Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the heir to DC?
Lou has gotten a lot of praise lately and will most likely be interviewing for head coaching jobs after the season. Arizona almost plucked him away last off-season (and probably should have).

So, who is the heir to Lou? The team values continuity...is the replacement already on the staff somewhere?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I see a bit of talk about Bettcher possibly replacing him.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah if not from outside (which I don't think it will be, for continunity's sake), it will be Bettcher, not a doubt in my mind.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Lou isn’t getting a HC job. I like him, he’s been a good coach. But everyone wants offensive minded coaches now days.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 03:32 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Lou isn’t getting a HC job.  I like him, he’s been a good coach.  But everyone wants offensive minded coaches now days.

The NFL is cyclical. This season is showing how important the defensive side of the ball actually is. I really think we are in a transition on teams putting an emphasis on defense and running the ball. 
Reply/Quote
Don't be shocked if during the season they announce an extension for Lou.
Reply/Quote
Robert Livingston
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Since Lou is the mastermind of this defense, I dont know if you can just elevate an assistant to DC for a defensive scheme they didnt create. Now of course they could take this scheme, adapt it to their own and have success but you just never know.
Reply/Quote
If the choice was Arizona or Carolina i imagine Lou would stay here.

Those just aren’t good jobs now.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 03:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: Don't be shocked if during the season they announce an extension for Lou.

Doesnt mean he wont leave if given a HC gig. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 04:10 PM)Housh Wrote: If the choice was Arizona or Carolina i imagine Lou would stay here.

Those just aren’t good jobs now.

You have to strike while the iron is hot. Lou leaves for a hc gig and big pay upgrade if the opportunity is available. Even if it’s a dumpster fire like chicago

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
To answer the question I’d take anyone who’s had prior success.

This team is loaded on defense.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 04:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Doesnt mean he wont leave if given a HC gig. 

Almost any NFL assistant coach/coordinator would leave for a head coaching job no matter what the team.   There just arent that many opportunities especially for someone a little older like Lou who has never been an NFL head coach.   As big a mess as Arizona is, Lou would have left if he had been offered.
Reply/Quote
Bettcher struggled as DC for Arizona. I think he'll go with Lou and be his DC.

My vote would be Livingston. He knows everyone's system from Marvin's - Zimmer's - Lou's and should be ready to take over. Safety and secondary play has long been strong under his tutelage.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 04:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bettcher struggled as DC for Arizona. I think he'll go with Lou and be his DC.

My vote would be Livingston. He knows everyone's system from Marvin's - Zimmer's - Lou's and should be ready to take over. Safety and secondary play has long been strong under his tutelage.

I dont know about safety and secondary play.  How many times have we seen guys wide open running all over the field?  Even yesterday as bad a Purdy played he still threw for 365 yards
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 04:28 PM)Housh Wrote: To answer the question I’d take anyone who’s had prior success.

This team is loaded on defense.

x2
Reply/Quote
Offensive minded coaches make better HC compared to defense coaches. Look at Buffalo. All this talk about Lou getting a head coaching job is Tony Romo's fantasy. I think Dan Pitcher is the guy that will get plucked after this season, not Lou, Not Callahan. And that worries me a bit. Dan is the main dude that makes the offense go.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Can't say who would replace Lou if, God forbid, he left to be a HC after the season. But, I do know that we would not have to rely on our 6th choice to replace him. First person we offer the job to will probably take it. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think Lou is more desirable as a HC today than at the end of last year. But it’s a long season. It’s not January. But I think his age and being a DC is working against him. But if they go to the Super Bowl he’s gone. What they’ve done here with a third straight banner year will get him a job. I’d say it’s 50/50 with Bettcher next as DC
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 05:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont know about safety and secondary play.  How many times have we seen guys wide open running all over the field?  Even yesterday as bad a Purdy played he still threw for 365 yards

80 yards of that was in garbage time... embarrassing that 49ers didn't just take a knee down 2 TD's with 45 seconds left.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote