Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants to eat crow over Auden Tate? And also what i expect Sunday
(11-06-2018, 11:12 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: It has gotten to the point wher you ask yourself,what do we have to lose?The Saints are a super bowl caliber team for sure.If I were the head coach,I would start Auden Tate in AJ’s place.And yes,he would play the slot at times on third downs.Move him around,just like they did AJ.

Tate and Green are not even close to being the same type receiver. Tate does not have the speed. He is best used as a possession receiver to move the chains 5 yds. at a time and in the red zone. He is NOT going to stretch the field.
Reply/Quote
Tate better be active on Sunday. He deserves a shot imo. The talent is undeniable and I think we have all seen him flash.
Reply/Quote
1. I doubt if Tate will even be active, we have a bunch of injuries and depending on how they all play out it's not impossible he could be ?

2. If he is active I doubt he sees many snaps 8, 10, 12 ?

3. I'm all for giving Tate a shot it's not like Core and Malone have been tearing it up.

4. Nothing would please me more than to see Tate have 8 catches for 96 yards and a TD. But I'd be just as pleased if it was Malone or Core.

5. I'm a Bengals fan not a playerX fan
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 10:35 AM)motoarch Wrote: Going to be awkward in here when Sunday’s comes and gos and Tate does almost nothing to make anyone eat crow.

Eat your Crow son!!!!

Lord have mercy... We're in some shit if we're relying on Auden Tate...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So most you guys think he wont even have playing time which i agree on that. But for the ones thinking hes too slow and dont think he will be nothing if he got some playing time,them are the ones who should be eating crow if he does. Then you guys are giving yourself a easy out saying if he did youd be happy. So if he does anything good and helps this team if he gets PT. Yall are going to say i never said hed never be any good.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tate and Green are not even close to being the same type receiver. Tate does not have the speed. He is best used as a possession receiver to move the chains 5 yds. at a time and in the red zone. He is NOT going to stretch the field.

His role should not be to stretch the field,the concept is to have a eifert or jimmy graham type of guy. Both them tight ends go out wide or in the slot. But also tate can catch deep balls look at his highlights. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just to make it clear I would be thrilled if tate becomes a good player for the Bengals.  I have never said it was not possible.  I always say you can not judge a player after just one season.  

I just think the amount of hype he gets for doing noting is a little ridiculous.  If all it took to be an unstoppable red zone threat was to be 6'5" with no great speed or leaping ability I am sure every NFL team could find a guy like that.

Because we are trying to win here. We needed another weapon on offense even with green. Nobody has done anything except green and boyd and we got a guy who looked good all camp and made plays in preseason. Thats why he has hype. But i see more people saying he wont be nothing then i see tate fans.
Reply/Quote
The entire NFL passed on drafting Tate, trading for Tate and claiming Tate off the waivers. At what point do we admit that Marvin Lewis isn't the only coach that isn't dying to put this guy on the field?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The entire NFL passed on drafting Tate, trading for Tate and claiming Tate off the waivers.  At what point do we admit that Marvin Lewis isn't the only coach that isn't dying to put this guy on the field?

Ya, butt, ummm, well

Ok it's hard to argue with that

Here's to him proving the doubters wrong, or Malone showing up. finally...

Cheers
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:53 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: So most you guys think he wont even have playing time which i agree on that. But for the ones thinking hes too slow and dont think he will be nothing if he got some playing time,them are the ones who should be eating crow if he does. Then you guys are giving yourself a easy out saying if he did youd be happy. So if he does anything good and helps this team if he gets PT. Yall are going to say i never said hed never be any good.

Visions of Mora shouting...playoffs, playoffs?????

In this case playing time, playing time, inactive, inactive
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:53 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  So if he does anything good and helps this team if he gets PT. Yall are going to say i never said hed never be any good.

That is 100% correct.  You never said he'd never be any good.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The entire NFL passed on drafting Tate, trading for Tate and claiming Tate off the waivers.  At what point do we admit that Marvin Lewis isn't the only coach that isn't dying to put this guy on the field?

This is another that all the doubters keep saying lol how often do other teams snag a guy off a practice squad? They stick with their own guys most the time. How often haved we snagged a receiver off a practice sqauad? So through out history of the nfl you dont thiknk any practice squad guys who got passed over really could play and never giving a shot? Or them preseason guys who come in very late and have literally no shot at making the 53 because of draft status. So none of them guys could ever played in the nfl because the coaches can just know who can play in the nfl. I really think fans just hear stuff and repeat it because it sounds logical. Hardly anybody questions anything or goes outside the box like i do. Its usually the same shit repeated over and over. Hes slow hes slow hes slow, no other team wanted him x 10.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is 100% correct.  You never said he'd never be any good.

What lol
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:53 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: So most you guys think he wont even have playing time which i agree on that. But for the ones thinking hes too slow

4.68 in the 40. I'm not rooting against the guy, I hope he comes in and tears it up. But 4.68 is not what one would call speedy....
Reply/Quote
I do think combine numbers are a bit overrated. Jerry Rice had a slow 40 time.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:40 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: This is another that all the doubters keep saying lol how often do other teams snag a guy off a practice squad? They stick with their own guys most the time. How often haved we snagged a receiver off a practice sqauad? So through out history of the nfl you dont thiknk any practice squad guys who got passed over really could play and never giving a shot? Or them preseason guys who come in very late and have literally no shot at making the 53 because of draft status. So none of them guys could ever played in the nfl because the coaches can just know who can play in the nfl. I really think fans just hear stuff and repeat it because it sounds logical. Hardly anybody questions anything or goes outside the box like i do. Its usually the same shit repeated over and over. Hes slow hes slow hes slow, no other team wanted him x 10.

I'm pretty sure at least one person threatened that if we were stupid enough to release Tate that the Patriots or Steelers would take him in a second and make us very sorry.  Look, I hope Tate is awesome...I just don't see why it's so crazy to have doubts that a 7th round pick who cleared waivers is going to be an immediate star.  
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 03:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure at least one person threatened that if we were stupid enough to release Tate that the Patriots or Steelers would take him in a second and make us very sorry.  Look, I hope Tate is awesome...I just don't see why it's so crazy to have doubts that a 7th round pick who cleared waivers is going to be an immediate star.  

Well hope you are ready to eat your crow. And i never said immediate star. Just a piece on the offense that will help . 
Reply/Quote
I doubt he's active. Having said that, I think the OP is onto something in regards to being a possession receiver and a possible TE/WR kinda role in the red zone. Being a FSU fan, he was about all we had during some lean years. The kid can make highlight reel catches. It may not translate to the NFL, but the film is out there. He's a pretty damn good 50/50 option and in the RZ.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Tate lovers will never eat crow because they willinsist that it is MARVIN'S fault when Tate does nothing.

That seems to be the go-to excuse for poor player performance around here....I like Tate but to me he looks like a guy who will not get separation and have to make a contested catch on every ball thrown his way. If he is active, I don’t see Dalton looking his way much at all.
Reply/Quote
I think it goes without saying that 99.9% of Bengals fans hope Auden Tate is the next Jerry Rice.

That said...

Cody Core
Mario Alford
James Wright
Cobi Hamilton
Ryan Whalen
Armon Binns
Dez Briscoe
Freddie Brown
Mario Urrutia
Bennie Brazell
Tab Perry 

These are every hyped Bengals WR that was drafted in the 6th or 7th round during the Marv era. They've combined to post career numbers (as Bengals) that are nearly identical to the numbers Jordan Shipley posted in his rookie season (500 yards, 4 TDs). Yet it's become an annual tradition to hype the latest guy - to the point we'd rather play the latest puff piece superstar than sign a proven vet. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote