Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is "your guy"?
Grant Delpit. And quite honestly, Im not even sure why.

I think we draft another "true" safety. I also think the big reason we didn't do much at the LB spot in free agency is that we will be running a lot of dime/nickel with Von Bell and Shawn Williams in linebacker type roles. I think the leaves a decent hole at safety for a guy that has range and can cover.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 09:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sadly... I like alot of the guys mentioned that we could actually draft.
Sadly my Fav won't de drafted by the Bengals, although I'd be ecstatic if they traded back and got a ton of picks and drafted Hurts in the late Second or start of third. If AD is still on the roster come draft time, just play it like we going with him lol. Lies lies lies. Hahah

I just vomited.  Hurts is TERRIBLE

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 03:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The one player (aside from Joe Burrow) that I've included in every single mock draft I've put out this year, is Michael Pittman Jr.  WR So. Cal.

It's out of my typical character to get locked onto a WR, as I'm typically a trenches guy.  I know that he's not a popular pick among the board regulars, but that doesn't matter to me.  With Pittman, everything that I've read or watched on him points toward him making a smooth transition to the pro game.  At 6'4" 233 and 4.52 speed, strong frame that wins battles for the ball in the air.  Comes from NFL bloodlines, reported that he carries himself with a professional's demeanor.  

Sure, he doesn't have that blazing 4.38 speed of Denzel Mims, but John Ross is already our faster, speed demon.  Pittman's 4.52 isn't slow by any measure, as AJ Green's combine 40 was 4.50, and he's been plenty fast enough for the NFL.  With the WR class being so crowded, the Bengals, along with 31 other teams, will be fighting over defenders in the 2nd round.  I just think that Pittman will be a tremendous value at the top of the 3rd, when in any typical draft class he'd likely go inside the top 40 picks.

He and Van Jefferson seem to be a lot alike besides the height difference. 
Many of the DBs in the SEC said that Jefferson was one of the best WR's they went against. 
Both guys though are very polished, Van runs great routes, and his dad was a WR in the NFL and is a coach for the Jets. 
They also do project him to do damage more from the slot. But, he's played all WR spots and I think you can move him around b/c of how he releases so well against press coverage. 

I do think that Pittman would be a middle 2nd to top of 3rd round pick; but, b/c Jefferson had foot surgery recently, he could be a steal in the 5th round. 
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 09:34 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Mims or Higgins would be great. I know they could replace AJ, but I think they are planning to make AJ retire a bengal

You "know" they could replace AJ Green? That's a freakin' really bold statement there Gdale, just like stating earlier you know they're looking at Pittman in the 3rd round? And they don't like those LBers? 

So, who's your source, Duke Tobin??? 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 07:44 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: You "know" they could replace AJ Green? That's a freakin' really bold statement there Gdale, just like stating earlier you know they're looking at Pittman in the 3rd round? And they don't like those LBers? 

So, who's your source, Duke Tobin??? 

Should have said replace in time, like in a year these players could become the #1. Don’t get your panties in a wad.

And yes, the bengals like Pittman.

Defensively they want players to play multiple positions and would really like Queen or Murray ideally. They may favor Queen a bit more but they really like Murray’s sideline to sideline speed, but he plays a little bit out of control at times.

When you look at guys like Willie gay and Malik Harrison, they haven’t really shown that kind of speed the bengals are looking for. ADG however is one of those guys and I think they like him too.

I mentioned Uche because while He brings more versatility to the defense playing different positions and showing unique looks.

They mention Robertson and Holmes because they should be looking to add another cb because you don’t know if Alexander will be here the following year. They are 2 of the best cbs who are probably going to be available in round 3 or 4.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 12:25 AM)Synric Wrote: Denzel Mims is going round one.

He has tape, production, measurements, and testing... and most importantly for the 2020 draft he was the star of the Senior Bowl when there will be no more interacting with teams.

Also if you are going to compare him do it right. He isn't AJ Green...hes that other guy Julio Jones.

Edit: If the Bengals go WR at #33 I wouldnt hate Laviska Shanault aka Percy Harvin.

No thanks on shenault. Or a Percy Harvin type. Percy I thought was also much faster than shenault. Shenault is almost a 4.6 guy when harvin was clocked at 4.41. Tough to say they are the same when clearly one can do things with his speed that clearly the other cannot, not to mention the almost 40lb difference between the two and almost 4 inches. Also just for gits and shiggles, if they are the same then that doesn’t give us a replacement for Aj in the future or if he goes down. Imo that’s an unnecessary wasted pick. If we go wide receiver at all imo it should only be b/c Mims fell out he first. I think Mims will be the best wide receiver at the next level out of this class.
Reply/Quote
By the OP definition, Kenneth Murray is the guy outside of Burrow that I've watched the most of. I don't know how you pass on him at 33, and I don't see him being there that late. Keep him clean and let Pratt and Murray make plays.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 12:35 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: No thanks on shenault.  Or a Percy Harvin type.  Percy I thought was also much faster than shenault.  Shenault is almost a 4.6 guy when harvin was clocked at 4.41.  Tough to say they are the same when clearly one can do things with his speed that clearly the other cannot, not to mention the almost 40lb difference between the two and almost 4 inches.  Also just for gits and shiggles, if they are the same then that doesn’t give us a replacement for Aj in the future or if he goes down.  Imo that’s an unnecessary wasted pick.  If we go wide receiver at all imo it should only be b/c Mims fell out he first.  I think Mims will be the best wide receiver at the next level out of this class.

Laviska Shenualt was dealing with a groin injury during that run he tried to push through. You could see him pull up at the end and not take a second run or take part in the rest of the combine. He went on to have surgery shortly after. Also he is being comped to Percy Harvin and Sammie Watkins because of what he does with the ball in his hands. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 07:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: I just vomited.  Hurts is TERRIBLE

In what way?
Reply/Quote
OK, I've finally landed on "a guy."

Jalen Reagor

I'd be perfectly fine with Baun or Josh Jones or even a few other players.

I'd prefer Reagor for a few reasons. At the top of that list is how much he reminds me of Ja'Marr Chase. He's 2 inches shorter, but the high point of his jump looks to be better than Chase's. He's also quicker, and he looks - to my old eyes anyway- faster, much faster. He's also great on back shoulder throws. He can also return punts and kicks. He's had a good number of returns for TDs at TCU.

So, he's a better version of Ja'Marr Chase, which should help make Burrow feel somewhat more at home maybe.

I also chose a WR because of value. I know that the value of an OT is comparable to that of a WR, but I think there are some pretty decent OTs we can get later. I know this is a deep WR class, but Reagor is one of the top 5 in that class. We've spent alot of money improving the defense. We need to infuse some talent into the offense. If one of the OTs who is supposed to go in the 1st winds up falling to us, I'd probably take that guy over Reagor. But I think that's pretty unlikely. We'll see.

NOTE: Reagor tried bulking up for the combine, adding 11 pounds.That slowed his 40 time to 4:47. He went back to Texas, dropped some of that weight and ran a 4.22 and 4.28. I wouldn't mind having him and Ross on the field at the same time with Boyd and AJ. WTF is a defense going to do? Play 7 cbs?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 03:28 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: OK, I've finally landed on "a guy."

Jalen Reagor

I'd be perfectly fine with Baun or Josh Jones or even a few other players.

I'd prefer Reagor for a few reasons. At the top of that list is how much he reminds me of Ja'Marr Chase. He's 2 inches shorter, but the high point of his jump looks to be better than Chase's. He's also quicker, and he looks - to my old eyes anyway- faster, much faster. He's also great on back shoulder throws. He can also return punts and kicks. He's had a good number of returns for TDs at TCU.

So, he's a better version of Ja'Marr Chase, which should help make Burrow feel somewhat more at home maybe.

I also chose a WR because of value. I know that the value of an OT is comparable to that of a WR, but I think there are some pretty decent OTs we can get later. I know this is a deep WR class, but Reagor is one of the top 5 in that class. We've spent alot of money improving the defense. We need to infuse some talent into the offense. If one of the OTs who is supposed to go in the 1st winds up falling to us, I'd probably take that guy over Reagor. But I think that's pretty unlikely. We'll see.

NOTE: Reagor tried bulking up for the combine, adding 11 pounds.That slowed his 40 time to 4:47. He went back to Texas, dropped some of that weight and ran a 4.22 and  4.28. I wouldn't mind having him and Ross on the field at the same time with Boyd and AJ. WTF is a defense going to do? Play 7 cbs?

I have been pretty high on Reagor from day 1, but have guys like Sims and even Claypool ahead of him.  Only because they are larger and seem to get off press coverage better.  Reagor does have demon speed, no doubt, and I love that about him.  There were knocks about his production and deep ball tracking but I attribute some of that to poor QB play.  Remember Jeff George?  Had an amazing arm but his deep ball had no arc...it was either dead on or it missed and was not as easy to track.  Not saying the TCU QB is like George, but he surely sucks.  

If they draft Reagor, it would say a lot about their plans for Ross because I see them playing the same position.  I see Mims and Claypool as potential replacements for AJ Green.  I can't believe I am saying this, but at 32 and with his health, I would rather the team make long term plans with Ross over Green.  At this point, Ross is a really low stock.  I am hoping this is the year he really pops.  With better line play and a more mobile, patient QB, Ross could thrive.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have been pretty high on Reagor from day 1, but have guys like Sims and even Claypool ahead of him.  Only because they are larger and seem to get off press coverage better.  Reagor does have demon speed, no doubt, and I love that about him.  There were knocks about his production and deep ball tracking but I attribute some of that to poor QB play.  Remember Jeff George?  Had an amazing arm but his deep ball had no arc...it was either dead on or it missed and was not as easy to track.  Not saying the TCU QB is like George, but he surely sucks.  

If they draft Reagor, it would say a lot about their plans for Ross because I see them playing the same position.  I see Mims and Claypool as potential replacements for AJ Green.  I can't believe I am saying this, but at 32 and with his health, I would rather the team make long term plans with Ross over Green.  At this point, Ross is a really low stock.  I am hoping this is the year he really pops.  With better line play and a more mobile, patient QB, Ross could thrive.  

That's a fair point. I'm not down on Ross per se. I just see Reagor as being the best WR possibly available at 33, based on everything I've read. I wouldn't be mad at Claypool either. THough I think we could trade down for him.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
The one player whose draft I've been eagerly awaiting for at least a couple of years is Jerry Jeudy. I know the Bengals can't have him because they are going to take Burrow and Jeudy will go early. However, now I'm forced to hope he doesn't go to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore. Cleveland at #10 is a possibility, but the others would have to trade up for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 04:08 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The one player whose draft I've been eagerly awaiting for at least a couple of years is Jerry Jeudy.  I know the Bengals can't have him because they are going to take Burrow and Jeudy will go early.  However, now I'm forced to hope he doesn't go to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore.  Cleveland at #10 is a possibility, but the others would have to trade up for him.

Cleveland seems to be way more in need of a LT than another WR.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 04:49 PM)J24 Wrote: Bryce Hall- physical ball Hawking Corner who has all the physical traits one would want in a press CB.

Adding to list
Justin Jefferson WR- perfect fit for this offense + already has a connection to Burrow
Patrick Queen- Ideal WLB
Zach Baun- Pass Rusher + can drop back in coverage. Reminds me of T.J Watt
Isiah Simmons- if Bengals were to pull off Blockbuster Trade( which they won't) he would be my pick at 5. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 02:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Grant Delpit.  And quite honestly, Im not even sure why.

I think we draft another "true" safety.  I also think the big reason we didn't do much at the LB spot in free agency is that we will be running a lot of dime/nickel with Von Bell and Shawn Williams in linebacker type roles.  I think the leaves a decent hole at safety for a guy that has range and can cover.

That's the same reason I wouldn't be shocked or even too upset if we took Antonio Winfield Jr. Taking a safety with coverage skill and ball hawking ability might do more to improve our overall defense than reaching for a LB. I still think we should draft at least one LB, but not necessarily at 33, and we have to be careful to address the issues on offense, too. 
Reply/Quote
I like Antonio Gibson RB from Memphis. He is big, fast, and can play WR. A rare athlete.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 04:25 PM)McC Wrote: Cleveland seems to be way more in need of a LT than another WR.

Maybe but you know how the draft is.  It doesn't always make sense.  Plus OBJ has turned out to be the headcase we all knew he was. 
Reply/Quote
It has to be a linebacker or offensive lineman at 2.

If they draft a linebacker they really need to sign Jason Peters to a one year contract or work out a deal for someone like Thuney.

I don't want Burrow to have his career wrecked in his first year like David Carr.

I love what they did in free agency on defense but our offensive line is still awful.  I don't buy the argument that stats show that Hart is good and our guards are not good.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 12:08 PM)bengals67 Wrote: It has to be a linebacker or offensive lineman at 2.

If they draft a linebacker they really need to sign Jason Peters to a one year contract or work out a deal for someone like Thuney.

I don't want Burrow to have his career wrecked in his first year like David Carr.

I love what they did in free agency on defense but our offensive line is still awful.  I don't buy the argument that stats show that Hart is good and our guards are not good.

If Jonah is as good as advertised I’d say that upgrades the line from awful to mediocre. Between him and Hopkins we’d have 2 spots locked down. If XSF is even halfway decent it could look a world’s different than last year. There’s also the potential Fred Johnson takes Hart’s spot, but that’s a lot of question marks, so I’d say we need at least one more OT and one more OG to complete with those guys and Jordan.

Reply/Quote