Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who's Going to Cover Antonio Brown?
(06-25-2016, 10:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why don't you address any of my other points?

Other people disagreed but they don't have a track record of posting stupid comments just to hate.

Also, as I pointed out, you could put him back on Brown if someone else struggled, even after one series.  You're not the only one who ignored that point.

How do we know that WJIII or Dennard or anyone else isn't having a great preseason and wouldn't do better locking AB down?

His ability to set-up our offense offense with field position or even put points on the board could be a difference in the game that's not matched by the difference between him and someone else on AB.

The bolded line has NO place in this thread. 

Otherwise, I'm DONE with you here.  Your point was NOT popular in this thread, and I'm done with your rude and disrespectful comments.  I responded to your points, and that's still not enough for you.

EDIT:  The "stupid comments" remark is certainly personal.  That's your opinion, and I take offense.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 08:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, why miss the opportunity to watch him pick6?

I agree.  I'd love to see him take a pick to the house as opposed to getting a 20 yard punt return.

Dancing
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 10:49 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: The bolded line has NO place in this thread. 

Otherwise, I'm DONE with you here.  Your point was NOT popular in this thread, and I'm done with your rude and disrespectful comments.  I responded to your points, and that's still not enough for you.

On an unrelated note, if this were my board, you wouldn't be restricted, you' be banned.  Just my opinion.

You do to me worse than what I was suspended for!  

You've done it in this thread!

How does that not have a place when it's pointing out your MO in regards to my posts!

You bash me, I call you out on it, so you try and make me look like the bad guy?!  Please point out some of my rude and disrespectful comments towards you in this thread.  If you'd like, I'll offer you the same favor.

It might not have been a popular point, but IT'S A DISCUSSION BOARD!

How do you keep backtracking and avoiding points?!
Reply/Quote
We need some of you in congress to expand social security because it's pretty obvious that many believe 33 is basically retirement age and if that's going to be the case we really need whoever is going to be president to make regular speeches telling everyone to copulate* as often as possible and start pumping out babies on an industrial scale to take care of all the 33 year old senior citizens..

*Sanitized for your protection..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 11:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You do to me worse than what I was suspended for!  

You've done it in this thread!

How does that not have a place when it's pointing out your MO in regards to my posts!

You bash me, I call you out on it, so you try and make me look like the bad guy?!  Please point out some of my rude and disrespectful comments towards you in this thread.  If you'd like, I'll offer you the same favor.

It might not have been a popular point, but IT'S A DISCUSSION BOARD!

How do you keep backtracking and avoiding points?!
I said I was done with you here.  Bye.
Reply/Quote
Kids, kids, kids. It's a game. No need to start hating each other over your opinions about football..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 11:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: We need some of you in congress to expand social security because it's pretty obvious that many believe 33 is basically retirement age and if that's going to be the case we really need whoever is going to be president to make regular speeches telling everyone to copulate* as often as possible and start pumping out babies on an industrial scale to take care of all the 33 year old senior citizens..

*Sanitized for your protection..

In terms of NFL cornerbacks, 33 is a senior citizen.

Find me a few examples of NFL cornerbacks that have performed at a high level at the age of 33.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 08:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's going to be easier to cover Brown with Bryant suspended for the year, but who do we put on him?

I think Jones has been our best lock-down man corner, but he's getting up there in age and I'd like him strictly on return duties because I think he's a difference-maker there.

I keep saying that Marvin doesn't like playing rookies, but WJIII's specialty is playing press-man and he has the speed to make-up for it if he gets beat because he runs a 4.3 40 yard dash.

I also think that Bryant being suspended leans even more towards WJIII covering Brown because we'll be able to have a safety over the top without having to worry about any serious danger of going deep from the opposite side of the field.

Who do you think covers Brown and how do we play him?

Well since Brown has not been able to do much at all against Jones--Jones.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 11:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In terms of NFL cornerbacks, 33 is a senior citizen.

Find me a few examples of NFL cornerbacks that have performed at a high level at the age of 33.

Switched to SS in 2012, but he was still rather productive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Woodson

(disclaimer: I do not know what you regard as high level)
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 03:36 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Switched to SS in 2012, but he was still rather productive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Woodson

(disclaimer: I do not know what you regard as high level)

Safety, especially strong safety, is much, much, much, much less requiring of athletic ability and is less about being able to move in the open field and make tough plays.

That was also just one example, and not even really an example.
Reply/Quote
Pacman was outta the league for two years and playing sparingly when he initially joined the Bengals. Milage wears down players way more than the number of birthdays they've had. He's got a couple more years in him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 08:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's going to be easier to cover Brown with Bryant suspended for the year, but who do we put on him?

I think Jones has been our best lock-down man corner, but he's getting up there in age and I'd like him strictly on return duties because I think he's a difference-maker there.

I keep saying that Marvin doesn't like playing rookies, but WJIII's specialty is playing press-man and he has the speed to make-up for it if he gets beat because he runs a 4.3 40 yard dash.

I also think that Bryant being suspended leans even more towards WJIII covering Brown because we'll be able to have a safety over the top without having to worry about any serious danger of going deep from the opposite side of the field.

Who do you think covers Brown and how do we play him?

Until Adam shows he is falling off he covers Brown. He did a great job on him last year.

It was Dre that got burnt by him. Plus i doubt WJ3 just jumps over Dennard if he is healthy. I think Dennard has
the best chance to take Dre's spot right now if Dre continues to struggle. Kirkpatrick might actually not be bad in
the Nickel covering the Slot.
Reply/Quote
I think he'll be easier to cover due to both Bryant being suspended and us finally having a LB capable of manning the TE/Middle of the field in Dansby. He will still be a challenge, but I thought we did a pretty good job against him last season.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 09:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Safety, especially strong safety, is much, much, much, much less requiring of athletic ability and is less about being able to move in the open field and make tough plays.

That was also just one example, and not even really an example.

I was alluding to his 2011 year, but we'll write it off as a product of the whole of Green Bay's defense.
You win.
Enjoy your evening.
:)
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 10:16 PM)jason Wrote: Pacman was outta the league for two years and playing sparingly when he initially joined the Bengals.  Milage wears down players way more than the number of birthdays they've had. He's got a couple more years in him.

Yes, but the number of birthdays still does play a role.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 05:27 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wow..so quick to look at Adam Jones date of birth and write him off.. I'm not writing him off one tiny bit and think he's got plenty left in the tank. If anything I think Jones has yet to peak..

Yep.....a lot of folks keep forgetting that Jones missed a substantial amount of time early in his career due to suspension, and is A LOT fresher than most 33 yr old corners.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 01:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yes, but the number of birthdays still does play a role.

You don't give a guy three years and $20 million to immediately relegate him to a special teams role.  Once he starts to decline, then maybe you have that discussion.  Until then he plays corner.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 10:54 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I was alluding to his 2011 year, but we'll write it off as a product of the whole of Green Bay's defense.
You win.
Enjoy your evening.
:)

Nope....not really, you have Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, and that's just off the top of my head, I am sure there are others.  That said, you notice a common theme here?  Returners/DBs.  Who says PacMan can't keep it going?  Hell, he missed two years, these guys never had that luxury.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: Nope....not really, you have Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, and that's just off the top of my head, I am sure there are others.  That said, you notice a common theme here?  Returners/DBs.  Who says PacMan can't keep it going?  Hell, he missed two years, these guys never had that luxury.

Mike Haynes, Champ Bailey, Lester Hayes..........
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2016, 01:06 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Mike Haynes, Champ Bailey, Lester Hayes..........

Terrence Newman, Terrell Buckley, Revis is 30.....

Reply/Quote