Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should we add when Driskel goes on IR or cut/add?
I have a feeling Will Clarke will take Driskell's spot if he clears wavers, Russell will go to PS when Jones comes back, and Nickerson will go to PS when Burfict comes back. If the TE group gets fully healthy in the next couple of weeks without sustaining injuries in other groups, I could see Carter going to PS and either of Nickerson or Russell comes back up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I have a feeling Will Clarke will take Driskell's spot if he clears wavers,  Russell will go to PS when Jones comes back, and Nickerson will go to PS when Burfict comes back.  If the TE group gets fully healthy in the next couple of weeks without sustaining injuries in other groups, I could see Carter going to PS and either of Nickerson or Russell comes back up.

Well hopefully no injuries in week #1, but seems we always have at least one to create roster room. I would be surprised if Russel is cut, but if he is I am not even sure he is eligible for the practice squad being as he was on our active roster most of last year. I just don't see Carter lasting, we have never kept 4 TE's and an HBack to my knowledge.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well hopefully no injuries in week #1, but seems we always have at least one to create roster room. I would be surprised if Russel is cut, but if he is I am not even sure he is eligible for the practice squad being as he was on our active roster most of last year. I just don't see Carter lasting, we have never kept 4 TE's and an HBack to my knowledge.

You can now have two "veterans" on the PS that allows more than 6 games active in two accrued seasons.  I can't recall the exact wording, but basically the new rule means that if you were drafted in 2015 or 2016, you are eligible for the PS, regardless of how much active time you have.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You can now have two "veterans" on the PS that allows more than 6 games active in two accrued seasons.  I can't recall the exact wording, but basically the new rule means that if you were drafted in 2015 or 2016, you are eligible for the PS, regardless of how much active time you have.

TY, Did not know that new rule!

I may be wrong, but would be surprised if Russel gets cut, I thought he played well in preseason.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY, Did not know that new rule!

I may be wrong, but would be surprised if Russel gets cut, I thought he played well in preseason.

Agreed, but he is at the bottom of the DB depth, so he would be the guy to go...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Agreed, but he is at the bottom of the DB depth, so he would be the guy to go...

I have seen us keep 10 Db's in the past. We only have 9 so adding Pacman gets us to 10.

Reply/Quote
Add Jeremy McNichols, who was cut from Bucs due to crowded RB room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not the best place to look. But 4 Lions OL we should look at.

Koundjio
Brandon thomas
Cornelius lucas
Storm norton

The top 3 were cut. Norton made their practice squad. Thomas and lucas made their initial 53 but were cut to make room for claims.
Reply/Quote
Nick Mangold.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 02:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Add Jeremy McNichols, who was cut from Bucs due to crowded RB room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pounding the table for McNichols but after reading about how he was this pre season I was actually shocked at how bad he performed. There might be some potential there, but man it was pretty depressing reading about him. Heck I wanted this guy in the 4th if we didn't pick a RB by then.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 06:05 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I was pounding the table for McNichols but after reading about how he was this pre season I was actually shocked at how bad he performed. There might be some potential there, but man it was pretty depressing reading about him. Heck I wanted this guy in the 4th if we didn't pick a RB by then.

Have you watched Hard Knocks?

He doesn't seem to be able to learn the offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 05:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Nick Mangold.

33 years old coming off ankle surgery and wants $$

No. And thank you.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
i hope we claim zach banner.

First guy cut i would really really love to get
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 05:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Nick Mangold.

He's a bit worn but at least throw an offer out there, never know. 
Reply/Quote
I think Dorian Johnson G Pitt was the earliest draft pick from this year waived. He was 4th round, pick 8. Arizona ps'd him.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 08:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We will IR Driskel today  (for this week) opening up 1 roister spot. Then mext week we know we have an opening when have a cut when Jones comes back.

I just keep getting this feeling that Driskel will sit on the 53 for a week, then go to IR and make room for Jones. In a few weeks when Burfict comes back, Nickerson will head to the PS.

It just feels like a Bengals kinda move.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 02:37 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I just keep getting this feeling that Driskel will sit on the 53 for a week, then go to IR and make room for Jones. In a few weeks when Burfict comes back, Nickerson will head to the PS.

It just feels like a Bengals kinda move.

I am nit sure what you mean by a Bengals kind of move, but I was surprised they did not put Driskel on the IR yesterday and replace him with someone. I am hoping they are waiting for someone to clear waivers and then sign them today.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 09:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am nit sure what you mean by a Bengals kind of move, but I was surprised they did not put Driskel on the IR yesterday and replace him with someone. I am hoping they are waiting for someone to clear waivers and then sign them today.

Could it be done yesterday?  I was thinking players had to be on the roster today in order to return later on.

It is entirely possible that the injury isn't expected to take long to heal, and the team doesn't want to be stuck with him healthy but waiting for week 8 to come back and someone throws an awesome offer for AJM at us and we have to turn it down because Driskell is not yet available.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 09:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always liked David Johnson as a blocker and the former Steeler TE is now available.

I would cut Carter and hopefully get him to the practice squad

I would like at adding Boone also for Injured QB Driskel who goes on IR tomorrow

Who do you like?

I would vote Williams, the Safety.  He could work in the return game, and coverage units.   Someone is likely to pluck this guy off our PS.  I think his long term impact could be a good one.  
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 11:52 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Could it be done yesterday?  I was thinking players had to be on the roster today in order to return later on.

It is entirely possible that the injury isn't expected to take long to heal, and the team doesn't want to be stuck with him healthy but waiting for week 8 to come back and someone throws an awesome offer for AJM at us and we have to turn it down because Driskell is not yet available.

May be, but strange to not put an injured #3 QB on IR that can return later if needed.

Reply/Quote