Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should we add when Driskel goes on IR or cut/add?
(09-05-2017, 03:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's not like teams don't do this. We are short , 2 safety's (Williams hurt, Fed needed to start), and cb (Dennard, Shaw needed to take majority of their snaps on D), we've lost our rb ace, sooooo who's taking his spot on teams, all these players no longer available for teams against Baltimore, all which would have been used primarily on teams. Special teams will pay the price. It's almost certain. We are about to see what happens when special teams ace's are needed to start, and can't play as many snaps on teams.

You guys aren't thinking big picture at all. So now we are able to dress all 4 dt's (when we usually only dress 3) Well that's great. Maybe Billings or Glasgow can be a gunner.....

Maybe now since we can activate all of our Guards. Maybe one can return some kicks for us. These are the players that will be active now that we have 52 man roster. This doesn't help special teams at all. C'mon guys.......

Crazy ppeople are defending this non move. 

In the NFL you are always supposed to be looking to get better. Always evaluating.

Any move is better than no move.

We could have brought in one of the 1100+ guys released and at least taken a look. 

We did nothing. Not even gonna try to see if there may be a decent player out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 03:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's not like teams don't do this. We are short , 2 safety's (Williams hurt, Fed needed to start), and cb (Dennard, Shaw needed to take majority of their snaps on D), we've lost our rb ace, sooooo who's taking his spot on teams, all these players no longer available for teams against Baltimore, all which would have been used primarily on teams. Special teams will pay the price. It's almost certain. We are about to see what happens when special teams ace's are needed to start, and can't play as many snaps on teams.

You guys aren't thinking big picture at all. So now we are able to dress all 4 dt's (when we usually only dress 3) Well that's great. Maybe Billings or Glasgow can be a gunner.....

Maybe now since we can activate all of our Guards. Maybe one can return some kicks for us. These are the players that will be active now that we have 52 man roster. This doesn't help special teams at all. C'mon guys.......

The Bengals will have enough non lineman to fill the 10 kick coverage spots. If they didn't they would bring someone in. Are you honestly telling me you think they will be running Glasgow or a guard out as our gunner? Lmao this site is full of drama queens

We have 3-4 LB's, then Shaw, Dennard, Jackson, Russell, Smith, along with several WR's and TE's capable of filling  all 10 spots on kick coverage if needed. If the team felt they needed someone they would sign them, if it makes it easier to understand just pretend Driskel is still on the roster this week, he would be inactive and we'd be in the exact same boat!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another WR!
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly don't understand why the Bengals would care to have Driskel as an option to bring back from IR unless they hope to move McCarron before the end of the season.
Or perhaps they want Driskel to have an opportunity to continue his growth before the end of the year? Is he not allowed to even practice if he's technically on IR?

A team rarely ever uses its 3rd QB, so this one was always a head scratcher.

(09-05-2017, 01:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My point was more they must think really highly of Driskel to care to bring him back from IR if Dalton were to go down vs just bringing in some vet on minimum deal to back up McCarron. Or maybe they think/hope they could move McCarron midway through the season and then bring back Driskel to actually back up Dalton.

Players on IR cannot practice, however I believe those with the Return designation are given a waiver for a few weeks to practice before returning or being shut down for good.  If Driskell is expected to take the back up role from AJM, he is going to need to get more practice time in while he can.
Reply/Quote

**7** GUYS WILL BE INACTIVE. 6 NOW WITH ONLY 52 ON THE ROSTER. WHAT AREN"T YOU UNDERSTANDING ABOUT AN EXTRA PERSON NOT EVEN SUTING UP?!

Seriously, it doesn't compute in reality like you are thinking in your head. We're down 2 safeties? Dress a WR and have him play teams for the Ss. Or dress a CB. Or Carter, who wasn't going to be active in the first place.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 06:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Crazy ppeople are defending this non move. 

In the NFL you are always supposed to be looking to get better. Always evaluating.

Any move is better than no move.

We could have brought in one of the 1100+ guys released and at least taken a look. 

We did nothing. Not even gonna try to see if there may be a decent player out there.

No, practical people are seeing this non-move as NOT a big deal.

Nobody is defending anything or praising it; it literally is just as important as the crap you took this morning (if you indeed did so). Looking to get better? How is any team going to get better if they sign a guy for literally 4 days worth of partial work, then sit him on Sunday, only to have him get cut on Monday when Adam comes back? Like drafting OL in the 6th round; why waste your time with **** when it is nothing more than ****? If you're looking to get better, retain your good guys or make a splash in FA, don't pick up trash just because, "you need it," its still trash and it will most-likely always be trash.

Your eyes are bigger than your stomach and the lack of practicality is showing; this is a completely MOOT non-move, period.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: **7** GUYS WILL BE INACTIVE. 6 NOW WITH ONLY 52 ON THE ROSTER. WHAT AREN"T YOU UNDERSTANDING ABOUT AN EXTRA PERSON NOT EVEN SUTING UP?!

Seriously, it doesn't compute in reality like you are thinking in your head. We're down 2 safeties? Dress a WR and have him play teams for the Ss. Or dress a CB. Or Carter, who wasn't going to be active in the first place.

7 guys will be inactive, now 6..... My point exactly. That 4th DT or 3rd guard won't help special teams. Act like you don't get my point all you want, but I'd rather have the 7 inactive including that typical 4th DT or extra Guard that we usually keep inactive, and have that extra roster spot on the 46 for someone (cb, rb, safety) that can help on special teams. Counting on players to play special teams who are needed to play majority of their snaps on defense for injured and suspended players isn't good.... So either our Defense is going to suffer (because starters are playing special teams), or our Special teams will suffer. But thankfully we'll have that extra DT or Guard (Carter was going to be active regardless due to our injuries to TE's) active right.....

But let's keep acting like teams go into the season with 52 man rosters all the time......

Bengals were being either cheap, or lazy. Either way those aren't championship qualities.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 10:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: 7 guys will be inactive, now 6..... My point exactly. That 4th DT or 3rd guard won't help special teams. Act like you don't get my point all you want, but I'd rather have the 7 inactive including that typical 4th DT or extra Guard that we usually keep inactive, and have that extra roster spot on the 46 for someone (cb, rb, safety) that can help on special teams. Counting on players to play special teams who are needed to play majority of their snaps on defense for injured and suspended players isn't good.... So either our Defense is going to suffer (because starters are playing special teams), or our Special teams will suffer. But thankfully we'll have that extra DT or Guard (Carter was going to be active regardless due to our injuries to TE's) active right.....

But let's keep acting like teams go into the season with 52 man rosters all the time......

Bengals were being either cheap, or lazy. Either way those aren't championship qualities.

I understand where you're coming from, obviously. I'm saying I don't get why this is a big deal. Plainly, they aren't going to sign someone for 3 days, who isn't going to play and then get cut.

Its a stupid business decision, its a stupid decision from a practice standpoint (because they will take away reps from guys who need it) and with your little shpiel about teams, it can be debunked with this;

When's the last time Adam Jones played gunner or any other ST's position, aside from returner? Because that's the spot the guy would take.

Championship teams? lol Yeah, because if the Patriots or Packers ever had this issue, they WOULD sign somebody for no reason other than to take up money, space and practice reps, from players that need it more Rolleyes

Stop it. This is a moot issue, period. For the second time.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they should do like Texas A&M, and have a fan be their 53rd player! Just sit at the end of the bench in your street clothes eating hot dogs for your payment....

I agree Truck, this is moot and very silly listening to bellyache about nothing..
Reply/Quote