Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who wants Quinton Spain back?
(05-13-2022, 04:55 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

If we could get Tretter or a proven offensive center and move Karras to the LG spot where he has been above average then its the line that we want to put us right there! In all honesty I "stink" JC. I'm rooting for Volson a glass eater from a small school thats played football at a high level. Watch this guys film and hes impressive for sure.

Volson looks like a stud in all his film no doubt. But so did Carman at Clemson before the back injury.

Tretter sounds ideal if we want to move Karras and the coaches, namely Pollack think Carman is not the answer cause of his injury.

Sounds like Pollack and the coaches think the injury is behind Carman and if that is the case I expect a lot of people to not be
posting on this board when Carman plays great. All Jackson Carman has to work on is his hand placement and putting him at LG
lets him work where he is comfortable and he will jack the strongest NT's in the league up if he lives up to his talent. Mauling
blocker against elite unlike Volson where he was a man amongst boys.

Jackson Carman dominated top Ends in college at Clemson unlike Cordell Volson at North Dakota State.
Reply/Quote
Gimme Riley Reiff
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gimme Riley Reiff

Sure would be nice to have him available first off the bench over Prince. If he doesn’t retire, or land a starting job somewhere, bringing him back would be a smart move.

Reply/Quote
I'd like Reiff back as well, but we have heard nothing about his ankle. It must be really screwed up.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 10:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd like Reiff back as well, but we have heard nothing about his ankle. It must be really screwed up.

It doesn't sound good. I found this article from right before the Super Bowl. Apparently he had surgery around December 12th and as of February 9th, he was still on crutches and in a cast. 
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 10:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Volson looks like a stud in all his film no doubt. But so did Carman at Clemson before the back injury.

Tretter sounds ideal if we want to move Karras and the coaches, namely Pollack think Carman is not the answer cause of his injury.

Sounds like Pollack and the coaches think the injury is behind Carman and if that is the case I expect a lot of people to not be
posting on this board when Carman plays great. All Jackson Carman has to work on is his hand placement and putting him at LG
lets him work where he is comfortable and he will jack the strongest NT's in the league up if he lives up to his talent. Mauling
blocker against elite unlike Volson where he was a man amongst boys.

Jackson Carman dominated top Ends in college at Clemson unlike Cordell Volson at North Dakota State.

We don't want Tretter. He's 31, although he played every game he did not practice at all last season due to his knee injuries. Do we really want to spend 10 million on an old center who can't practice because of his knees? How is the rest of the line supposed to get in rhythm?
Reply/Quote
I do.
Reply/Quote
Spain was good for us last season but he wasn't impressive enough that the Bengals, or other teams, are throwing money at him for a multi-year deal. If Duke and Zac want him back, I'll trust the decision. If they don't, I'll also trust their judegment.
Reply/Quote
There wouldn’t be a better backup in the league

Or he could start if Carmen nor Volson take charge of the open line spot
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 10:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We don't want Tretter. He's 31, although he played every game he did not practice at all last season due to his knee injuries. Do we really want to spend 10 million on an old center who can't practice because of his knees? How is the rest of the line supposed to get in rhythm?

I did not pay a lot of attention to the free agent market this year, but I know a lot of people here are absolutely obsessed with Tretter.  I had no idea he was that old and damaged.

I think I am going to be cutting and pasting this info in a lot of threads.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 03:28 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I agree on bringing in an offensive tackle as well because we have next to nothing behind the starters.
Maybe I'm alone but I thought that Reiff would've been perfect for what he's needed to be for this team and thats a veteran swing tackle. As for Spain this may be the best culture for him to continue his career and I'm sure his agent has convoyed that to him. The moral of the story is that its likely a player that wants more than he's worth around the league because of a SB appearance. As much as he may not want to believe it. The "play" may have ruined his earning potential. Its no doubt in my mind that the Bengals made an offer.

I would have to disagree with this assessment. D'Ante Smith played very well last season when he went in for Jonah Williams and I actually could see him as the heir apparent when the contract of Williams is up. Personally, I believe Carman should be working behind Collins as the back up RT.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not pay a lot of attention to the free agent market this year, but I know a lot of people here are absolutely obsessed with Tretter.  I had no idea he was that old and damaged.

Even though he is (was) considered a top 5 Center, no one has signed him for a reason. No one wants a 31 year old with bad knees that can't practice that is going to demand that kind of money. We shouldn't either.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 08:03 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would have to disagree with this assessment. D'Ante Smith played very well last season when he went in for Jonah Williams and I actually could see him as the heir apparent when the contract of Williams is up. Personally, I believe Carman should be working behind Collins as the back up RT.

Tiger

The only active backup is Isaiah Prince because we've seen the most of him.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 09:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Even though he is (was) considered a top 5 Center, no one has signed him for a reason. No one wants a 31 year old with bad knees that can't practice that is going to demand that kind of money. We shouldn't either.

Because he is the NFLPA Lead and spoke out after the Watson contract telling his fellow players that now was the time to try to push for fully guaranteed contracts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 01:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because he is the NFLPA Lead and spoke out after the Watson contract telling his fellow players that now was the time to try to push for fully guaranteed contracts.

Tiger

He could very well be black listed and I really didn't think of it until this post. This guy may not play this year but its crazy because these owners have so much power to get you out of the league. The NFL union is the weakest in sports imo. That would never go down in the MLB or NBA.
Most give the NBA second hand treatment but they're Union is soooo powerful!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not pay a lot of attention to the free agent market this year, but I know a lot of people here are absolutely obsessed with Tretter.  I had no idea he was that old and damaged.

LOL He's 31, That's not all that old.
He also has only missed 1 game in the last five years. 

I think he's Vet enough that he can skip practices, since he's still playing at a high level.

Anyways, I don't think anyone on here has said sign him for $10M. I'd be ok with $6M or less. In his prime, he would have been worth that 10, but he's not going to find a long line of suitors, besides, he has a shortlist of teams he would play for. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 02:38 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL He's 31, That's not all that old.

I think he's Vet enough that he can skip practices, since he's still playing at a high level.

Anyways, I don't think anyone on here has said sign him for $10M. I'd be ok with $6M or less. In his prime, he would have been worth that 10, but he's not going to find a long line of suitors, besides, he has a shortlist of teams he would play for. 
Tiger
Im just not sure Katie will give him 6-10millon. In that situation its about whats right and absurd. I've said it too many times to list. If you give up the riches you'll get the spoils. Now is he a great backup absolutely!
Who is your starter? My money is on Volson because hes solid!
https://youtu.be/p29FIWuLIR8
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 02:38 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL He's 31, That's not all that old.

And that 1 game was from COVID, not even an injury. He's not missed a single other SNAP in those 5 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If we go this route of bringing in another vet oline guy I want Tretter so Karras can move to LG.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 03:32 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Im just not sure Katie will give him 6-10millon. In that situation its about whats right and absurd. I've said it too many times to list. If you give up the riches you'll get the spoils. Now is he a great backup absolutely!
Who is your starter? My money is on Volson because hes solid!
https://youtu.be/p29FIWuLIR8

How much is a Superbowl ring worth to her....much more then 6 to 10 mill....But i think we get him on the cheap for a shot at a ring to end his carrer.
Reply/Quote