Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will give first loss?
Call me a moron but I have this weird feeling our first loss could be the Browns.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Didn't MLJ have 4 TDs the last time we played them?  

Not the same Buffalo....their defense is legit. Them and Arizona will be the Bengals toughest test!!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If the Defense plays next week the way they played today, the Bengals will have to score over 50 to win because those Fieldgoals today will be Touchdowns next week.

My opinion of course but this Defense is suspect.

I suspect that five quarterback sacks and no touchdowns allowed is pretty good.
Reply/Quote
If the defense played as bad as it did today we might lose to the Seahawks. I don't think we will lose but that's the only team I can see coming close in the near future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My guess is Buffalo

We always have a hard time with them, and we always struggle against Rex Ryan defenses

The last time we played a Mouth Ryan defense, we hung about 50 on them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:47 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Call me a moron but I have this weird feeling our first loss could be the Browns.
You're a moron.   You're welcome.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:32 PM)McC Wrote: You're a moron.   You're welcome.

Damn, I was gonna do that! :angry:
Reply/Quote
Ourselves.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If the Defense plays next week the way they played today, the Bengals will have to score over 50 to win because those Fieldgoals today will be Touchdowns next week.

My opinion of course but this Defense is suspect.

I'm not sure the whole D is suspect.  Our D Line is very good.  Our secondary was without Adam Jones most of the game, Iloka all of the game, and DreK was playing hurt.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:30 PM)McC Wrote: The last time we played a Mouth Ryan defense, we hung about 50 on them.

Yup, but he had our number for the prior few games.

And while we defeated Buffalo in our last meeting, the last time we had beaten them was the '88 AFC Championship Game.

Some teams just have another teams number, and Buffalo is that way with us. (like the Dolphins over the Bears, the Pats over the Colts, and the Rams over the NFCW)
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:55 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Not the same Buffalo....their defense is legit. Them and Arizona will be the Bengals toughest test!!

Perhaps but they lost today to weak teams today - teams that we are better than. 

Then again - "any given Sunday" so who knows.

I agree that the Cards and Bills look legit. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:33 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Ourselves.

Don't put yourself on your schedule. 

[Image: 0.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:49 PM)Whacked Wrote: Perhaps but they lost today to weak teams today - teams that we are better than. 

Then again - "any given Sunday" so who knows.

I agree that the Cards and Bills look legit. 

I had to read this post over and over again until I understood what you were saying and once I got it, I was like how did I miss it?

I must be tired that it took me so long to comprehend.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:47 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Call me a moron but I have this weird feeling our first loss could be the Browns.

Thats so stoopid it just might be true. Ninja
Reply/Quote
I'm worried it will be next week. Our D has been suspect...

Reply/Quote
Wasn't worried about the Chiefs.

Next week concerns me. Seattle's secondary is nothing to laugh at, and Russell Wilson is dangerous on his feet. Our defensive line is going to have to keep him contained or else we could be looking at 4-1 by next Sunday afternoon.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I feel spoiled....I cant even picture the bengals losing at home anymore. its crazy but it just doesnt feel like they can lose down there...especially when your down there at beer o clock lol these bengals are awesome at home.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 11:00 PM)Helldog Wrote: I feel spoiled....I cant even picture the bengals losing at home anymore. its crazy but it just doesnt feel like they can lose down there...especially when your down there at beer o clock lol these bengals are awesome at home.

Yeah if it was a prime time against the Seahawks Id be even more worried.
Reply/Quote
It'll be either Seattle or Buffalo.

Both very tough match ups, and this defense is starting to show cracks.

Dre Kirk looks like we may have overrated him coming into the season and our linebackers just aren't great covering the RBs.

We still have a killer pass rush which is kind of helping cover our weaknesses to an extent, but eventually we're going to come up against a good offensive line that will stop our 4 man rushes, and the flood gates will open.

We'll have a loss before the bye week.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 11:19 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It'll be either Seattle or Buffalo.

Both very tough match ups, and this defense is starting to show cracks.

Dre Kirk looks like we may have overrated him coming into the season and our linebackers just aren't great covering the RBs.

We still have a killer pass rush which is kind of helping cover our weaknesses to an extent, but eventually we're going to come up against a good offensive line that will stop our 4 man rushes, and the flood gates will open.

We'll have a loss before the bye week.

I agree. I have not been impressed with Dre this season. I'm hoping he steps up at some point. And our linebackers have not been great against the run or pass. We need Burfict back.

Before the season I thought Buffalo would be our first loss, so I'll go with that. They have a mobile QB, and some weapons on O.  They have a really good defense that usually plays lights out at home. They've played bad in their two losses, but I think they play their best ball against us.

I think we match up well against Seattle. It'll be a close game. But I like our QB more. I like our oline more than theirs. I like our receivers more than theirs. The defense is a push, but we're at home.
Reply/Quote