CB Darqueze Dennard
S George Iloka
Head Coach Marvin Lewis
OL Coach Paul Alexander
DC Paul Gunther
New Defensive Coaches
Owner Mike Brown
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the biggest disappointment at the half way mark?
(11-07-2016, 06:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thanks. I changed my vote to...

Paul Alexander (who is doing an awful job even by his standards)
Adam Jones
Vontaze Burfict

It sorta surprises me that Jones and Burfict haven't both received more votes. Both are turning in very disappointing seasons thus far. 80 or 90% of this board were yelling wait until Burfict gets back, he's gonna right the ship. He's way overweight, out of shape, and is way more a part of the problem than part of the solution. Add in the BS (stepping on ankles on purpose) and I have little use for him.

Adam Jones has lost two steps maybe 2 and a half ? Has missed a couple dozen tackles trying for the atomic shoulder ESPN highlights. Has showed up team mates on the field, cost the team a timeout throwing a hissy fit after a blatant penalty. And on and on

Both are hurting the team way more than they're helping and putting the dot on the I in the ain't no I in team saying.

But in the same breath, it's mostly par for the course with them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
that fat useless Peko.....he's can't supply any pressure and kills the run defense .
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 10:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It sorta surprises me that Jones and Burfict haven't both received more votes. Both are turning in very disappointing seasons thus far. 80 or 90% of this board were yelling wait until Burfict gets back, he's gonna right the ship. He's way overweight, out of shape, and is way more a part of the problem than part of the solution. Add in the BS (stepping on ankles on purpose) and I have little use for him.

Adam Jones has lost two steps maybe 2 and a half ? Has missed a couple dozen tackles trying for the atomic shoulder ESPN highlights. Has showed up team mates on the field, cost the team a timeout throwing a hissy fit after a blatant penalty. And on and on

Both are hurting the team way more than they're helping and putting the dot on the I in the ain't no I in team saying.

I think folks are missing the point.....at least some of them.

I mean we already knew some of these guys were turds....so it's hard to call it a diappointment when they were already expected to be shitty. It's the guys that are underperforming that are the point of the OP.

Burfict is at the top of that list for me.  iKills me to say it....but it's true.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Burfict can easily get back on track if he gets in better shape. He has really high football IQ, and is still feared around the league as an enforcer. The guy missed the entire preseason and the first 3 games. I'm not suprised he wasn't in Pro Bowl form once he came back. I'm not ready to give up on one of the best Bengals we've had in recent years because he's having a down year (for him).

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 10:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It sorta surprises me that Jones and Burfict haven't both received more votes. Both are turning in very disappointing seasons thus far. 80 or 90% of this board were yelling wait until Burfict gets back, he's gonna right the ship. He's way overweight, out of shape, and is way more a part of the problem than part of the solution. Add in the BS (stepping on ankles on purpose) and I have little use for him.

What Wyche said. This isn't "who are the worst players/coaches", it's who are the biggest disappointments. I had to throw Pac and Tez in there because they're supposed to be leaders and big-time players for us. 

Tez looks like he's taking a year off, and Pac...I'm starting to think he finally got the payday he was looking for and now he's not giving 100%. Hard to believe he could fall off this hard.

At this rate, I'd think about cutting Pac come February and possibly trading Tez if he can't get it together.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict can easily get back on track if he gets in better shape. He has really high football IQ, and is still feared around the league as an enforcer. The guy missed the entire preseason and the first 3 games. I'm not suprised he wasn't in Pro Bowl form once he came back. I'm not ready to give up on one of the best Bengals we've had in recent years because he's having a down year  (for him).

That's just it....you get a suspension (he was here in preseason....they just didn't play him)....you had a hand in our playoff debacle....and you show up like that? ***** disrespectful and a lack of professionalism if you ask me.  I am more than diappointed.....I hate to talk about my favorite player on the team.  It's time he got his ass in shape....play like he's capable of....and shut me up. That's bush league.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Pacman signed a multi year deal, they're not going to cut him.

And trading Burfict would be a terrible idea, imo. We are really weak at LB. Unless you think Vigil is going to be an impact player as early as next season we need to keep the one good LB we have.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pacman signed a multi year deal, they're not going to cut him.

And trading Burfict would be a terrible idea, imo. We are really weak at LB. Unless you think Vigil is going to be an impact player as early as next season we need to keep the one good LB we have.

Pac signed a 3 year deal with 6 million guaranteed. All the guaranteed money was paid up front via signing bonus and a $4 million roster bonus. He can easily be cut this off-season if they're inclined to do so.

If Tez continues his current level of play (which I said was the only way I'd consider a trade), then no...he's not a good LB. He looks like "a guy" right now. A relatively expensive "guy" with injury issues and a giant target on his back. I hope he gets back on track, but if he doesn't, what kind of message does it send to keep an overweight half-assing LB on the team? Love me some Tez, but he needs to shape up. Anyone can be replaced via FA or draft.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 01:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pac signed a 3 year deal with 6 million guaranteed. All the guaranteed money was paid up front via signing bonus and a $4 million roster bonus. He can easily be cut this off-season if they're inclined to do so.

If Tez continues his current level of play (which I said was the only way I'd consider a trade), then no...he's not a good LB. He looks like "a guy" right now. A relatively expensive "guy" with injury issues and a giant target on his back. I hope he gets back on track, but if he doesn't, what kind of message does it send to keep an overweight half-assing LB on the team? Love me some Tez, but he needs to shape up. Anyone can be replaced via FA or draft.
Yeah we can cut Pacman but we won't because"loyalty"
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 01:58 AM)J24 Wrote: Yeah we can cut Pacman but we won't because"loyalty"

Tell that to Rudi, Delthea, Willie, and many others who were released with years left on their contracts.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 01:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pac signed a 3 year deal with 6 million guaranteed. All the guaranteed money was paid up front via signing bonus and a $4 million roster bonus. He can easily be cut this off-season if they're inclined to do so.

But the way Mike Brown would look at it is "We have already paid Adam to play for us.  If we release him we will have to pay more for a replacement."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 10:32 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: that fat useless Peko.....he's can't supply any pressure and kills the run defense .

He should have been cut after the playoff loss for this 15 yard penalty. Inexcusable for any player to do, especially in a playoff game, and imo is something that definitely warrants getting released for. 

[Image: eda157fb5c3029c3005a3fbf6be1ad9a.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
The ENTIRE DEFENSE....

so we lost our 3rd cb leon hall and 1 safty in nelson who had a great year last year... but the rest is still the same and supposedly healthy. Yet where is the defense.

I expected some struggles on offense with the loss of Sanu and Jones. (eifert*) But it seems the struggle has been mainly on the OL part of that could be cause no one getting open.. but the OL has played like complete crap for most of this season.

Our 2 biggest strengths from last season decided not to show up this year. I just don't get it.

at least we still have Andy Dalton. to bad the rest of the team is falling apart
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 01:12 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He should have been cut after the playoff loss for this 15 yard penalty. Inexcusable for any player to do, especially in a playoff game, and imo is something that definitely warrants getting released for. 
peko yeah I was ready for him to go 2 years ago. and maybe would have been gone if not for the mishap with billings
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The ENTIRE DEFENSE....

so we lost our 3rd cb leon hall and 1 safty in nelson who had a great year last year...  but the rest is still the same and supposedly healthy.  Yet where is the defense.  

I expected some struggles on offense with the loss of Sanu and Jones. (eifert*)  But it seems the struggle has been mainly on the OL part of that could be cause no one getting open.. but the OL has played like complete crap for most of this season.

Our 2 biggest strengths from last season decided not to show up this year.  I just don't get it.

at least we still have Andy Dalton.    to bad the rest of the team is falling apart

You know it's bad, when there's not one moron making a thread about how Andy Dalton needs to go.

They had to make a compiled thread for that in the past, because there were so many!

Way to many holes in the ship now to blame it all on Dalton.

Or is there...   ?  Nervous
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the way Mike Brown would look at it is "We have already paid Adam to play for us.  If we release him we will have to pay more for a replacement."

You won't find any disagreement with me on that. That's why I said "if they're inclined to do so". They have released players with years left on their deals, but I don't know if they ever have cut a guy 1 year after giving him around $6 million to sign. 
Reply/Quote
To me it is a tie between Og, Adam and Burfict.

In the end i went with Burfict, he gained tons of weight and seems to have even lost his mental savvy.

The LB'ers have been terrible this year, him included. Always out of position it seems and cannot tackle.

Thought he would right the ship when he came back, but no.

Og was a major disappointment i am not going to lie but he is essentially a rookie coming off injury.

Adam has been bad this year in lots of ways. Hopefully he still has it in the return game and we use him there.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict can easily get back on track if he gets in better shape. He has really high football IQ, and is still feared around the league as an enforcer. The guy missed the entire preseason and the first 3 games. I'm not suprised he wasn't in Pro Bowl form once he came back. I'm not ready to give up on one of the best Bengals we've had in recent years because he's having a down year  (for him).
I have been disappointed in Burfict this season too. But, your points give me hope that he will get back to his former self. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
If you are asking for the biggest disappointment, and not who's playing the worst, I vote for Geno. And that's simply because he was so hyped about being unstoppable this year...ie Geno on another level. So far we haven't seen much. In fact, when they showed him on the screen in the Washington game I thought to myself I forgot he was even playing. And yes I know he's double teamed, he's always doubled and always has been..... to me he is the biggest disappointment because the pre season hype had my hopes for him way up.....
Reply/Quote