Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who is the guy we are building the defense around for the next cycle?
Over the past two off seasons we have lost 2 out of our 3 best defensive players in Bates and Reader. With Hendrickson being the only one of the big three left. Still he will be 30 years old in December and his contract will be up in 2026!

So I ask you members of the board who do you think is the guy that Duke, Lou, and Zac are building the defense around for the next 5 seasons.

The guy I think they are building around is being considered a bust by some posters. I think it's Dax Hill!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Over the past two off seasons we have lost 2 out of our 3 best defensive players in Bates and Reader. With Hendrickson being the only one of the big three left. Still he will be 30 years old in December and his contract will be up in 2026!

So I ask you members of the board who do you think is the guy that Duke, Lou, and Zac are building the defense around for the next 5 seasons.

The guy I think they are building around is being considered a bust by some posters. I think it's Dax Hill!

No idea but it's been years and years since Cinci. had that dominant defender that could line up anywhere that an opponent really had to scheme against. I know those guys don't grow on trees but wish we had one.
Reply/Quote
I’d imagine they have high hopes for Murphy. CTB is a fixture at corner as is Wilson at LB.
I’m sure they planned on it being Dax Hill but he was just replaced in FA. He will get better but doubt he’s ever good enough to count on as a foundational piece. Hopefully he can be the successor to Hilton if he can show good blitz timing and tackling.
Reply/Quote
Jordan Battle. Lou's already talked about giving him the Green Dot and he was the highest rated Rookie Sfety last year.

Also, seems to already be one of the more vocal players in the lockerroom.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd say Battle or CTB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Byron Murphy
Reply/Quote
Yet TBD, wait til this draft is over
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jordan Battle. Lou's already talked about giving him the Green Dot and he was the highest rated Rookie Sfety last year.

Hey that reminds me. I need rfaulk or Holic to update my sig.

Reply/Quote
I think it remains to be seen.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jordan Battle. Lou's already talked about giving him the Green Dot and he was the highest rated Rookie Sfety last year.

I'd be shocked if Bell and Stone are not the starting safeties.
You think Bell would ride the bench in favor of Battle?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey that reminds me. I need rfaulk or Holic to update my sig.

Man Holic deleted my signature to add this supporter button was supposed to make me a replacement and never did Sad
Reply/Quote
Not quite the answer the OP is looking for but it would be nice if Myles Murphy is able to push Hubbard out of his spot. It would really suck to see the last two first round picks getting less than 50% snap shares.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd be shocked if Bell and Stone are not the starting safeties.

Hard to say. Lou mentioned talk of Battle going to FS. I could easily see a rotation between the 3 Stone, Battle, Bell. Battle/Bell on running down. Stone/Battle on passing downs.

I can also see us playing 3 safeties with Stone more in the nickel role. We transition Hill more to a CB rotation. 

I hate to move a second-year safety who scored over an 82 in PFF relegated to the bench. 

Reply/Quote
This is a great question and one I had a while ago. We really don’t have that impact player behind Hendrickson. Maybe it is stone? I would have thought it was Wilson, but last year was brutal. Hopefully just an injury they slowed him down.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:15 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Man Holic deleted my signature to add this supporter button was supposed to make me a replacement and never did Sad
Holic's the worst

[Image: hero-image.fill.size_1200x900.v1614275836.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd be shocked if Bell and Stone are not the starting safeties.

Bell was signed for vet minimum; so it's not like the Bengals signed him to a massive contract. Bell could start or he could be on PS squad this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Bell was signed for vet minimum; so it's not like the Bengals signed him to a massive contract. Bell could start or he could be on PS squad this year.

He definitely could, but I feel like he wouldn't want to sign so quickly with Bengals if he knew there was a chance of being benched.
He signed REAL quick after being released.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I tend to agree, especially with bring back Von Bell and having him there like they would have a vet QB in the ear of a young player.

Pipe dream-wise, I wouldn't mind it being a player who isn't on the team yet. Thinking T'Vondre Sweat to anchor that middle, like the Ravens did with Sam Adams, or when Ray was vocal enough to get Haloti Ngata drafted to free up the linebackers.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hard to say. Lou mentioned talk of Battle going to FS. 

I missed that.  Why did we sign Stone?

Going into 2023 season we had one of, if not the, fastest secondaries.  In 2024, if Stone, Battle, and Bell play a lot, we will have the slowest. 

Reply/Quote