Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants to eat crow over Auden Tate? And also what i expect Sunday
Personally if they go into this game and have him as an option and emergency back up for TE then it's a start.

I think most people on this board would prefer Tate getting a chance over Core.

Malone had some flashes in the past so he'd be preferred for WR 3-4.

Erickson hasn't produced but hasn't been a glaring failure like Core either.

So he'll get the nod for starting and special teams abilities.

This listed above is a common sense summation.

There's no sense getting upset about it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would love to eat some crow over Tate, but he needs to actually prove me wrong first.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 02:27 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: 1st thing, Auden Tate. Im so happy they brought him up this week instead of keeping him on the PS. Now if only they will play him and get him involved in this offense. Which is another thing and why i cant stand our coaches. I think Tate should of already made the 53. He proved in camp and a preseason game he can be clutch and make big catches. Someones going to point out his stats and say he didnt do hardly anything,but he was also playing with all scrubs and not much playing time. Our offense all preseason didnt score much.

So i did my research tonight on Tate some more. He played every wide out position x,y,and z. He was one of their qbs favorite targets and one of their biggest playmakers,on a big program team florida state. He didnt have the qb they have now it was some guy i never heard of. In the youtube comments plenty of fans were wanting to draft Tate they seen something in him. Florida state fans defended him in the comments and they liked the guy. So i also seen so called professionals saying he can be tight end that hes a ok blocker. I agree he could be used there too. Sort of like eifert played tight end and wide receiver. Just imagine this is a huge guy you can line up anywhere to get a big size advantage hes 6'5 almost 6'6. He jumps with his long arms and will go get it out of the air. Hes not scared of hits coming because hes big. His hands are great. People wanted that slow tight end out of penn state because of size but have bad things to say about tate? Doesnt make any sense to me.

So do i think hes going to come in and be a stud? No but i think he can be a important piece of the offense to get us into the playoffs and win a playoff game. Also im hoping we see john ross get some targets and do some good things this game. The aj green injury could be a blessing in disguise because our coaches/management doesnt do nothing unless there is injury or we are out of it. Why i dont know. If we can get these two involved it will be better in the long run.

I dont really expect a win vs the saints this sunday because i found out they have the #1 o line and kamara will most likely eat our linebackers alive. Plus michael thomas, but the thing is ive noticed,their other options arent that good. But i said the same thing about kc and they blew us away because their stars was just unstoppable. But i will give us about a 40% chance of winning IF ross and tate can both produce. Even if we lose if i see either of these guys doing good,i take that as a moral victory and we will end up being a better team because of it. Then if either or both can produce i predict we will beat the ravens.

So who thinks Tate wont make a difference ? Or will he? Lets see whos going to eat the crow on him. If i had money to bet id put money that he will make plays giving playing time. The guy is going to be a mismatch on shorter guys.

Tate will cause an interception and Dalton will not throw to him again all game and I doubt if goofy marvin will play him at all and he should be on the field all game and play Wilson,jefferson,and Phillips. The big excuse for this season is going to be injuries and no team should have all these injuries year after year.Tiime to bring in another conditioning coach,this one SUCKS. And aj green is hurt every year,he is a good receiver,not a great one.Why can't we find a amarie cooper like the cowboys did.That guy is super good ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
My gut says he will largely be a non-factor. Could see some red zone targets, maybe catch a few first downs. But as soon as AJ is back, he will lose his roster spot.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 10:42 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: My gut says he will largely be a non-factor. Could see some red zone targets, maybe catch a few first downs. But as soon as AJ is back, he will lose his roster spot.

But if he actually catches a few first downs, shouldn't that relegate a guy like Core or Malone to PS instead of him?  Because neither of them have done that.  Malone literally had an INT at CAR hit him right between the numbers and bounce into a defender's hands.  Core has dropped a few wide open shots that were on the money.  If this guy gets an opportunity and produces literally anything at all, that's exponentially better than either of those two.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 10:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: But if he actually catches a few first downs, shouldn't that relegate a guy like Core or Malone to PS instead of him?  Because neither of them have done that.  Malone literally had an INT at CAR hit him right between the numbers and bounce into a defender's hands.  Core has dropped a few wide open shots that were on the money.  If this guy gets an opportunity and produces literally anything at all, that's exponentially better than either of those two.

Right.  This is why we wanted Lafell gone so badly.  Now instead of having a ho-hum vet on the field we can throw a bunch of bench guys out there and see if any of them are any good.  If history has taught us anything, there is a good chance next year we will be complaining that Tate is getting in the way of the next late-round guy we want to see get a chance. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 04:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think it goes without saying that 99.9% of Bengals fans hope Auden Tate is the next Jerry Rice.

That said...

Cody Core
Mario Alford
James Wright
Cobi Hamilton
Ryan Whalen
Armon Binns
Dez Briscoe
Freddie Brown
Mario Urrutia
Bennie Brazell
Tab Perry 

These are every hyped Bengals WR that was drafted in the 6th or 7th round during the Marv era. They've combined to post career numbers (as Bengals) that are nearly identical to the numbers Jordan Shipley posted in his rookie season (500 yards, 4 TDs). Yet it's become an annual tradition to hype the latest guy - to the point we'd rather play the latest puff piece superstar than sign a proven vet. 
Again with the Tab Perry on that list thing?  He was never hyped, much less over hyped and he did prove he had some skills in a regular season game and his career was totally derailed by injury.  Please stop putting him on that infamy list.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 10:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: But if he actually catches a few first downs, shouldn't that relegate a guy like Core or Malone to PS instead of him?  Because neither of them have done that.  Malone literally had an INT at CAR hit him right between the numbers and bounce into a defender's hands.  Core has dropped a few wide open shots that were on the money.  If this guy gets an opportunity and produces literally anything at all, that's exponentially better than either of those two.

Why are you assuming Core or Malone, or both are going to not do anything? These guys had the chance to practice the #1 routes with AJ out with AD, I am hopeful these 2 surprise us, if Tate is active I root for him as well.

The assumption Malone and Core will suck and Tate will be the savior make no sense to me. Tate is not the next man up, Malone or Core are next man up. Ross may be next man up as well.

Let's pray someone steps up to help Boyd.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals are tied for second in the NFL in dropped passes...so they ALL need to start catching the football.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why are you assuming Core or Malone, or both are going to not do anything? These guys had the chance to practice the #1 routes with AJ out with AD, I am hopeful these 2 surprise us, if Tate is active I root for him as well.

The assumption Malone and Core will suck and Tate will be the savior make no sense to me. Tate is not the next man up, Malone or Core are next man up. Ross may be next man up as well.

Let's pray someone steps up to help Boyd.

Malone and Core aren't as new as Tate, so the bloom is off the rose.  Next year there is a chance we fall in love with someone else and Auden Tate becomes yesterday's hype.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Malone and Core aren't as new as Tate, so the bloom is off the rose.  Next year there is a chance we fall in love with someone else and Auden Tate becomes yesterday's hype.

Well... weve seen what malone and core and erickson has to offer, we havnt with tate. If tate actually sucked of course i will see what the next guy had to offer. The goal is to win a ring.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:52 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Well... weve seen what malone and core and erickson has to offer, we havnt with tate. If tate actually sucked of course i will see what the next guy had to offer. The goal is to win a ring.

Have we really seen enough Malone, Core, and Erickson to draw conclusions?  Can't theoretical victory be over the next hill?  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 10:39 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Tate will cause an interception and Dalton will not throw to him again all game and I doubt if goofy marvin will play him at all and he should be on the field all game and play Wilson,jefferson,and Phillips. The big excuse for this season is going to be injuries and no team should have all these injuries year after year.Tiime to bring in another conditioning coach,this one SUCKS. And aj green is hurt every year,he is a good receiver,not a great one.Why can't we find a amarie cooper like the cowboys did.That guy is super good ThumbsUp
I was with you till the cooper statement. But yeah i cant wait for the next draft where they hype them up and when the season comes people will say well hes so raw and doesnt know the plays and cant run routes and and hes a rookie it takes 3 years for a player to come to his own and and maybe next year guys we got too many injuries you know, we all knew it was a rebuild. And and we got alex erickson the guy is a stud. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Have we really seen enough Malone, Core, and Erickson to draw conclusions?  Can't theoretical victory be over the next hill?  

Well i have seen enough. Which one doesnt belong to you in the same sentence? Green, boyd, erickson? 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:59 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Well i have seen enough. Which one doesnt belong to you in the same sentence? Green, boyd, erickson? 

Green, because at no point was he declared unfit to be a WR on this team and that he should get out of the way of the young guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 10:39 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Tate will cause an interception and Dalton will not throw to him again all game and I doubt if goofy marvin will play him at all and he should be on the field all game and play Wilson,jefferson,and Phillips. The big excuse for this season is going to be injuries and no team should have all these injuries year after year.Tiime to bring in another conditioning coach,this one SUCKS. And aj green is hurt every year,he is a good receiver,not a great one.Why can't we find a amarie cooper like the cowboys did.That guy is super good ThumbsUp
Phillips is playing.  Duh.  God help me, I have to agree with you about at least taking a look at Jefferson.  And what has Wilson ever done to warrant playing time.  I like the guy but what has he ever shown?

And the bolded, well, the idiocy of those words...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:52 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Well... weve seen what malone and core and erickson has to offer, we havnt with tate. If tate actually sucked of course i will see what the next guy had to offer. The goal is to win a ring.

I have never seen any of those guys without AJ consistently on the field. Now we see them (or 1 of them or Ross) getting some routes AJ ran, we will see.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I feel like Tate is the second coming of Desmond Briscoe around here.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:57 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: But yeah i cant wait for the next draft where they hype them up and when the season comes people will say well hes so raw and doesnt know the plays and cant run routes and and hes a rookie it takes 3 years for a player to come to his own and and maybe next year guys we got too many injuries you know, we all knew it was a rebuild. . 

Because that is exactly what happened with Green, Sanu, Jones, and Boyd, right?

Oh no, wait, that did not happen at all.  But don't let facts get in the way of a good whine.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because that is exactly what happened with Green, Sanu, Jones, and Boyd, right?

Oh no, wait, that did not happen at all.  But don't let facts get in the way of a good whine.

Actually they could never get on the damn field together besides 2015. Sanu and jones on their final year. So yeah when draft time comes and everyone starts getting exstatic about draftees the cycle will continue.
Reply/Quote