Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who most impressed you tonight?
I’ll pick one player from each side of the ball:

On O it was Auden Tate with a couple great catches and a TD in the 2nd half. I think he made the team tonight.

On D it was Jordan Evans. He seemed to be all over the place.

Mostly positive tonight other than Ross falling down resulting in a pick 6, and Barkley looking awful. Hopefully he lost the backup job cause I don’t see him getting any better the next few games.

Who you got?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Auden Tate/Billy Price
Evans/Billings

I didn't hear much out of Billings but from the plays I saw it seemed like he was getting some push or clogging up the middle.
Reply/Quote
AJ, Mixon, Tate

Mixon was fired up behind the bench.
Reply/Quote
To mix it up, I thought Bobby Hart played a good game. After watching OG and Fischer, I understand why Hart is starting. THey blow chunks. Hart looked pretty good. My only concern is with Trey Hopkins and the RG spot in general. No one really stood out, but the 1st quarter is the only one I watched 3 times. Once for fun. Once to watch the Oline. And once to watch the front 6/7. Brown looks like the real deal, as does Evans. Vigil had a good game, too. Our Dline is very good. Hubbard impressed me alot. He had alot of ALMOST plays.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 11:58 PM)Shady Wrote: To mix it up, I thought Bobby Hart played a good game. After watching OG and Fischer, I understand why Hart is starting. THey blow chunks. Hart looked pretty good. My only concern is with Trey Hopkins and the RG spot in general. 

This. Hart looked decent. 
Hopkins looked avg to poor.
Ogbuehi and Fisher looked poor.
Redmond looked avg to poor.

Malone looked great.
Tate looked great. 
Hubbard flashed a couple times.
Lawson was relentless.
Reply/Quote
Cam we cut Barkley and Driskell and sign Tyler Bray as our #2?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:18 AM)Beaker Wrote: Cam we cut Barkley and Driskell and sign Tyler Bray as our #2?

Right? He looked damn good.

Reply/Quote
Our receiving corps, DL depth, RBs, LBs, and top 3 CBs could all arguably be the best in the NFL. So i was impressed with a lot
Reply/Quote
Defense: Geno

Offense: AJ
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just to be different I am going with Jonathan Brown for being the most unkickerish looking kicker that I have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:32 AM)HuDey Wrote: Just to be different I am going with Jonathan Brown for being the most unkickerish looking kicker that I have ever seen.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Ok. I admit it ......I hate kickers.
Reply/Quote
Others worth mentioning: Alex Erikson is a solid football player. He made some big catches tonight.

Davontae Harris looks like he'll make the roster. That PI call was atrocious.

Jesse Bates played like a 2nd Round safety.

Brandon Wilson and T. Henderson also had moments.

Darius Phillips can return kicks and punts, but he damn sure can't cover. Not sure he makes the 53.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Tate and Brown. Both scored their first points and played well. Although be it a preseason game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Ill put in a vote for hart as well. He looked like an nfl tackle. I doubt hopkins will hold on to rg spot. They should give westerman a longer look there. Hope to see him get some reps with the 1st team line at rg. It doesnt look like pollack was able to fix fisher or ogbuehi yet. They both did not look good.
Reply/Quote
So happy for Price!
Evans and Vigil showed up so I feel better about the backers now.

I think Russel had a great showing tonight. Fej looked like a bullet. Brian Williams looked good but I cannot see him making the 53 roster. Brandon Bell looked good on some plays. Special teams were solid. I really Like Brown. I like his story. He has a rocket leg.

I did not see much out of Walton.
I expected more from Glasgow.
The backups in the secondary in general have me worried some.
Barkely needs to be released this week.

I would be all for trading Core and a conditional pick to the Jets for Teddy Bridgewater.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 01:13 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Ill put in a vote for hart as well.  He looked like an nfl tackle.  I doubt hopkins will hold on to rg spot.  They should give westerman a longer look there.  Hope to see him get some reps with the 1st team line at rg.  It doesnt look like pollack was able to fix fisher or ogbuehi yet.  They both did not look good.

I watched OG.  I thought he did well; just not in the running game.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi Fisher n Hopkins still suck. You can’t coach the suck out of them. Don’t care if Lombardi is their coach.
Reply/Quote
Something i liked from Driscol is his ability to improvise. Most QBs, especially backups just fall apart when the play begins to break down, but I'm not sure it was breaking down or if he just bailed and made the throw despite himself .  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 01:22 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ogbuehi Fisher n Hopkins still suck.  You can’t coach the suck out of them.   Don’t care if Lombardi is their coach.

They're just not starting caliber players. They're all little more than career backups and not very good backups at that .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote