Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should we add when Driskel goes on IR or cut/add?
(09-04-2017, 12:37 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:
I would vote Williams, the Safety
.  He could work in the return game, and coverage units.   Someone is likely to pluck this guy off our PS.  I think his long term impact could be a good one.  

Do you mean Wilson?

The teams have no tape on him so I think he is safe on our PS for now, but you never know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: May be, but strange to not put an injured #3 QB on IR that can return later if needed.

But he can't come back before week 8, which is the trade deadline.  In other words, if he is able to return in 3 weeks, and a starting QB goes down on a club who is willing to throw us a pile of picks for AJM, we can do the deal.  If he is on IR designated to return, we have to find another QB in the mean time to back up Andy in order to do the deal.

Obviously I'm speculating, but it is a possibility.
Reply/Quote
Driskel was officially placed on IR. Next move should come soon.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Over 1100 players were just cut.

I understand picman is coming back. But someone has to be worth a look.

If we stay with 52 im affraid i have to blame mike brown cheapness and nothing else
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 04:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Over 1100 players were just cut.

If we stay with 52 im affraid i have to blame mike brown cheapness and nothing else

(09-04-2017, 04:44 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:

There you go..

Bengal kinda move. No reason to sign somebody and take a look, just roll with 52 and then activate Jones. This is how the Bengals front office operates. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Is a guaranteed salary for the season worth a look?  Beause that will be the scenario...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 10:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Is a guaranteed salary for the season worth a look?  Beause that will be the scenario...

That is only true of vested veterans.  Guys with 4 or more years.

Plenty of guys out there where that wouldnt be the case.
Reply/Quote

Why would you pick someone up for 1 week when a starter is due back week 2?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Not worth wasting the time energy you get somebody in maybe you sign them tomorrow they practice three days basically a waste of time and energy. Also can't they just deactivate 6 instead of 7 players
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 09:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always liked David Johnson as a blocker and the former Steeler TE is now available.

I would cut Carter and hopefully get him to the practice squad

I would like at adding Boone also for Injured QB Driskel who goes on IR tomorrow

Who do you like?

You wouldn't have to cut someone once you released Driskel and placed him on IR
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 12:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You wouldn't have to cut someone once you released Driskel and placed him on IR

I suggested 2 signings (Boone and David Johnson) now and not after week 1 when Jones gets back.

But it is very strange to me we only have a 52 man roster. Are they working on signing a 4+ year vet after week one so no guaranteed salary? Or is there some type of rule if someone tries t o sign one of our practice squad guys, we can sign them instead???

52 is very strange and don't ever recall us not having a full roster. I recall is signing guys and cutting them one week later in the past.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't understand why the Bengals would care to have Driskel as an option to bring back from IR unless they hope to move McCarron before the end of the season.
Or perhaps they want Driskel to have an opportunity to continue his growth before the end of the year? Is he not allowed to even practice if he's technically on IR?

A team rarely ever uses its 3rd QB, so this one was always a head scratcher.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly don't understand why the Bengals would care to have Driskel as an option to bring back from IR unless they hope to move McCarron before the end of the season.
Or perhaps they want Driskel to have an opportunity to continue his growth before the end of the year? Is he not allowed to even practice if he's technically on IR?

A team rarely ever uses its 3rd QB, so this one was always a head scratcher.

My understanding is the Bengals can IR as many guys as they want without penalty, but can only bring 2 back from IR. So it appears there is no risk placing him on IR. A lot can happen in 8 weeks (time they have to decide if they want to bring him off IR).

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 01:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My understanding is the Bengals can IR as many guys as they want without penalty, but can only bring 2 back from IR. So it appears there is no risk placing him on IR. A lot can happen in 8 weeks (time they have to decide if they want to bring him off IR).

My point was more they must think really highly of Driskel to care to bring him back from IR if Dalton were to go down vs just bringing in some vet on minimum deal to back up McCarron. Or maybe they think/hope they could move McCarron midway through the season and then bring back Driskel to actually back up Dalton.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Typical Bengals. The only team in the league to start the season with a 52 man roster..... They could have held onto Wilson or Williams for special teams help and them moved whichever one to the practice squad when Jones came back. They deserve to be mocked for being cheap.

They think they are fine with the roster, even as other teams (contenders let alone teams that went 6-9-1) made moves. When we don't win a playoff game again, I don't want to hear the excuses that Mike wants to win.....

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 02:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Typical Bengals. The only team in the league to start the season with a 52 man roster..... They could have held onto Wilson or Williams for special teams help and them moved whichever one to the practice squad when Jones came back. They deserve to be mocked for being cheap.

They think they are fine with the roster, even as other teams (contenders let alone teams that went 6-9-1) made moves. When we don't win a playoff game again, I don't want to hear the excuses that Mike wants to win.....

Are you guys for real?

STs help? The 53rd man would be inactive FFS, why are you people making a big deal about this?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 02:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Typical Bengals. The only team in the league to start the season with a 52 man roster..... They could have held onto Wilson or Williams for special teams help and them moved whichever one to the practice squad when Jones came back.  They deserve to be mocked for being cheap.

They would have had to cut them to get down to 53, then put Driskel on IR, then re-sign them, then they wouldn't even be active this week and would be cut right after the game to bring Adam back. What would that accomplish? 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 03:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Are you guys for real?

STs help? The 53rd man would be inactive FFS, why are you people making a big deal about this?

Thank you! I was going to point that out, only a certain number actually dress for the game. I believe 46 is number...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 03:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: They would have had to cut them to get down to 53, then put Driskel on IR, then re-sign them, then they wouldn't even be active this week and would be cut right after the game to bring Adam back. What would that accomplish? 

It's not like teams don't do this. We are short , 2 safety's (Williams hurt, Fed needed to start), and cb (Dennard, Shaw needed to take majority of their snaps on D), we've lost our rb ace, sooooo who's taking his spot on teams, all these players no longer available for teams against Baltimore, all which would have been used primarily on teams. Special teams will pay the price. It's almost certain. We are about to see what happens when special teams ace's are needed to start, and can't play as many snaps on teams.

You guys aren't thinking big picture at all. So now we are able to dress all 4 dt's (when we usually only dress 3) Well that's great. Maybe Billings or Glasgow can be a gunner.....

Maybe now since we can activate all of our Guards. Maybe one can return some kicks for us. These are the players that will be active now that we have 52 man roster. This doesn't help special teams at all. C'mon guys.......

Reply/Quote