Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Our Starting RB Going Forward?
Start running Hill early, but ultimately just ride the hot hand.

If Gio is getting 5 ypc for his carries, shift the balance a little.

I think Hue will do it well enough.
Reply/Quote
Hill is built more to be the primary, between the tackles runner. Use Gio as a change of pace and on passing downs. Mix it up to keep defenses honest, but 55-45 Hill/Gio would be good.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 02:03 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There is no starter, only a committee. Even Burkhead gets his snaps.

If there must be a starter, then Gio and Hill are both the starters  Big Grin

GreenCornBengal is really Jim Harbaugh.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I really don't think the coaches think like this. Hill will be the guy on the first series probably 90% of the time and if you want to call that a starter alright, but from everything I have heard the coaches say, who plays is a situational thing based on multiple factors.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 04:30 PM)jason Wrote: GreenCornBengal is really Jim Harbaugh.

[Image: angryharbaugh1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Naming a starter tells your opponent who to prep for.

Why name one when you could give the opposing coordinators fits.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Either one could be a starter, they're both great players. I really think Gio just had a sophomore slump last season.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 11:23 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: With Hill's performance the second half of last year, I think it is difficult to say Peterson is "ten times" better.  Regardless though, what does social media have anything to do with fumbles?  Also, you might want to look up some highlights of Corey Dillon before making statements about the entire history of the organization...

I personally think Hill is going to continue to get the bulk of the work load, which I think makes sense because he showed last year that he gets stronger as the game goes on.  One thought that went through my head on Sunday is we don't want this to become mental... we don't want him being timid because he is thinking "if I fumble, I'm going to get benched".  I am certainly not a Psychologist, but that can't be good.

Maybe he should get off social media and practice ball control?

As far as Dillon. He was good no doubt. But AP is arguably one of the best athletes ever with the likes of Rice, Barry Sanders and such. He just happens to be on a not so good team.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 03:01 PM)type_stripe Wrote: Get back to me at the end of the season IF Hill has more. As for the "half the load" argument: let's look at AP's fumbles in 2007 vs. Hill's fumbles in 2014:

AP: Fumbled in games with 25, 12, 30, and 11 carries. (4 total) 

Hill: fumbled in games with 12, 27, 25, and 22 carries (5 total)

Didn't look like AP had intense loads in all the games he fumbled in. The chances of Hill fumbling twice in only 10 carries again are very slim. The last time he fumbled twice in a game was last season vs. CLE with 25 carries in week 14. (BTW AP's sophomore season he had 3 games with two fumbles on: 25, 22, and 22 carries). 

Hill is a smart player. He realizes this is an issue that needs to be fixed and isn't backing away from it. 

Please stop comparing AP to Hill. AP is a future HOF'r. Hill, while a good back, is too immature and it shows with all of these fumbles. In his 2nd year, he has more fumbles than just about everyone on the team (Tate?). If he knew how to hold on to the ball he'd be a top 5. Fact is defenses know he has ball control issues and they are focusing on stripping the ball, it's very plain to see.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 10:14 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hill will probly still start... Have him wear out the Defense and Gio gash them...

As great as gio was sunday we have also seen him have those games where nothing works for him.

Funny that there is a thread about people overracting about Hill while they are overreacting about Gio.

We have also seen Hill have games where nothing works for him, it's a 2way street. But more often than not Gio is getting some good yardage (and I mean chunks) whatever he's doing (running, passes out of backfield, receiver). Same could be said for Hill too.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 09:29 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Please stop comparing AP to Hill. AP is a future HOF'r. Hill, while a good back, is too immature and it shows with all of these fumbles. In his 2nd year, he has more fumbles than just about everyone on the team (Tate?). If he knew how to hold on to the ball he'd be a top 5. Fact is defenses know he has ball control issues and they are focusing on stripping the ball, it's very plain to see.

Either you're missing the point or you're just ignorant. The comparison is the fumbling issue which happened to both players, not the maturity of the player, future HOF'ers, or whatever tangents you're going on. 
Reply/Quote
I think the starting role should be Gio's unless Hill goes out there and forces the coaches to give him a bulk of the carries with stellar play. We'll see. Definitely a good problem to have.
Reply/Quote
I think this says it all

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000536987/article/giovani-bernard-leads-list-of-top-10-satellite-backs?campaign=Twitter_atn&campaign=fb-nf-sf13375718-sf13375718

Bernard the #1 rated back by PFF in YAC and #2 in Elusiveness. All the pre-season worries are gone, Gio is a STUD.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jeremy Hill, he will learn a good lesson from being benched.  I would expect an explosive performance from him against the Ravens.

knock on wood  Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:15 PM)Fresno B Wrote: AP and Hill are 2 totally different players. AP is 10 times the back of any RB's the Bengals have ever had. Also, AP is humble so mistakes are took more lightly. Hill is all over social media and celebrates the littlest things sometimes. I remember the first time I saw him get a good run, you would have thought we won the championship the way he was cutting up.

AP is 10 times better than a guy named Corey Dillon?  Child Please!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 09:36 PM)Fresno B Wrote: We have also seen Hill have games where nothing works for him, it's a 2way street. But more often than not Gio is getting some good yardage (and I mean chunks) whatever he's doing (running, passes out of backfield, receiver). Same could be said for Hill too.

Yeah im not taking away from either.... Just saying Gio kinda struggled year 2.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 05:37 AM)type_stripe Wrote: Either you're missing the point or you're just ignorant. The comparison is the fumbling issue which happened to both players, not the maturity of the player, future HOF'ers, or whatever tangents you're going on. 
As you and I speak right now, Hill has a fumbling problem not AP. It makes you guys sound silly for trying to compare their fumbles (from different era's btw) as if they are equal talents. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 05:37 AM)type_stripe Wrote: Either you're missing the point or you're just ignorant. The comparison is the fumbling issue which happened to both players, not the maturity of the player, future HOF'ers, or whatever tangents you're going on. 

Fumbles. Everything I posted related to fumbles. Re read it.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:11 AM)Fresno B Wrote: As you and I speak right now, Hill has a fumbling problem not AP.

Psssst. Hill and Peterson have the same amount of fumbles this season.  They also have the same amount of fumbles in their last full season played.  Each one has 7 fumbles in their last 18 games.  Don't make things up hoping that it fits your argument when stats are this easily accessible.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 09:22 AM)JADefense Wrote: AP is 10 times better than a guy named Corey Dillon?  Child Please!

So is Dillon the best back we've ever had? I'm asking because by reading these boards over the last year and a half, it would suggest Hill.
Reply/Quote