Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your player that has low expectations that you feel may surprise?
(08-02-2019, 12:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was thinking of Ross earlier before TC started, then well, he was quick to disappoint. But here's my suprise pick that may gain some flack, but I will say Dre K. He's been a total douchebag, undisciplined player for the last few years who does more flamboyant pleading and arm waving than he does focusing on coverage. Hopefully with the new accountability, he starts earning that enormous check we wrote him. Next in line would be Hart. I can't explain why really, just that the coaching may get his play up to speed and get the best out of him.

o_O

Oo...k, the bias is showing through in spades, Mike; NONE of that is true.

I get he gives up big plays here and there, but he has been solid for us since day 1 and better at times, worse at others.

As for D-bag? The guy does a ton of camps, gives a ton to charity, goes to local schools and stuff and supports the city and teammates to death.

I don't get it...

Anyways, my choice is Hart; hoping he was given a 50th chance for a reason...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
On offense, I will go with Price and Hart

On Defense Ringo and Evans

Bonus Pick - Josh Malone breaks out while Green is out at WR and special teams

But #1 option to break out in 2019, Tyler Eifert stays healthy and back to the pro bowl
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 04:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: o_O

I get he gives up big plays here and there, but he has been solid for us since day 1 and better at times, worse at others.

As for D-bag? The guy does a ton of camps, gives a ton to charity, goes to local schools and stuff and supports the city and teammates to death.

I don't get it...

I agree.Dre's ranking is not starting CB bad, in fact it is above average

I think maybe some judge guys by the round drafted versus actual contribution. To me, once on the team it matters not if round 1 or a free agent. What did they do on and off the field?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate, I think this staff is more open to specialty packages. I think Tate will find a lot of snaps when we get inside the 30, especially while Green is out.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 04:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: o_O

I don't get it...

I'm not accusing the Dog of this, but some people flat out don't like him because he got paid the same year Whitworth and Zeitler split town.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think some people dislike Dre simply because when he does occasionally get beat he doesn't hang his head in shame and go hide out under the bleachers the rest of the game.. AS IF cracking a smile is the worst possible thing any player could ever do when things don't go as planned.. Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 04:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Auden Tate, I think this staff is more open to specialty packages. I think Tate will find a lot of snaps when we get inside the 30, especially while Green is out.

Not if Ross Boyd and Eifert are healthy
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 06:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not if Ross Boyd and Eifert are healthy

Yea, I disagree I think he finds plenty of snaps. That’s why it’s a surprise haha.
Reply/Quote
Cordy Glenn
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I am going with Andrew Billings, If he is healthy. He showed flashes last year during preseason but I think he shows up in regular season games this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 02:07 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Nick Vigil

If he can just be consistent he could be a good LB for us. He is often in the backfield or position to make a tackle for a loss but would get shrugged off by bigger players.  His speed and quickness are what the team needs.
Hopefully another offseason in the weight room has him a little bit stronger to finish the tackles.

(08-02-2019, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cordy Glenn

(08-02-2019, 06:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am going with Andrew Billings, If he is healthy.  He showed flashes last year during preseason but I think he shows up in regular season games this year.

Fellas, what's with picking these known commodities as your "surprise" producers?

Vigil was playing great, and leading the league in TFL, when injury struck him.  I fully expect him to pick up where he left off.

Cordy Glenn gave up just two sacks at LT last year.  I expect more of the same sort of protection from him this year.

Andrew Billings has improved every year that he's been with the team.  I completely expect his his progression to improve linearly, just like he has the past couple years.

In other words, I highly doubt that their positive performances will come as a surprise to many who follow the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 07:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fellas, what's with picking these known commodities as your "surprise" producers?

Vigil was playing great, and leading the league in TFL, when injury struck him.  I fully expect him to pick up where he left off.

Cordy Glenn gave up just two sacks at LT last year.  I expect more of the same sort of protection from him this year.

Andrew Billings has improved every year that he's been with the team.  I completely expect his his progression to improve linearly, just like he has the past couple years.

In other words, I highly doubt that their positive performances will come as a surprise to many who follow the team.
Billings was disappointing last regular season.  He disappeared.  This year he will stand out.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 07:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Billings was disappointing last regular season.  He disappeared.  This year he will stand out.  

I thought I remembered him being mentioned as our most improved player, last season.  He got off to a shaky start, then turned it up as the season went on.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 07:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I thought I remembered him being mentioned as our most improved player, last season.  He got off to a shaky start, then turned it up as the season went on.

He played well as the season went on. He looked like he was going to dominate during the preseason though. He looked like Geno's shadow in the backfield.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 08:36 PM)jason Wrote: He played well as the season went on. He looked like he was going to dominate during the preseason though. He looked like Geno's shadow in the backfield.

My comment stands, Billings will continue to improve this year.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Jake Dolegala I've heard Finley and Driskel both have looked bad might give Jake a chance if he has a good camp
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 07:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Billings was disappointing last regular season.  He disappeared.  This year he will stand out.  

Billings was great last year.

Are we all watching the same team?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Tyler Eifert

Everyone expects him to miss half the season injured but this season he stays healthy and plays all season.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My comment stands, Billings will continue to improve this year.  

I think Billings will dominate this year as he did last preseason.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 10:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Billings will dominate this year as he did last preseason.  

Agreed.  So, who's your "low expectation guy" that will emerge as a positive force for the team this season?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote