Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is "your guy"?
(04-20-2020, 12:08 PM)bengals67 Wrote: It has to be a linebacker or offensive lineman at 2.

If they draft a linebacker they really need to sign Jason Peters to a one year contract or work out a deal for someone like Thuney.

I don't want Burrow to have his career wrecked in his first year like David Carr.

I love what they did in free agency on defense but our offensive line is still awful.  I don't buy the argument that stats show that Hart is good and our guards are not good.

Can't agree with this at all.  What if there's a run on tackles and the best one left on the board is the 7th rated tackle.  If Queen, Murray and Baun are gone at #33 are you still going to go OT or LB?
Reply/Quote
I don't really have a guy (other than Burrow), but I'd be pretty pumped if they were able to trade down a few spots in the 2nd and still get Isaiah Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 12:08 PM)bengals67 Wrote: It has to be a linebacker or offensive lineman at 2.

If they draft a linebacker they really need to sign Jason Peters to a one year contract or work out a deal for someone like Thuney.

I don't want Burrow to have his career wrecked in his first year like David Carr.

I love what they did in free agency on defense but our offensive line is still awful.  I don't buy the argument that stats show that Hart is good and our guards are not good.

Williams is a massive upgrade over what started and plodded along at LT a year ago.
Michael Jordan at the end of the year looked like a different player than the rookie that started...scheme change helped, too.
Hopkins is an upper tier center
We don't know much about XSF, but the Bengals liked what they saw in his limited action and he did it against what they considered to be top competition
Bobby Hart is far from great, but he IS ascending.  Doesn't mean he is good.  It means he has improved year over year.  He is STILL just 25.  Perhaps more than Hart, we should be excited about Johnson who came in and did really well at LT.  He will compete with Hart and could push him out of a job if he isn't getting it done.

I am not trying to say they are the best line in the league, but they are nowhere near what the Texans had that destroyed Carr.  And Burrow is VERY mobile.  It is kind of funny how many offensive lines are probably ranked better than they are (at least in terms of sacks) because they have an elusive QB.

This team is dead in the water if AJ Green goes down again.  They need to draft his potential replacement and a guy like Mims or Claypool in Rd 2 could do that.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Williams is a massive upgrade over what started and plodded along at LT a year ago.
Michael Jordan at the end of the year looked like a different player than the rookie that started...scheme change helped, too.
Hopkins is an upper tier center
We don't know much about XSF, but the Bengals liked what they saw in his limited action and he did it against what they considered to be top competition
Bobby Hart is far from great, but he IS ascending.  Doesn't mean he is good.  It means he has improved year over year.  He is STILL just 25.  Perhaps more than Hart, we should be excited about Johnson who came in and did really well at LT.  He will compete with Hart and could push him out of a job if he isn't getting it done.

I am not trying to say they are the best line in the league, but they are nowhere near what the Texans had that destroyed Carr.  And Burrow is VERY mobile.  It is kind of funny how many offensive lines are probably ranked better than they are (at least in terms of sacks) because they have an elusive QB.

This team is dead in the water if AJ Green goes down again.  They need to draft his potential replacement and a guy like Mims or Claypool in Rd 2 could do that.  

Agree 100% in regards to being dead in the water if Aj goes down. Which is why I get frustrated seeing people mock guys like Reagor Jefferson shenault etc. those are not replacements for Aj. They are not number 1 wide receivers. They are number twos slot and gadget type players which imo is a wasted pick. Why at all if ur gonna draft a wide receiver would u donit and not resolve your soon to be injury prone 32 year old receiver. If they do decide to go wide receiver in the second which I hope they don’t but f they do imo they should only go Either Mims, Higgins, or Claypool.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:33 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Agree 100% in regards to being dead in the water if Aj goes down.  Which is why I get frustrated seeing people mock guys like Reagor Jefferson shenault etc.  those are not replacements for Aj.  They are not number 1 wide receivers.  They are number twos slot and gadget type players which imo is a wasted pick.  Why at all if ur gonna draft a wide receiver would u donit and not resolve your soon to be injury prone 32 year old receiver.  If they do decide to go wide receiver in the second which I hope they don’t but f they do imo they should only go Either Mims, Higgins, or Claypool.

Completely agree.  Can't have a WR that is a complement, but a true potential #1.  If we didn't have Boyd, I would think Jefferson would be a great complement to AJ, like TJ was to Chad, but without Green's presence and ability to do virtually everything it would leave the Bengals short of today's high powered offenses.  

The mere possibility to get a complete WR like Mims, Claypool, or Higgins (who I am not as high on, but he's still pretty good) in the 2nd round is astounding.  Usually a guy that puts on a show like that at the Senior Bowl and burns a 4.3 forty would be a top 10 pick.  
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 11:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Mims were truly "a next AJ Green" type of player, wouldn't you think that he'd be listed as going top 5, or at least top 10 overall?  But, he's not.  The reason why?  AJ Green had an NFL rating of 7.5, while Mims is a 6.33.  Why the disparity in NFL ratings?  Because Mims played in a no-defense conference, and AJ Green was a human highlight reel in the toughest football conference in the Nation, despite running 0.12 seconds slower..

Mims also has the highest drop percentage out of the top ten ranked WR’s.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:33 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Agree 100% in regards to being dead in the water if Aj goes down.  Which is why I get frustrated seeing people mock guys like Reagor Jefferson shenault etc.  those are not replacements for Aj.  They are not number 1 wide receivers.  They are number twos slot and gadget type players which imo is a wasted pick.  Why at all if ur gonna draft a wide receiver would u donit and not resolve your soon to be injury prone 32 year old receiver.  If they do decide to go wide receiver in the second which I hope they don’t but f they do imo they should only go Either Mims, Higgins, or Claypool.

Height doesn't make an X receiver like AJ Green it's the ability to beat press coverage. Laviska Shenault played the X in college the same position Green...The same position as Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham.

I get people are worried about his injury history but Shenault if he stays healthy he is a top end receiver that's why he was being mocked top 20 until the offseason groin surgery.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 12:32 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Mims also has the highest drop percentage out of the top ten ranked WR’s.

Mims also dominated the Senior Bowl week.  
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 12:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Height doesn't make an X receiver like AJ Green it's the ability to beat press coverage. Laviska Shenault played the X in college the same position Green...The same position as Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham.

I get people are worried about his injury history but Shenault if he stays healthy he is a top end receiver that's why he was being mocked top 20 until the offseason groin surgery.

Completely agree, Shenault most definitely could be a #1 in the NFL.

His injury history and his blocking are the concerns with him, it sure as hell isn't talent.

Shenault has talent in spades. He isn't Jefferson who is a Slot Receiver like Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 03:28 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: OK, I've finally landed on "a guy."

Jalen Reagor

I'd be perfectly fine with Baun or Josh Jones or even a few other players.

I'd prefer Reagor for a few reasons. At the top of that list is how much he reminds me of Ja'Marr Chase. He's 2 inches shorter, but the high point of his jump looks to be better than Chase's. He's also quicker, and he looks - to my old eyes anyway- faster, much faster. He's also great on back shoulder throws. He can also return punts and kicks. He's had a good number of returns for TDs at TCU.

So, he's a better version of Ja'Marr Chase, which should help make Burrow feel somewhat more at home maybe.

I also chose a WR because of value. I know that the value of an OT is comparable to that of a WR, but I think there are some pretty decent OTs we can get later. I know this is a deep WR class, but Reagor is one of the top 5 in that class. We've spent alot of money improving the defense. We need to infuse some talent into the offense. If one of the OTs who is supposed to go in the 1st winds up falling to us, I'd probably take that guy over Reagor. But I think that's pretty unlikely. We'll see.

NOTE: Reagor tried bulking up for the combine, adding 11 pounds.That slowed his 40 time to 4:47. He went back to Texas, dropped some of that weight and ran a 4.22 and  4.28. I wouldn't mind having him and Ross on the field at the same time with Boyd and AJ. WTF is a defense going to do? Play 7 cbs?

Nice post Shady, didn't know that about Reagor running that fast after the Combine, wow. Shocked
Reply/Quote
I’ve narrow it down to my ideal round two scenario is a trade back pick up another third or 4th and select jordyn brooks unless Kenneth Murray falls to us then I’d take him. I just want linebacker finally for the love of god taken care of.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 06:34 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: That's the same reason I wouldn't be shocked or even too upset if we took Antonio Winfield Jr. Taking a safety with coverage skill and ball hawking ability might do more to improve our overall defense than reaching for a LB. I still think we should draft at least one LB, but not necessarily at 33, and we have to be careful to address the issues on offense, too. 

Winfield Jr is a player, just think with adding Vonn Bell it is not as big of a need at this time.

(04-20-2020, 02:06 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like Antonio Gibson RB from Memphis.  He is big, fast, and can play WR.   A rare athlete.

Good one, where do you think he might go in the Draft Psych?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:14 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’ve narrow it down to my ideal round two scenario is a trade back pick up another third or 4th and select  jordyn brooks unless Kenneth Murray falls to us then I’d take him.  I just want linebacker finally for the love of god taken care of.

Will still need a Linebacker that can cover, love how Brooks tackles though that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Winfield Jr is a player, just think with adding Vonn Bell it is not as big of a need at this time.

Good one, where do you think he might go in the Draft Psych?

round 4-5
another guy that may fit better is AJ Dillon.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: round 4-5
another guy that may fit better is AJ Dillon.  

Just got Patrick Taylor in the 6th out of Memphis who I really like as well.
Reply/Quote
Count me in as a vote for Pittman. Though OL and TE are more pressing needs. Once you get past Jefferson, Pittman is thebeat WR in the draft, at least right now. He has the highest floor. Great hands. Great size. Best route runner. Good speed. And uses his body well to shield, catches at the apex, and has a large catch radius. Paired with an accurate QB, he could be deadly.

Seriously doubt he is there at 65. And 33 is a tad of a reach. Trade down a few spots, pick Pittman. Especially if the OTs (Jones, Wilson), LBs (Queen, Murray, Baun), and Ruiz are gone. If we want to go WR in round 3, then I favor Claypool. R4 Jefferson. R5 Gibson.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 12:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Height doesn't make an X receiver like AJ Green it's the ability to beat press coverage. Laviska Shenault played the X in college the same position Green...The same position as Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham.

Ever seen guys that try to press Claypool?  They end up a part of the field.  
Reply/Quote
I was against Justin Jefferson at first. But I think he is my guy at 33. He is the one guy I would have to stop and really really think about no matter who else was on the board. Peyton Manning's Marvin Harrison. We are spreading out and our cerebral play making QB is ripping defenses apart.

Oh and Murray, Queen, Baun, PTW, Charlie Heck, Alex Taylor, Dequara, Malik Harrison, Willekes, Okwara, Kmet, Pittman, Higgins, Ben Bartch, Duvernay.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Will still need a Linebacker that can cover, love how Brooks tackles though that is for sure.

If the Bengals get a guy like Wilson in Rd 2, perhaps even sliding a few picks to do so and gaining an additional late 3rd, then get a WR like Claypool at the top of Rd 3, the extra pick in the third round could be William Gay, Jr.  The guy had a pass defense ranking BETTER than Simmons.  Think about that.  And he did it in the SEC. 

Wish the guy hadn't blown up the combine like he did, because teams will have all kinds of BS about honor codes and his suspensions, but when they saw him at the combine, that all went out the window.

Let's recap Willie Gay Jr.'s #NFLCombine:

Result (LB Ranking)
[Image: 2796.png] 40 Yard Dash: 4.46 (2nd)
[Image: 2796.png] Broad Jump: 11'4" (1st)
[Image: 2796.png] Vertical Jump: 39.5" (2nd)
[Image: 2796.png] Bench Press: 21 reps (T-5th)

No. 1 in all four categories among SEC LBs@WillieG___ x #HailState[Image: 1f436.png]

If he was able to last until the 3rd round, I would actually take him before Claypool.  I like him that much and his value there would be outstanding.  He's Odell Thurman, only bigger, stronger, and faster with less of a rap sheet.  We need an axe murderer on defense like that.  

Can you imagine this?

Rd 1- Burrow
Rd 2- Wilson (after trading back 6-8 picks for a late 3rd rounder)
Rd 3- Wille Gay, Jr
Rd 3- Van Jefferson
Rd 4- Damien Lewis

You could literally have four starters in your first 5 picks, with Van Jefferson coming off the bench?  I bet the Jets take him before then, though...his dad is the WR coach there.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard to narrow it down to one dude. I like Dugger and I like Chinn maybe even better if we go Safety/LB.

I think if I had to go with one guy it would be Claypool, dude is big and fast, reminds me of Mike Evans and dare I say
Michael Thomas? Think this guy could be good to great in the future and maybe could replace AJ so this would be my 
guy. As far as mid round Linebackers I like Logan Wilson or Davis-Gaither.

(04-13-2020, 04:42 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: The more I see of Logan Wilson the more I like, I honestly would not be upset if we ended up with ADG or Wilson or hell, both.

Well I know were both pretty damn happy right now. Hilarious
Reply/Quote