Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Our Starting RB Going Forward?
(09-23-2015, 10:17 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Psssst. Hill and Peterson have the same amount of fumbles this season.  They also have the same amount of fumbles in their last full season played.  Each one has 7 fumbles in their last 18 games.  Don't make things up hoping that it fits your argument when stats are this easily accessible.

Who has the most fumbles per carry? Lol
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 09:19 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Maybe he should get off social media and practice ball control?

As far as Dillon. He was good no doubt. But AP is arguably one of the best athletes ever with the likes of Rice, Barry Sanders and such. He just happens to be on a not so good team.

I really think you just like to argue.  That, or you have comprehension problems... what does him posting on social media have anything to do with his fumbles?  Peterson had problems holding on to the ball until his fourth year in the league.  Perhaps if he wasn't spending so much time beating his kids, or even meeting all of them, he would not have had difficulties?

I brought up Dillon because you said "AP is ten times better than any running back the Bengals have ever had".  Yes, he is a very good back, but not ten times.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:17 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Psssst. Hill and Peterson have the same amount of fumbles this season.  They also have the same amount of fumbles in their last full season played.  Each one has 7 fumbles in their last 18 games.  Don't make things up hoping that it fits your argument when stats are this easily accessible.

Instead of using last #games played, to defend Hill, how about using the last year or per carry?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:21 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Who has the most fumbles per carry? Lol

Hill fumbles on 2.7 of his carries, AP on 2.3.  4 more per 1000 carries.  Are we going to pretend like that's a really big difference now?  That would shake out to less than 1 extra fumble per year.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:24 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Instead of using last #games played, to defend Hill, how about using the last year or per carry?

Are you drunk already?  Didn't you just ask the same question 5 minutes ago?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:23 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I really think you just like to argue.  That, or you have comprehension problems... what does him posting on social media have anything to do with his fumbles?  Peterson had problems holding on to the ball until his fourth year in the league.  Perhaps if he wasn't spending so much time beating his kids, or even meeting all of them, he would not have had difficulties?

I brought up Dillon because you said "AP is ten times better than any running back the Bengals have ever had".  Yes, he is a very good back, but not ten times.

His typing is making his hands weak? Idk. But if he wants to keep his starting position, he better quit the antics (social media or whatever else) and start practicing ball control instead. He needs to focus on the game. He starting to remind me of ocho.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:11 AM)Fresno B Wrote: As you and I speak right now, Hill has a fumbling problem not AP. It makes you guys sound silly for trying to compare their fumbles (from different era's btw) as if they are equal talents. Nothing could be further from the truth.

1) Your first sentence is false. Johnny Cupcakes put up the stats.

2) why would I compare an 8 year vet's 8th season to a 2nd year? The point made is AP fumbled excessively young in his career too.

3) I'm not even comparing anything else, just the fumbling from years 1 & 2. 

4) Different eras?! HAHA.  AP was drafted 8 years ago not 18. It was a pass heavy league in 2007, it is a pass heavy league now. 

You have no arguement other than "Hill is on social media too much/immature to hold on to the ball".
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:37 AM)Fresno B Wrote: His typing is making his hands weak? Idk. But if he wants to keep his starting position, he better quit the antics (social media or whatever else) and start practicing ball control instead. He needs to focus on the game. He starting to remind me of ocho.

Please provide a list of said antics, because so far Hill seems nothing like the prima donna that Chad Johnson was.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
I'd say it's still Hill, but he will or at least should be on a short leash.

Having said that, I don't see a problem with using both of them equally and to their strengths.  I guess we will soon see.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I'd still roll with Hill and hopefully the message has been sent to him that this fumbling is not acceptable. He's seem to take some accountability.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 03:03 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: Please provide a list of said antics, because so far Hill seems nothing like the prima donna that Chad Johnson was.

I know huh? At least ocho waited a few years before he was jaw jacking. Hill has been jaw jacking since his first play. Next Hill run watch him.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 03:03 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: Please provide a list of said antics, because so far Hill seems nothing like the prima donna that Chad Johnson was.

Well dancing and taunting after every run is a starter.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Hill is one to go in and pound the ball early in the game and midway into the game, with Gio being the occasional change-of-pace and third down back, and then using Gio more as the defense wears down and can't keep up with his speed and shifty moves, but keep Hill involved and then let him close-it-out when we have the lead and need to grind the clock.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:18 AM)Fresno B Wrote: So is Dillon the best back we've ever had? I'm asking because by reading these boards over the last year and a half, it would suggest Hill.

Dillon is the best Bengal RB ever.  Talk about a stud on lousy teams?  Dillon played with some of the worst QB's in the league and still excelled.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Bernard got the carries in the second half after Hill fumbled the second time and did ok, but how will it be from here on out?

Will Hill still get the majority of the carries but just have a short leash, or will Bernard take over with Hill being his reliever, or will Hill just be benched completely for the time being?  

The one fumble was just mishandling a pitch, which I really don't see as too big of an issue, but he definitely needs to hold the ball tighter with the other one.

How will the running back roles be going forward?

Do we need to give him a ball at all times to hold onto and have people trying to knock it out like this clip in The Program?

Jeremy Hill.....

End thread
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 08:58 PM)JADefense Wrote: Dillon is the best Bengal RB ever.  Talk about a stud on lousy teams?  Dillon played with some of the worst QB's in the league and still excelled.

Agree
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 07:04 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Well dancing and taunting after every run is a starter.

That's it? So Hill celebrating everytime he has a good play or touchdown makes him the next ocho? His interviews are very humbling and says the right things. If celebrations make you ocho, the whole league has about 2-3 ochocincos on their team. 

Some guys play with emotion, get over it. You got any other examples why Hill is Ochocinco? He gets happy when we win?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 07:30 PM)Element Wrote: That's it? So Hill celebrating everytime he has a good play or touchdown makes him the next ocho? His interviews are very humbling and says the right things. If celebrations make you ocho, the whole league has about 2-3 ochocincos on their team. 

Some guys play with emotion, get over it. You got any other examples why Hill is Ochocinco? He gets happy when we win?

Playing with emotion and acting like a fool are totally different things. But all that dancing, prancing, and finger pointing isn't cute, especially when you're a fumbler. How many times was he benched last year for the exact same thing? Guess what's going to happen on his next good run? If this guy ain't ocho cinco the second....
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 08:58 PM)JADefense Wrote: Dillon is the best Bengal RB ever.  Talk about a stud on lousy teams?  Dillon played with some of the worst QB's in the league and still excelled.

Dillon was Steven Jackson before Steven Jackson.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 08:37 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Playing with emotion and acting like a fool are totally different things. But all that dancing, prancing, and finger pointing isn't cute, especially when you're a fumbler. How many times was he benched last year for the exact same thing? Guess what's going to happen on his next good run? If this guy ain't ocho cinco the second....

Can you name the last time Hill was penalized for taunting?

If you mean the finger pointing, MANY NFL players do it. Antonion Brown does it. Michael Crabtree does it. Marvin Jones and Sanu do it.

Heck, Jones also does dances. So I guess he's the next Ocho. Right?
Reply/Quote