Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who on this board has played in the NFL?
(10-18-2019, 01:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ya freakin' goober. He's talking about that stuff that builds up on your teeth when you don't brush them. 

Are you sure? I think you're thinking of the Scottish Gaelic pattern consisting of criss-crossed horizontal and vertical bands in multiple colours.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:05 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Are you sure? I think you're thinking of the Scottish Gaelic pattern consisting of criss-crossed horizontal and vertical bands in multiple colours.  Mellow

No no no no...you're talking about Atlas and Epimetheus and Hyperion and Prometheus and those chaps. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I used to golf with a kicker at Coronado GC in San Diego. The first time I met him in a men's club event, he told he was on the Bengals for a short period of time. This was back in the late 90's and I was pretty much, the punching bag back then, whenever the NFL season started. I wasn't convinced he was telling me the truth, so I checked it out and he was! His name was Jay, I can't remember his last name, but he played Arizona St, I believe. He would bag on MB and how cheap he was. He got cut during tryouts and MB made him pay his way home.....
Back in my mid 20's, I thought of getting out of the Navy and trying to make it as a pro golfer. Then one day, I am working with the head pro at Torrey Pines and hitting my driver and 1 bouncing the ball into the net 290 yds away. Feeling good until the guy behind, Pat Perez, who is a PGA player, is hitting his driver and hitting the net about 3/4 of the way up..... Decided that I liked the Navy...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No no no no...you're talking about Atlas and Epimetheus and Hyperion and Prometheus and those chaps. 

No, I'm pretty sure I'm talking about a member of the combined forces of central Asian peoples, including Mongols and Turks, who under the leadership of Genghis Khan conquered much of Asia and eastern Europe in the early 13th century.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote