Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Our Starting RB Going Forward?
I don't care who starts.  I just want them to both produce...  Which they have.

Hill will start next week.  Marvin was just sending a message yesterday....  A message that needed sending.  Jeremy Hill's ball security is sorely lacking.  I've seen posts that said the first fumble (pretty bad when you have to number them) was a bad call.  There was no whistle.  His forward progress may  have been stopped, but his knee was not  down.

I do realize that it's easy for me to say.  My knee wasn't being wrenched.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hill should always be the primary back, but Gio should get at least 10 balls his way either pass or run.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hill is the better RB, and will continue to be the more traditional style back. I'm glad that Gio was able to prove his value to some of his detractors. Hopefully he continues being used in a way that maximizes his effectiveness.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Both will get their fair share of touches. Never understood why people wanted to give up on Benard.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
As I have said since day 1 Gio is NOT an every down back...plain and simple, case closed

Jeremy Hill is our horse and Gio is a our "change of pace" it wont be any different barring injury

Next question???
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I actually think Gio gets the start against Baltimore, then Marv and Hue unleash the beast.

Either way as long as they stay the House of Gain
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think we must remember is the reason Gio lost the starting job was due to injury. Hill came in and took the bull by the horns. Now Hill gets benched for inability to secure the ball and Gio comes in and takes the bull by the horns.

IMO Gio has earned his starting role back, make Hill take it from him.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:15 PM)Fresno B Wrote: AP and Hill are 2 totally different players. AP is 10 times the back of any RB's the Bengals have ever had. Also, AP is humble so mistakes are took more lightly. Hill is all over social media and celebrates the littlest things sometimes. I remember the first time I saw him get a good run, you would have thought we won the championship the way he was cutting up.

What the hella does that have to do with AP totaling 13 fumbles in his first 2 seasons? A fumbling problem is a problem regardless of the player...
Reply/Quote
One game doesn't change things. Situations will continue to dictate who's lined up as HB.
Reply/Quote
Geez. One tough game and everyone turns on him. I remember last season so many on the boards were thrilled that Gio got injured cuz his ypc was low, and Hill took over and played well. Everyone was saying RB by committee was a horrible idea. I still think Hill should hands down be our main back, 80% of the snaps.  A couple more fumbles and I might change my mind.
Reply/Quote
Hill. The split should be around 60-40, and that way, longevity happens, both in game and in season.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Both will get their fair share of touches. Never understood why people wanted to give up on Benard.

The same reason fans see a backup QB complete 3 passes in a row and then start arguing which QB they should trade, the former starter, or the new starter.  Gotta trade one because you CAN'T have 2 good players!!!!
Reply/Quote
There is no starter, only a committee. Even Burkhead gets his snaps.

If there must be a starter, then Gio and Hill are both the starters  Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Hill will continue to be the bell cow, but I don't think one can ignore what Gio has done this season.

He's 4th in the league in rushing with 186 yards. He has 41 receiving yards; which isn't much, but it puts him over 200 total yards on the season.

Hill and Gio will both get their opportunities, and I expect Hill to play against Baltimore and take out his frustration on that struggling defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 12:24 AM)type_stripe Wrote: What the hella does that have to do with AP totaling 13 fumbles in his first 2 seasons? A fumbling problem is a problem regardless of the player...

Hill is only 6 fumbles behind him, in less time, with half the load.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ay yi yi, remember when Hill was so great that we either wanted to trade Gio or turn him into a slot WR so Hue wouldn't be tempted to DARE use him and take touches away from Hill?

Shit I wanted to post something like this before anyone got to it Sad

It's hilarious how just a few months ago everyone was trying to figure out how we can swing a trade to get rid of the expendable Bernard and that Hill was "easily a top 5 running back". Now, these same people that crowned Hill as a God are asking who is going to be the starting back? WTF.

We're not even sure who should start, but we do have this guy on the team that was supposed to rush for 3,000 yards and cut into every other player on the team's touches! Yikes.
Reply/Quote
Hill will probly still start... Have him wear out the Defense and Gio gash them...

As great as gio was sunday we have also seen him have those games where nothing works for him.

Funny that there is a thread about people overracting about Hill while they are overreacting about Gio.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 10:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Shit I wanted to post something like this before anyone got to it Sad

It's hilarious how just a few months ago everyone was trying to figure out how we can swing a trade to get rid of the expendable Bernard and that Hill was "easily a top 5 running back". Now, these same people that crowned Hill as a God are asking who is going to be the starting back? WTF.

We're not even sure who should start, but we do have this guy on the team that was supposed to rush for 3,000 yards and cut into every other player on the team's touches! Yikes.

I never wanted to trade Gio, and I think I made a few posts about how some great rookie RBs were a lot worse after their rookie year (Alford Morris, Doug Martin, and another one). I still am surprised on how bad Hill looks right now. Its still early in the season though, so a lot can still change.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:15 PM)Fresno B Wrote: AP and Hill are 2 totally different players. AP is 10 times the back of any RB's the Bengals have ever had. Also, AP is humble so mistakes are took more lightly. Hill is all over social media and celebrates the littlest things sometimes. I remember the first time I saw him get a good run, you would have thought we won the championship the way he was cutting up.

With Hill's performance the second half of last year, I think it is difficult to say Peterson is "ten times" better.  Regardless though, what does social media have anything to do with fumbles?  Also, you might want to look up some highlights of Corey Dillon before making statements about the entire history of the organization...

I personally think Hill is going to continue to get the bulk of the work load, which I think makes sense because he showed last year that he gets stronger as the game goes on.  One thought that went through my head on Sunday is we don't want this to become mental... we don't want him being timid because he is thinking "if I fumble, I'm going to get benched".  I am certainly not a Psychologist, but that can't be good.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 10:06 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Hill is only 6 fumbles behind him, in less time, with half the load.

Get back to me at the end of the season IF Hill has more. As for the "half the load" argument: let's look at AP's fumbles in 2007 vs. Hill's fumbles in 2014:

AP: Fumbled in games with 25, 12, 30, and 11 carries. (4 total) 

Hill: fumbled in games with 12, 27, 25, and 22 carries (5 total)

Didn't look like AP had intense loads in all the games he fumbled in. The chances of Hill fumbling twice in only 10 carries again are very slim. The last time he fumbled twice in a game was last season vs. CLE with 25 carries in week 14. (BTW AP's sophomore season he had 3 games with two fumbles on: 25, 22, and 22 carries). 

Hill is a smart player. He realizes this is an issue that needs to be fixed and isn't backing away from it. 
Reply/Quote