Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should be Bengals next Head Coach?!
Guarantee who ever it is they were fired and failed miserably at their last job, or some coordinator with no hc experience who we have to hope turns out to be a stud, because we will be stuck with him for a minimum of 5 years
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 09:06 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: This team needs fire and motivation on the sidelines. MCDANIELS OR GRUDEN

Please not Gruden.  I would take McDaniels though
Reply/Quote
I brought up Chris Peterson a few weeks ago in another thread about this subject.

My reason is that he has gone to 2 places and taken those programs to the next level. He made Boise State a perennial bowl team....and took UW to the playoffs in his first year at that program. Thats what the Bengals need...someone to take them to the next level.
Reply/Quote
Gary Kubiak
Reply/Quote
We all know it will be Guenther. He is already a Mikey "Yes man" and will not have to be Bengalized....Because he already is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Matt Patricia is my personal favorite, with Josh McDaniels being a close 2nd.

However, there's another guy that I also think would be very interesting - and a great hire as well - and that's David Shaw. He's be very successful as Stanford's head coach, has NFL coaching experience with the Eagles, Raiders and Ravens and has a creative offensive mind.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 05:47 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Please provide your top selection and reasoning.

The one thing I will say is that I'd go offense, our D will be just fine with Guenther.

Nagy is my first choice. OC on the Chiefs, also like Lafleur, Peterson, McDaniels, Patricia....

Hell, i would take Jim Bob Cooter and know we have upgraded, it be that bad.

I think we have a lot of good players to work with and if we just did a Vike move and went all in on O-line we would be good.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Was just about to add Pat to this list lol. I think hes ready for another HC shot along with Todd Haley.

Yeah Shurmer was a victim of the train wreck that is the Browns. He was actually 5-11 his final year there. He has been successful as an offensive coach wherever he's been and has an extensive background in O-Lines. He was a vital cog in Philly's resurgence.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just out of curiousity, for those advocating white coaches, who do you think will be the token black guy Mike Brown interviews to fulfill the NFL's racist Rooney rule?

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 03:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Just out of curiousity, for those advocating white coaches, who do you think will be the token black guy Mike Brown interviews to fulfill the NFL's racist Rooney rule?

Ninja

Not sure the reasoning behind this question. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 05:01 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Not sure the reasoning behind this question. 

I thought it fairly obvious: systemic racism needs to be eradicated in America. I mean, how much more obvious can I be? Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 01:54 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: We all know it will be Guenther. He is already a Mikey "Yes man" and will not have to be Bengalized....Because he already is.

Bite your tongue !!!!!!

But I agree. Boomer saying publicly that there were no potential HCs on board only made Mike Brown more determined to prove him wrong... And fail.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 05:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I thought it fairly obvious: systemic racism needs to be eradicated in America. I mean, how much more obvious can I be? Mellow

So are you saying that the NFL rule of interviewing a minority contributes to this?  You claim token interview yet we've had an african american head coach for the last 15 seasons.
Reply/Quote
Let's keep the topic on football.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 05:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's keep the topic on football.

Agreed. The guy brought it up out of nowhere and makes no sense even when he speaks about it.
Reply/Quote
After hearing his name of also be interested in Schumer, or about any coordinator that has some big success.
Reply/Quote
Teryl Austin, Schurmer.

Personally, not interested in any Patriots coaches.

Bob Stoops.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 05:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I thought it fairly obvious: systemic racism needs to be eradicated in America. I mean, how much more obvious can I be? Mellow

Then your question is racist since the skin color of the candidates should play no part in their qualification.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 05:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's keep the topic on football.

Yes please! I see the Rooney Rule as a positive.

I personally like Brian Billick because when he coached the Ravens, they played like how I want the Bengals to play. I would take Tony Dungy in a hummingbird’s heartbeat but I don’t think he’s interested in coaching again — and I think the Bengals need a meaner coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 01:40 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Gary Kubiak

He wants to be an OC only Might be a match if you
We hire Pauly or keep marv
Reply/Quote