles last year leads the Bengals in tackles this year.

Lot of talk even in this thread about Evans and Malik.

Preston was our big FA signing. And even though he is only 25 for some reason a bunch of other young guys are getting the hype.

Believe it is because most already believe he is the real deal and are focusing on the youngsters who are unproven that may emerge to help us get over the hump. 

Yet he was the first one I mentioned.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 07:39 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the writing is on the wall regarding Willis.  Sorry to say, but I think he really needs to bring it or he will be like Hunt and under used and forgotten.  

Do not see him as the next Hunt and believe he is already much better than the beastonian. 

Tabbed him the Beastonian the first season but can no longer use a capital B when referencing. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Owens
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go with Andy Dalton...
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Glasgow??? He's looking pretty decent....
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 08:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Glasgow??? He's looking pretty decent....

That’s a good one. He’s kind of been lost in the background with Billings, Hubbard, and Willis getting most of the attention.

Reply/Quote
K Russel are 4th CB, Im predicting 4 ints for him for the year
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
don't know if you consider it breaking out but I look for Dennard to have a big year
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 08:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a good one. He’s kind of been lost in the background with Billings, Hubbard, and Willis getting most of the attention.

actually, I think j Tapuo  makes the cut at DT. He was getting good minutes and doing well.  tapuo is 350 lb...so.. 20# bigger than Peko. Blockers bounced off him.   the guy is a brick wall. Great in short yard/goal-line.

M Walton?  He's failed to do squat.  Carson, hill and Flowers DID good stuff.  Flowers.....who'd played QB in college.....could be a good 'emergency" QB, a #3 or #4 RB, and do Spec Team stuff.
Reply/Quote