CB Darqueze Dennard
S George Iloka
Head Coach Marvin Lewis
OL Coach Paul Alexander
DC Paul Gunther
New Defensive Coaches
Owner Mike Brown
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the biggest disappointment at the half way mark?
(11-05-2016, 01:25 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Where's Geno Atkins? He's supposed to be the best pass rushing DT in the league and he isn't looking like it.

Michael Johnson

Adam Jones

are my 3.

He has 3.5 sacks this season. Only 5 DTs have more sacks than him. He's been underwhelming, but he has as many sacks as Suh. Has more than Kyle Williams and Aaron Donald.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Said Ced!

Ogbuehi to me is. Yet thought about Paul Alexander at first but he is doing about what I expected so can not really be disappointed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 02:33 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He has 3.5 sacks this season. Only 5 DTs have more sacks than him. He's been underwhelming, but he has as many sacks as Suh. Has more than Kyle Williams and Aaron Donald.

He hasn't been a total disappointment like some of the other guys but I just have higher expectations from one of the top DTs in the league. I'm really disappointed in the the d-line in general I feel like it all starts with them.
Reply/Quote
1. V Burfict - everybody was chomping at the bit for him to come back and get our D on track. He came back alright but overweight, out of shape, and playing slow/bad. No where near the impact player he was !

2. Adam Jones - he's clearly lost 2 steps and is no longer playing like a starting CB.

3. C Ogbuehi - Just not anywhere near a starting NFL RT.

Honorable mention : Nugent, Atkins, Bodine, Zeitler, Maualuga, M. Johnson, you could add many others.
Reply/Quote
I suppose if you understand disappointment doesn't mean worst player; it alters your view.

Ced is basically a rookie exterior olineman. I realize they struggle early and didn't really expect much

Burfict we knew was going to miss time. He has came back and been our best LB (not saying much)

I figured age would catch up with Pacman and even suggested keeping Hall over him

So my biggest disappointments:

GEORGE ILOKA- Was one of the more promising young DBs in the league and we rewarded him accordingly. Has really taken a step back this year.

CARLOS DUNLAP- Talked during the off-season how he was going to break the NFL sack record. He currently has 5.

TYLER EIFERT- Figured he'd miss a game or 2. Missed half the season.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I picked Iloka, Pacman, and Og.  In that order.

Iloka has to be the biggest disappointment in my opinion.

Just for the fact that he was considered one of the best re-signings in off season(a steal even).

So yeah.  His play has not been to the level expected.

Pacman looks more like Oldman.  Such a dropoff.

Og was considered a great grab for us in the draft.

Not so much. It's still early though.

Lastly Michael Johnson now looks like his moniker here when he signed with Tampa... "overrated".  Not shocked.

Dansby is the one that I thought would do well in this D.  Well... he has a lot of tackles.   Yawn
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose if you understand disappointment doesn't mean worst player; it alters your view.

Ced is basically a rookie exterior olineman. I realize they struggle early and didn't really expect much

Burfict we knew was going to miss time. He has came back and been our best LB (not saying much)

I figured age would catch up with Pacman and even suggested keeping Hall over him

So my biggest disappointments:

GEORGE ILOKA- Was one of the more promising young DBs in the league and we rewarded him accordingly. Has really taken a step back this year.

CARLOS DUNLAP- Talked during the off-season how he was going to break the NFL sack record. He currently has 5.

TYLER EIFERT- Figured he'd miss a game or 2. Missed half the season.

Yes, I picked disappointment over worst cause a guy playing just run-of-the-mill okay but not at a level anyone was expecting is worse than not being all that good of a player that is doing what he can. That's why Bodine isn't on the list. He's not a high quality Center, but we all knew that. It's the guys we've expected to do more and just aren't who are creating the disappointment and there's more of those than the guys who are living up to expectations.

I left Gio and Hill off the list because the OL has been so bad. Gio is having a backup's year number wise and unless the OL starts blocking better he could easily end up with fewer than 550 yards rushing which would be his worst year as a pro. But I don't really believe for a minute that either he or Hill aren't doing what they can behind the swiss cheese OL we have.

It's clear to me why Og tops the list. Everyone expected him to be a good OT, so it's been a shocker that he's played very poorly. I know he's young, but this is his second year and he did play some last year. Paul Alexander is an even bigger disappointment in my book because he had to know that Og wasn't ready way back in mini-camp and he also has to know that Winston is just better at this point.

Then there's Marvin Lewis who basically watched all of this go on and all we've heard is that "we have to play better" combined with some giggles and claps.

Reply/Quote
How the hell is Dunlap a disappointment? Best player on our defense. That's get doubled team too. Only playmaker we have so far this year. You lose all credibility with that ridiculous statement.
Reply/Quote
Voted Ogbuehi, but regret not voting for Paul Alexander. The man who certainly played the biggest role in drafting Ogbuehi, Fisher and Bodine. Although I feel the defense has played a bigger role in our losses than the offense, the o-line has been far and away the worst position group on the team. I could even make an argument that our weak run blocking has shortened many drives and in turn hurt the defense.

I've never been a PA fan, but at least homers had a leg to stand on while defending him prior to this year. I've never seen a coach so thoroughly earn a pink slip. He hand picked the ingredients and has whipped up the worst o-line we've seen since 2008. Honestly, I think it's even worse than that year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 09:59 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: How the hell is Dunlap a disappointment? Best player on our defense.   That's get doubled team too.   Only playmaker we have so far this year.  You lose all credibility with that ridiculous statement.
As I said: most disappointing does not equal worst player. What do you consider someone that suggested they would set the NFL record for sacks that only has 5 at mid-season?

Not concerned with your allotment of credibility. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
#1 Marvin Lewis- this team just seams out of it and doesn't look like themselves anymore. The defense is just plain bad, the special teams seams lackluster in all categories, and our offense while it puts up yards struggles to score. I am a huge Marvin fan but even I have to admit it seems like the end of the road for him here in the nasty nati.

#2 Paul Guenther- Our defense is bad right now and I honestly don't know why. We have 2 top 10 defensive lineman on our team, a pretty good LB core on paper, and a secondary that seams solid on paper as well. Yet we can't get off the field on third downs, we give up long TD passes, can't get sacks, and are giving up Tds in the redzone at an alarming rate. What's even more surprising is this unit has been known to be good in those areas under Guenther in the prior two years. Maybe the players are tired of the substitute teacher and are ready for a new real teacher.

#3 Vontaz- , misses first three games of the season due suspension, he shows up to OTAS out of shape, and hasn't been performing up to his abilities on the field. You would think a career threating knee energy would make him more aware of his body image and a three game suspension would tone him down for a bit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I went Ogbuehi. Just in over his head and it's really costing the offense. It's totally unfathomable to me that this team spent a first and a second on OTs in 2015 and they still have nobody on the roster that can outplay Eric freaking Winston. Makes me sick TBH.

Second would be the replacement position coaches on the defense. This is virtually the same personnel group from last year, yet they look completely lost. I heard an interview Lapham and Hoard did with Speedy Thomas on Friday. He basically said that he attends practices from time to time and that there's nobody on the staff that's willing to coach players up one-on-one and hold them accountable as Joseph and Zimmer did. He also said that he believed that both Dre and Pacman had slacked off in their work habits due to this factor. He used the word "lackadaisical" when he described their practice methods this season. He did make sure to say that he thought guys like Coyle and haslett were good coaches, but that they just weren't the types of guys that would get the most out of this group.
Reply/Quote
You don't have it listed in your 15.....but I think it is easy.....remember the word is disappointed....Now you can't throw up names of people you have been insulting for some time now, such as Mike Brown. That would just be these people being consistent in that you don't think much of them.....not really a disappointment......THE DEFENSE IS THE DISAPPOINTMENT......THE ENTIRE DEFENSE....We have became spoiled by having one of the top NFL Defenses these last few years. We came to depend on this defense keeping the score low enough for us to have a chance to win......The Bengals so far have one of the worst defenses in the NFL this year and that is a huge change....Defense wins Championships and our defense was a huge reason for 5 straight play-off seasons. .....Teams have just went through our defense so easy this year, running and passing. In spite of Atkins and Dunlap we are getting no pressure on quarterbacks. ...TV announcers talk of Jones and Sanu gone but maybe they should talk of Nelson, Hall, Hawk and Gilberry being gone...The news says Bengals are close to bringing Gilberry back on the team...They need to do something.....This defense sucks....The top pick CB's show little....Every linebacker looks awful...Jones and Burfict have no focus and get those penalties at the worst of times.....THE DEFENSE IS THE REAL DISAPPOINTMENT.....and we can't even hope to make a second half run unless the DEFENSE goes from one of worst in the NFL back to one of best in the NFL. ......Heck yes, re-sign Gilberry. Maybe we miss him. I like that he can play inside and outside on the line and he gets to the QB and he plays with fire and spirit.......If Coach Lewis has to take over the defense, so be it. Lewis is a great defensive coordinator and maybe he should kick a few D Coaches butts, and some D players butts because we are only one loss out of first place with 4 AFC North games left to catch up....Let Lewis take over the D, and let Zampese go on offense which isn't Lewis strong suit anyway. Lewis knows defense, so he should fix this mess.......ALSO, we have only had 3 home games. London is NOT a home game....We could use THE 12TH MAN of THE JUNGLE in our 4 Home Games with Bills, Eagles, Steelers and Ravens....If we WIN in THE JUNGLE, that is 7 wins right there...we have 1 road win for 8.....winning at Browns would be 9 wins...we at least need 1 more to get at least 10....10-5-1.....Hey, use the bye week to beat Giants on the road......Who knows, maybe even go 11-4-1 on the season.....but it won't happen unless Lewis lights a fire under the D...Maybe bringing Gilberry back and firing one of these D players may just be a wake up call to other players flubbing around on defense.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Man, what a tough poll.

That's what she said.

I went Nugent.

PS, why wsan't Andy Dalton in the poll? He sucks.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
To me, in order for someone to be a disappointment you have to have high expectations for them. I already had no faith in Nugent so even though he has sucked, I don't see it as a disappointment. I had a gut feeling Adam Jones wasn't going to do much this year so I can't count him either.

I went with Burfict, Gunther, and Paul Alexander because I feel all of those became significantly worse without too much reason. Although looking at the poll again, I should have gone with Illoka because I really thought he was going to be good. I wish Williams was on their too because I thought it would be a smooth transition from Nelson to him.
Reply/Quote
Easily the coaching

I feel like our coaching is so bad, every game is a constant battle against the opposing team and ourselves
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 09:07 AM)xxlt Wrote: Man, what a tough poll.

That's what she said.

I went Nugent.

PS, why wsan't Andy Dalton in the poll? He sucks.

First off, you can't that's what she said yourself, that's just sad. If you're really going to try to say Dalton has been a disappointment this year, just stop. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 09:53 PM)Sweetness Wrote: First off, you can't that's what she said yourself, that's just sad. If you're really going to try to say Dalton has been a disappointment this year, just stop. 

1. I can, and I did, and it may be sad for you, but it worked for me. Ask your Dr if your healthy enough for _____ if it is still bothering you.

2. I have been a fan of Andy Dalton from the day he was drafted. More frequent visitors to the MB know that, and that I like to say Andy Dalton sucks because it is a just a way to remind people of all the morons on here who have said that in spite of the amazing production from Dalton since day one. Or maybe you are one of those morons who has said that, and is finally saying he isn't a disappointment this year, but has been up to now? If so, sorry, I didn't recognize you. Anyway, kind of an inside joke for me and handful of people who get it. No hard feelings that you didn't get it. (That's what she said.)

3. PS Andy Dalton sucks. Sarcasm
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I wanted to vote for whoever decided to draft Cedrick Ogbdufdf, but since that isnt an option I voted for him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Can I vote for Ced again?
Reply/Quote