Poll: Will you be visiting the bengals.com website as much for news now the forum is going away?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Who will Visit Bengals.com for news etc since there is no forum?
Looking at the poll, I'm shocked at how many people went there for news at all. I get my updates from theScore's app, and my rumors from the boards. If I wanted a ridiculous spin on some news I heard about several hours ago, I would just search for a Denny post. It's been a couple years since I visited the Bengals' main page on purpose.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 09:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The rep should be good to go now. If it's working correctly, you can rep as often as you want. 

How do I rep somebody?
Reply/Quote
I won't go there much anymore. The main page was basically a stop on my way to the boards. Now that the Bengals have dumped all of us, not much reason to go there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 06:09 PM)Harmening Wrote: How do I rep somebody?

Underneath the avatar, click on Rate.  You can give anyone up to 5 points.  
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 06:12 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Underneath the avatar, click on Rate.  You can give anyone up to 5 points.  

Thank you Bonnie. 5 for you. Cool
Reply/Quote
I voted yes because I'm sure I'll pop in there from time to time to look at roster or whatever like that but I'm also sure my visits will be few a far between.
Reply/Quote
Just for kicks...

I have every last post in JN currently (on page 1).
Reply/Quote
I already removed it from my bookmarks. Not that it was useful anyways besides some cool interviews I'm done with giving them any traffic after this bs
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I will go but more for the interviews then Hobs articles.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
To get to those boards, I type in boards.bengals.com. I have been completely bypassing the homepage for years now. Occasionally, I'll check out the front page news, but I usually would get it from a corresponding post about the article in Jungle Noise.

I might visit it more now though....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ill go to watch the videos. I normally don't go to read Hobspin unless im really bored.
Reply/Quote
I am sure this has been said, but if you visit the team site after being spurned then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. It is like going back to a restaurant after they gave you a lousy meal, going back to a partner after being cheated on, going back to the hotel where you got bed bugs, going back to the pool where you got pink eye or crotch rot (sometimes the same name for the same condition, but technically two different conditions), etc. Extending the concept, if you buy merchandise, you are basically saying, "pee in my face and I will still give you my money." Now I realize, for some of you freaks having your face peed on is a turn on you would gladly pay for. If that is you, then it is like you paid your money to get peed on and did not get peed on but you still bought a souvenir on the way out.

Perhaps the point has not been made yet, so let me go ahead and say, "Yes, I am pretty bitter about how I was treated at the mother ship." Thank the heavens I have DP as a role model for how to move on.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Never really went to the main page for "news", usually just to check roster, depth chart, etc. Now, I'll likely go out of my way to get all the info from other sources.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I never really went to Bengals.com to begin with. Sometimes I would check out their videos on rookie introductions or post game stuff, but that was very rare I probably haven't done that in a few years either.
Reply/Quote
Nope. Not very often. There won't really be any need to go there.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Nope, I have no desire to visit that site anymore.
Only time I will visit is if someone posts an interesting link to it. Otherwise screw them. Less traffic = less potential sales.
Reply/Quote
One of the things I liked about our message board was that it tipped me off to stories of Bengal interest from all over. And it did it right away because of our members wide ranging search for Bengal stuff. That will now be here, so I'm sure my page views at the Bengal site will be a declining number.

I can't believe that's what they want.
Reply/Quote
Only went there for the message board. Now, favorited this.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I rarely read Bengals.com because they were the last one's to report stories and Hobspin is obviously biased.

I did check out the Hobson's choice articles sometimes, just to see how he'd put a positive spin on the tough questions he was getting.

I won't even be doing that now. Maybe I'm bitter, but I hope that site goes the way of the dodo now. It'd serve them right.

My sentiments exactly, and that's no waffle! I visited the site for the community, I leave with the community.
Reply/Quote
But, but,, but... HOBSPIN is our pal, our buddy.. He tells us like it is! Hobspin tells us how reverent the guys are right after they get arrested for whatever.. He tells us how much Mikey LOVES US and wants to give back to the community! He tells us about the players who love Cincinnati so much they start foundations in Alabama! Geoff tells us about how great it is to be a New England fan and have a job telling us how wonderful it is to be a Bengals fan and what else could any citizen of the great city of Cincinnati want from the voice of your home town? By God you should build a monument to Geoff Hobson of solid GOLD right on Fountain Square and desicate it to the loving memory of Mikey! Mikey pays his salary after all!
Reply/Quote