Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's our Quarterback in 2018?
(11-07-2017, 04:00 PM)Ravage Wrote: Wait a minute...QUICK!!! Someone call Jared Lorenzen!!!

Is he the really fat QB? If so, SOMEONE F***ING CALL JARED LORENZEN!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Let me get out my crystal ball...

If McCarron is a RFA, he'll be given a 2nd round tender and will be picked up by some team (likely the Browns).
When Cousins leaves Washington this offseason, Gruden's gang will offer a first round pick plus more to acquire Dalton.
That gives the Bengals, at minimum, two first rounders and two second rounders to play with.
These four picks will be allocated to the following positions: QB, two OL, and a defensive player (likely DL since Atkins and Dunlap will be entering contract years in 2018)

[Image: f3c1ddbd2d53336899ca2a1d83fb09c29f90ae37...c4b4e9.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It will be Andy Dalton.

With a new HC and revamped O Line I feel like that will be the best solution for Andy and the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:00 PM)Ravage Wrote: The '99 Draft was supposed to be the best QB crop since '83. It unleashed Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Cade McNown on three unsuspecting fan-bases (well, two and ours, we knew deep-down what was coming) and only ended up having Donovan McNabb and three good seasons of Daunte Culpepper to show for it. 

Sometimes 'deepest (insert position) draft since' means there's no one able to separate themselves from the rest, no one knows who's actually the best of the bunch, and they're all just meh. 

It's similar to the old adage: If you have two QB's you really have none.

Like Andy or hate him, unless any of those QB's can both run and pass block while simultaneously playing QB, it won't matter who's taking snaps.

Wait a minute...QUICK!!! Someone call Jared Lorenzen!!!

While I appreciate the good joke, I did watch the "Pillsbury Throwboy" swat SEC defenders away like gnats during his days behind a putrid o line at UK.  He is currently over 400 lbs, but has taken on the task of losing most of that weight.....he may just be what the doctor ordered....pun intended.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: While I appreciate the good joke, I did watch the "Pillsbury Throwboy" swat SEC defenders away like gnats during his days behind a putrid o line at UK.  He is currently over 400 lbs, but has taken on the task of losing most of that weight.....he may just be what the doctor ordered....pun intended.

I'm a UK alum, I watched him plenty too. I'm just thinking of the offense we could run,  it'd completely revolutionize the NFL. 

"Bengals have two QB's on the field, Lorenzen lines up as an eligible receiver off RT, Dalton under center. Here's the snap, Lorenzen pancakes his defender...lateral to Lorenzen, Lorenzen winds up, he's going deep..." 

On a serious note, good for him if he's getting in shape. His weight was always worth a good laugh, and he seemed to have a good nature about it. I really hope he succeeds. I swear there was a picture of him with his OL at UK where he was as big or bigger than the OL. Google failed me in an effort to find it.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Hopefully Andy Dalton. He's the best QB that we could get right now, and I would say he's better than any QB in the upcoming draft. I don't see why he would be going anywhere in 2018.

Has anyone seen the freshman QB @ AZ.  In my mind he's not only the best QB right now but the best offensive player in the country..
Look up his stats---he's an unbelievable runner and can throw the deep ball.  His name is Khalil Tate. Was Pac 12 player of the week 4 straight weeks after not starting until the 5th game of the season.  If he plays as well as a Soph--definitely a 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:38 PM)Ravage Wrote: I'm a UK alum, I watched him plenty too. I'm just thinking of the offense we could run,  it'd completely revolutionize the NFL. 

"Bengals have two QB's on the field, Lorenzen lines up as an eligible receiver off RT, Dalton under center. Here's the snap, Lorenzen pancakes his defender...lateral to Lorenzen, Lorenzen winds up, he's going deep..." 

On a serious note, good for him if he's getting in shape. His weight was always worth a good laugh, and he seemed to have a good nature about it. I really hope he succeeds. I swear there was a picture of him with his OL at UK where he was as big or bigger than the OL. Google failed me in an effort to find it.

LOL....that would be EPIC.

Yes, he has a Facebook page and a website chronicling his journey.  He said he really began to realize just how far he'd gone when he snapped his ankle in an Arena game a couple years back.  He said had he been in better shape, he could have gotten down and avoided the hit that essentially ended his playing days.  I used to love watching him play, and laughing at the fans saying he needed benched in favor of Shane "Telegraph the Pass" Boyd.  Sound familiar? Smirk

Reply/Quote
Somehow, I don't see Dalton doing this.....but it is the attitude a leader at QB has that this team desperately needs.

'I'll throw it to whoever the f--- I want!'

Mike Vrabel, Patriots linebacker, 2001-08: "My indoctrination to the goal-line [offense]: I had maybe caught a couple touchdowns and was feeling pretty good about myself, and we went to practice one day and I broke free on a crossing route or something like that. So I start yelling, 'Tom! Tom! Tom!' and I'm waving my hands. But he doesn't throw it to me. I come back, and we're in the huddle when he says, 'Mikey, if you ever wave your f---in' hands and ask for the ball again, I'll never throw it to you. I know who's open. I'm the quarterback, I'll throw it to whoever the f--- I want!' That was the last time I ever called for the ball."
Reply/Quote
I've seen a few mentions of Baker Mayfield in here. Am I the only one that sees Johnny Manziel Jr when I watch him?

Anywho, Colin Kaepernick will be our QB next year when Andy quits at the end of this season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:47 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Somehow, I don't see Dalton doing this.....but it is the attitude a leader at QB has that this team desperately needs.

'I'll throw it to whoever the f--- I want!'

Mike Vrabel, Patriots linebacker, 2001-08: "My indoctrination to the goal-line [offense]: I had maybe caught a couple touchdowns and was feeling pretty good about myself, and we went to practice one day and I broke free on a crossing route or something like that. So I start yelling, 'Tom! Tom! Tom!' and I'm waving my hands. But he doesn't throw it to me. I come back, and we're in the huddle when he says, 'Mikey, if you ever wave your f---in' hands and ask for the ball again, I'll never throw it to you. I know who's open. I'm the quarterback, I'll throw it to whoever the f--- I want!' That was the last time I ever called for the ball."

I don't see that as being a leader. I see that as being a friggin' douche.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: LOL....that would be EPIC.

Yes, he has a Facebook page and a website chronicling his journey.  He said he really began to realize just how far he'd gone when he snapped his ankle in an Arena game a couple years back.  He said had he been in better shape, he could have gotten down and avoided the hit that essentially ended his playing days.  I used to love watching him play, and laughing at the fans saying he needed benched in favor of Shane "Telegraph the Pass" Boyd.  Sound familiar? Smirk

Hoo-boy, Shane Boyd, that's a name I never wanted to hear again. 

I'm still bummed about my days at UK. Glenn Pakulak was the punter when I was there and lived on the same floor in the dorms as I did. Used to go out and work with him outside Blanding tower shagging punts. Our kicker then was awful, missing XP's regularly awful. I was a decent K with a good leg, Glenn was going to try and get me a tryout with the staff, then Mumme got canned, I moved out of the dorms and lost contact with Glenn, and that was that. Ahhh what could have been. :)
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:05 PM)Ravage Wrote: Hoo-boy, Shane Boyd, that's a name I never wanted to hear again. 

I'm still bummed about my days at UK. Glenn Pakulak was the punter when I was there and lived on the same floor in the dorms as I did. Used to go out and work with him outside Blanding tower shagging punts. Our kicker then was awful, missing XP's regularly awful. I was a decent K with a good leg, Glenn was going to try and get me a tryout with the staff, then Mumme got canned, I moved out of the dorms and lost contact with Glenn, and that was that. Ahhh what could have been. :)

That's a good story, I remember him.  One thing was for certain while Hal was there:  you would be entertained. Smirk

What's funny about Lorenzen/Boyd is how it parallels Dalton/McCarron.....although McCarron is light years better than Boyd.  I remember a Louisville game, and UK was struggling.....fans were booing Jarred in our section, and yelling to play Boyd.  I kinda mouthed to my buddy, "yeah, that's EXACTLY what they need to do, play a guy that telegraphs every pass against this defense".  Some guy overheard me, and was like "Well, I'd rather have a guy telegraphing passes (don't think he even knew what that meant), than fatboy out there getting sacked"....or something along those lines.

Anyway, they put Boyd in the next series, and they were coming right at us (end zone seats), and Boyd stares a WR all the way down the field, lets go of the ball, and the S breaks a little late, but almost picks it.  I just look at ol buddy and grin.  He continues to badmouth Lorenzen, and I swear two plays later, telegraph and pick 6.  I ask if he's still interested in seeing what telegraphing passes can get you, he left....lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Except win games.  ThumbsUp

At 1pm in Sep-Dec. 

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At 1pm in Sep-Dec. 

Hasn't that been a problem for as long as Marv's been coaching? With the entire team?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 08:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hasn't that been a problem for as long as Marv's been coaching? With the entire team?

Yes. Marvin's bungalized him good.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 08:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes. Marvin's bungalized him good.

Maybe he is. Hard saying until he and/or Marv go elsewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I guess this will boil down to three questions:

1) Do we have a new head coach next year?
2) How much control will the new head coach have?
3) Does he think that he can win it all with Andy?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:56 PM)jason Wrote: I've seen a few mentions of Baker Mayfield in here. Am I the only one that sees Johnny Manziel Jr when I watch him?

Anywho, Colin Kaepernick will be our QB next year when Andy quits at the end of this season.

Yep, I believe I questioned him earlier in the thread. I don't believe in the kid at the pro level at all. He seems like a frat boy too.

I'd still prefer Josh Allen. One can dream
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let me get out my crystal ball...

If McCarron is a RFA, he'll be given a 2nd round tender and will be picked up by some team (likely the Browns).
When Cousins leaves Washington this offseason, Gruden's gang will offer a first round pick plus more to acquire Dalton.
That gives the Bengals, at minimum, two first rounders and two second rounders to play with.
These four picks will be allocated to the following positions: QB, two OL, and a defensive player (likely DL since Atkins and Dunlap will be entering contract years in 2018)

[Image: f3c1ddbd2d53336899ca2a1d83fb09c29f90ae37...c4b4e9.jpg]

I could definately see this happening. Hopefully we get another O-lineman in FA as well to go with a new O-line coach and i would be happy.
Reply/Quote