Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Favorite Prospect Fit (non-first round)
Who is your favorite day 2 or 3 scheme/position fit? I won't take any of the obvious choices and pick a surprise fit.

Florida State's Jaheim Bell is a surprisingly great fit for the Bengals spread offense. Bell doesn't have a "traditional" position but can be used in a variety of different ways. In '21, '22, and '23 the Bengals relied heavily on a pass protection back first with Perine and then with Drew Sample. Bell filled that role for South Carolina then FSU even getting 70ish RB carries from South Carolina in 2022. Bell can also motion out to WR to either create matchups or block DBs in space. As for pure TE reps he's probabaly never going to be the TE in 11 personnel and he won't be great drive blocking from any position against Edges or SAMs but decent using his athleticism as a wrap around blocker or screen blocker.

I have Jaheim Bell as a mid day 3 prospect because a team will have find a role for him. He is a much better receiver and surprisingly pass blocker at this point in his career and doesn't have a ton of upside as a run blocker so he peobabaly won't be a major priority for run heavy teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll go with T'Vondre Sweat the big NT out of Texas in the 2nd round. With DJ Reader being injured, as well as his contract expired, his future as a Bengal is really in doubt. Sweat can command a double team, clogging rushing lanes allowing our LBs to make their plays. Same in the passing game, he will command a double team and should allow his other teammates on the front four to have an easier time rushing the passer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
A kid I really like is Florida C Kingsley Equakun. He's got the prerequisite arm length you want out of a C. He has experience with both zone(what we like to try to run) and gap(what we wind up falling back to when zone fails). He's great at climbing to the second level and getting blocks in the run game and has good awareness for stunts and delayed rushers in pass pro. He's got some technique issues and can stand to add play strength, but that's pretty much every Day 3 OL prospect. Kid's a tough nosed battler in the trenches that just doesn't give up, even when beaten initially. He hasn't allowed a sack in 901 pass pro reps.
Reply/Quote
Mike Sanristil out of Michigan. Kid is a fearless hitter and i see him as a replacement for Hilton when his contract is up next year.
Reply/Quote
Braden Fiske's combine performance got me excited.
Reply/Quote
Cade stover as a shock to nobody…. Dude is a 2 time captain. At Ohio state, played lber and de, and is still learning the position. But dude is a baller who breaks tackles with ease and his ability to high and low point balls is almost unrivaled in this class. He’s such a goo fit for what we want to do and would be plug and play here. He’s also a very god blocker. But since he’s osu and I’m called bias I’ll add one more.

Graham Barton. I don’t understand why he’s not getting mid first round buzz, but it makes no sense to me. He can play all 5 spots in the oline, would mainly play center for us, was the only olineman in 2022 to be given a run and pass block grade of 85+. He is the most underrated olineman in this class even with a high second round projection. He’d be a plug and play at whatever position, and then can provide high quality play at all 5 spots
Reply/Quote
Calen Bullock FS out of USC
He is the perfect single High safety for us long term!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 01:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll go with T'Vondre Sweat the big NT out of Texas in the 2nd round.  With DJ Reader being injured, as well as his contract expired, his future as a Bengal is really in doubt.  Sweat can command a double team, clogging rushing lanes allowing our LBs to make their plays.  Same in the passing game, he will command a double team and should allow his other teammates on the front four to have an easier time rushing the passer.

Sweat is gonna be on alot of boards mid second round. A great A gap defender on 1st down in cover 2 is a massive win.

(03-07-2024, 01:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: A kid I really like is Florida C Kingsley Equakun.  He's got the prerequisite arm length you want out of a C.  He has experience with both zone(what we like to try to run) and gap(what we wind up falling back to when zone fails).  He's great at climbing to the second level and getting blocks in the run game and has good awareness for stunts and delayed rushers in pass pro.  He's got some technique issues and can stand to add play strength, but that's pretty much every Day 3 OL prospect.  Kid's a tough nosed battler in the trenches that just doesn't give up, even when beaten initially.  He hasn't allowed a sack in 901 pass pro reps.

Honestly I was more impressed with the Gators RG big #54 with a name I can't remember how to spell. I think he transferred into the Big10 somewhere.

(03-07-2024, 02:31 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Mike Sanristil out of Michigan. Kid is a fearless hitter and i see him as a replacement for Hilton when his contract is up next year.

Probabaly the smartest DB in rhe draft class. He was the leader of that Michigan secondary getting everyone lined up and shouting passing concepts he expected from the formations. You can tell he probably lives in thr film room.

(03-07-2024, 02:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Braden Fiske's combine performance got me excited.

Absolutely crazy draft season for Fiske. I just wish 50% of his negative play production wasn't in 1 game this year lol.

(03-07-2024, 02:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Cade stover as a shock to nobody…. Dude is a 2 time captain. At Ohio state, played lber and de, and is still learning the position. But dude is a baller who breaks tackles with ease and his ability to high and low point balls is almost unrivaled in this class. He’s such a goo fit for what we want to do and would be plug and play here. He’s also a very god blocker. But since he’s osu and I’m called bias I’ll add one more.

Graham Barton. I don’t understand why he’s not getting mid first round buzz, but it makes no sense to me. He can play all 5 spots in the oline, would mainly play center for us, was the only olineman in 2022 to be given a run and pass block grade of 85+. He is the most underrated olineman in this class even with a high second round projection. He’d be a plug and play at whatever position, and then can provide high quality play at all 5 spots

My comp and ceiling for Cade Stover is Tyler Conklin. Stover will be at his best in a run heavy scheme that allows him to block/chip release in play action. He isn't going to get you alot of yards after contact but will fight through tackles for a first down. A little stiff in the angles and hips can limit his route tree

(03-07-2024, 02:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Calen Bullock FS out of USC
He is the perfect single High safety for us long term!

I don't know how you can watch that USC defense. I had to rewind the all-22 several times just trying to figure out thr coverages because the USC secondary was always half out of position. Calen Bullock probabaly takes the worst angles of any DB in this class. That's hard to coach too need to be full speed. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Kiran Amegadjie

Great pass blocker, + (but not amazing) run blocker, him not being at the Combine will hurt him (and potentially his pro day: can't find whether or not he will work out), but he saw improvement each year, his purported weaknessess are coachable and he looks like an OT of the future (and that's why he wouldn't go in the 1st).

We've had success with Ivy Leaguers throughout the existence of the Bengals, so I'm not scared off by the lesser competition either.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Ben Sinnott, TE Kansas St

Dude has the blocking chops, receiving chops, size, versatility, and mentality to be a great fit in the offense the Bengals want to run.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 01:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Florida State's Jaheim Bell 
SunsetBengal Wrote: T'Vondre Sweat
(03-07-2024, 02:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Calen Bullock FS out of USC

Coupled dreaded picks here.  I'll stick with the theme and select Tyrone Tracy Jr. He may have moved himself into RD 3 in the combine, but I'd dig him in RD 4. I feel he can be what they try to make Chase be with the screens, reverses, and swing passes. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 10:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Kiran Amegadjie

Great pass blocker, + (but not amazing) run blocker, him not being at the Combine will hurt him (and potentially his pro day: can't find whether or not he will work out), but he saw improvement each year, his purported weaknessess are coachable and he looks like an OT of the future (and that's why he wouldn't go in the 1st).

We've had success with Ivy Leaguers throughout the existence of the Bengals, so I'm not scared off by the lesser competition either.

He's one of my Favorites to.
I also like Kris Jenkins.
Reply/Quote
I was going to come in here and say Sinnott but Ochocincos beat me to it so I will go with somebody no one has mentioned yet
(in this thread) in Brock Bowers. Ninja

But seriously, Brock is the best YAC TE I have ever seen, he blocks fantastic on the edge which fits what we want in our TE's and
Receivers on screens and such, he has great hands and is crazy fast in pads. Thanks for the thoughts on Bell, sounds like a swiss
army type of player that might fit in our Offense.

Sanristil sure is a good one alright, I watched this guy for years and fits big time with our other Wolverine guys in the Secondary.

Like Synric said, Sanristil is extremely smart and ran that secondary. Would fit right in and is a damn good tackler.

Kimani Vidal RB Troy is my guy late in the Draft for us. Good pass blocker, pass catcher, has good vision and burst, hard to tackle.
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna go with WR Ricky Pearsall. After his senior bowl and the combine i think he'll go in the 2/3 range. He can play inside and outside at a high level and has some of the best hands in the draft. He runs great routes and knows how to get open and makes tough catches. Reminds me a little of Cooper Kupp only a little faster.
Reply/Quote
Evan Anderson 6'3" 356lb NG/NT FAU: Late day 3 prospect who graded over 90 against the run.  Has short area quickness but really needs to spend a year in development to see what he can become.
Also Khyree Jackson/Can Hart CBs: Grabby mid round 3 guys tall, long arms, both run 4.5 with 1.57 first 10. IMO have the phycicality to play in the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 08:41 AM)Synric Wrote: Sweat is gonna be on alot of boards mid second round. A great A gap defender on 1st down in cover 2 is a massive win.

Honestly I was more impressed with the Gators RG big #54 with a name I can't remember how to spell. I think he transferred into the Big10 somewhere.

Probabaly the smartest DB in rhe draft class. He was the leader of that Michigan secondary getting everyone lined up and shouting passing concepts he expected from the formations. You can tell he probably lives in thr film room.

Absolutely crazy draft season for Fiske. I just wish 50% of his negative play production wasn't in 1 game this year lol.

My comp and ceiling for Cade Stover is Tyler Conklin. Stover will be at his best in a run heavy scheme that allows him to block/chip release in play action. He isn't going to get you alot of yards after contact but will fight through tackles for a first down. A little stiff in the angles and hips can limit his route tree

I don't know how you can watch that USC defense. I had to rewind the all-22 several times just trying to figure out thr coverages because the USC secondary was always half out of position. Calen Bullock probabaly takes the worst angles of any DB in this class. That's hard to coach too need to be full speed. 

See I disagree there… I think he’s gonna be a good yards after contact player. Hayden hurst with Cincy but better.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 06:22 PM)puddycat Wrote: Evan Anderson 6'3" 356lb NG/NT FAU: Late day 3 prospect who graded over 90 against the run.  Has short area quickness but really needs to spend a year in development to see what he can become.

Cool, never heard of this guy before, sounds like a monster NT in case we don't get Sweat or another NT earlier.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, never heard of this guy before, sounds like a monster NT in case we don't get Sweat or another NT earlier.

Always good to turn over the stock on the practice squad, as well.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Always good to turn over the stock on the practice squad, as well.

Yep, I actually really like the 3-tech we have on the PS in Maxwell, maybe this year he can stay healthy in camp and show something.

His college pressures and sack numbers were insane even if they were just at Chattanooga.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 07:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, I actually really like the 3-tech we have on the PS in Maxwell, maybe this year he can stay healthy in camp and show something.

His college pressures and sack numbers were insane even if they were just at Chattanooga.

Pretty sure the late round guy that we're talking about is pure NT material.  6'3" 343#, so that would give us one of each spot on the PS.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote