Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your #1 FA?
(03-14-2021, 10:30 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Will Steelers guard Matt Feiler continue to be the teams best lineman? - Behind the Steel Curtain
This is a terrible take. He is a good offensive lineman and he is only 29 years old. He is actually a better RT than a LG but he can play both well. That article by his own team's website says it all. My point is if they can sign him for around 3/21M then he can be penciled in for RT and if they want Sewell and he is there at 5 then great. Feiler can play LG. 

The Bengals need 5 competent offensive lineman. He would certainly qualify. 

Though Thuney has been my #1 but we may not get a crack at him, Feller makes a ton of sense.  I fear though that the lack of top grade tackles will get these B or C grade tackles overpaid.  Feller would make total sense as a starting long term RT that can kick to guard if we get lucky with Sewell.

Someone mentioned Trey Hendrickson earlier.  Because of Lawson's injury history, even if Hendrickson had a career contract year I'd consider him or Dupree as the #1 priority.  Get the healthy young DE to build with and focus on getting two starting OL after that.  As horrible as the OL is, there are more options beyond your #1 guy there and you can't go into the draft needing a stud DE with the terrible current DL.  
Reply/Quote
I think we're going to be surprised how much Thuney ends up getting. With so few "high-end" OL guys available, I could see it being a few million more than the $14M per that a lot have been speculating.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 10:41 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Shaq Barrett is mine. Followed by Thuney. We have a better shot at Thuney obviously.

Barrett is staying in Tampa

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 08:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: ....annnnnd he signed with the Ravens.

Based on their history with offensive linemen, I guess he wasn't a bad choice.  I heard that the Bengals didn't want to offer a third year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote