Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the division?
Check out these sick moves

How can you say our defensive line is on the decline after seeing this.

PROVE ME WRONG!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 2ekqcza.jpg]

[Image: BWill_Gif.gif]

DENY THIS

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 01:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's like how you said the Steelers were on the decline because they were aging. They won the division last season, so I guess your speculation based solely on age isn't always the best. 

…but they lost their preseason game last night.  They're gonna be TERRIBLE this year and they know it...
Reply/Quote
Quick, someone make a prediction the Browns will win the division so the thread and the forum collapses into a quantum singularity of ridiculousness...

...no one? Great! Because I like posting here.

And just to put my pick in, I think the Steelers will win the division.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 11:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you can't counter to any point I made, just draw attention off of my points by posting like my post was stupid.

I mean, your post WAS stupid. In a debate I think it is fair to call someone out who is just posting garbage, don't you? It's not "posting LIKE your post was stupid," but explaining why your post was actually stupid. You also have a history of contradicting yourself, which can be seen here: http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-CBS-Power-Rankings?page=4 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 01:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You: You lost your entire D LINE!

Me: No, just Ngata and our 3rd best pass rusher.

You: Canty too!

Me: Nope, he's still on the team. 

I believe I explained how you were wrong both times. If you want me to explain how you are wrong about them aging and regressing, I can't because it hasn't happened. Suggs and Dum were quite the pair last season, one of the best pairs in the league, so any suggestion that they are on the decline is just your own speculation based solely on age and nothing else. I can just say "They were really good last season and no one expects them to nosedive in talent over one offseason".

It's like how you said the Steelers were on the decline because they were aging. They won the division last season, so I guess your speculation based solely on age isn't always the best. 

I had already addressed it. As I just stated above, your speculation that really good players will be awful because they are one year older isn't some grand argument. You have a history of doing this and a history of being really wrong about this. What exactly am I suppose to say more when you make baseless speculations? 
Hilarious how you act like Ngata and your third best pass rusher will easily be replaced and there will be little-to-no drop-off.  Not to mention that it's 2/3 of your defensive line (or half if you run a 4-3 because sometimes it looks like you're in one, or at least a hybrid), but keep blowing it off like my posts are stupid and you didn't lose the nucleus of your front 7 in Ngata and a big part of your pass rush.  7.5 sacks is easily replaceable.

I said the Steelers were on the decline because they were aging, specifically on defense, and they've always been a defensively based team.  Their defense finished 18th last season, which, aside from being ranked 13th in 2013, is unusual because they're usually ranked near the top.  Two seasons on the decline, and overall heavily on the decline, but I'm wrong about their defense being worse because they're aging?  I supposed they just let teams produce more against them to make people think that they're on the decline for some unknown reason?

That franchise is historically built on defense, so who could have seen Brown and Bell busting out and making that team an offensive power, rather than a defensive power that won its championships through defense?

(08-14-2015, 02:17 PM)MrRager Wrote: I mean, your post WAS stupid. In a debate I think it is fair to call someone out who is just posting garbage, don't you? It's not "posting LIKE your post was stupid," but explaining why your post was actually stupid. You also have a history of contradicting yourself, which can be seen here: http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-CBS-Power-Rankings?page=4 

One time makes a history?

You'll have to explain that to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 03:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious how you act like Ngata and your third best pass rusher will easily be replaced and there will be little-to-no drop-off.

Not only is this a strawman, but it's also step 3 of my previous post.

(08-09-2015, 08:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is how brad argues:

1. He makes a HUGE overstatement

2. Someone points out that it was a huge overstatement and not true

3. He then argues a far lesser point and suggests that it makes his overstatement true.

Yep

Quote: Not to mention that it's 2/3 of your defensive line 

You need to try that math again. While they often run 3-4, they really run a hybrid defense. But it's not even as simple as saying 2 of 4, since you're suggesting that their 3rd OLB is a third of the the line. If we count all 2nd stringers in addition to the starters, you're talking 2 of the 10 players who routinely played on the D line. 

So 20%. Which is not our "whole line". 

I'll try to give you the same out I offered when you got your panties in a bunch about Jeremy Hill. All you have to say is "I exaggerated when I said you lost your whole line, but the Ravens will probably have trouble replacing such a dominating anchor for their D line". 

You probably won't, though. 

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 06:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My bad, just a rush linebacker, which the nose tackle and rush linebacker are the most important positions to a 3-4 (Talks about it around the 33 second mark).

So they lost the 2 most important parts of their d........

Thanks for the correction!  (Technically, though, you could call a rush linebacker a defensive end.)

Didn't Canty start, too?  Or wasn't he at least still getting heavy PT?

(08-09-2015, 08:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My fault........  they cut Canty and he was considering retirement after being injury plagued last season and only played in 11 games........  he's not exactly a world beater.  At 32 (33 by season's end), you might have been better off if he wasn't on the team.

Here's another time you contradicted yourself. When discussing how our D line was regressed, you said we lost Canty. When it was pointed out that he is still on the team, you suggested we were better off without him.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 03:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious how you act like Ngata and your third best pass rusher will easily be replaced and there will be little-to-no drop-off.
Where did he or anyone say he would be easily replaced? He explained how or what the Ravens coaches may have in mind. Also, remember Ngata was suspended for for 4 games last season. Where was the dropoff?

It was all explained before. Why do you keep saying no one responded/answered any of your questions?

(08-14-2015, 03:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not to mention that it's 2/3 of your defensive line (or half if you run a 4-3 because sometimes it looks like you're in one, or at least a hybrid),
WTF??? 2/3? Did you NOT know Mcphee was NOT a starter? And played in less than 50% of the Defensive snaps!?? He was part of a rotation. Sometimes I question your fottball IQ or IQ period.
[/quote]
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 04:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not only is this a strawman, but it's also step 3 of my previous post.

Yep

You need to try that math again. While they often run 3-4, they really run a hybrid defense. But it's not even as simple as saying 2 of 4, since you're suggesting that their 3rd OLB is a third of the the line. If we count all 2nd stringers in addition to the starters, you're talking 2 of the 10 players who routinely played on the D line. 

So 20%. Which is not our "whole line". 

I'll try to give you the same out I offered when you got your panties in a bunch about Jeremy Hill. All you have to say is "I exaggerated when I said you lost your whole line, but the Ravens will probably have trouble replacing such a dominating anchor for their D line". 

You probably won't, though. 
I exaggerated, but your loss in production is far worse than just saying 20%.
(08-14-2015, 04:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Here's another time you contradicted yourself. When discussing how our D line was regressed, you said we lost Canty. When it was pointed out that he is still on the team, you suggested we were better off without him.
I said you MIGHT BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM, and it's right there for everyone to see.

I also love how you continue to ignore that the two pieces you lost were the most important parts of a 3-4, and they were the best on the team at the position by a long shot.
(08-14-2015, 04:59 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Where did he or anyone say he would be easily replaced? He explained how or what the Ravens coaches may have in mind. Also, remember Ngata was suspended for for 4 games last season. Where was the dropoff?

It was all explained before. Why do you keep saying no one responded/answered any of your questions?
 WTF??? 2/3? Did you NOT know Mcphee was NOT a starter? And played in less than 50% of the Defensive snaps!?? He was part of a rotation. Sometimes I question your fottball IQ or IQ period.
[/quote]

So, just having something in mind means that they'll magically replace to very good, very productive pieces of a defense?

See above about McPhee, but I guess guys that get 7.5 sacks just grow on trees, right?  Just because he was in a rotation, doesn't mean that his numbers and impact don't count.

Also, Ngata was a HUGE reason for your success on D.  Without the suspension, he was on pace to play in 65% of the defensive snaps.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 06:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I exaggerated, but your loss in production is far worse than just saying 20%.
I said you MIGHT BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM, and it's right there for everyone to see.

I also love how you continue to ignore that the two pieces you lost were the most important parts of a 3-4, and they were the best on the team at the position by a long shot.
(08-14-2015, 06:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So, just having something in mind means that they'll magically replace to very good, very productive pieces of a defense?

See above about McPhee, but I guess guys that get 7.5 sacks just grow on trees, right?  Just because he was in a rotation, doesn't mean that his numbers and impact don't count.

Also, Ngata was a HUGE reason for your success on D.  Without the suspension, he was on pace to play in 65% of the defensive snaps.

Why do you keep repeating the same thing after people already responded to the same thing over and over? Everyone has stated Ngata is a beast for the Ravens. One player alone won't replace him at the moment. But as shown during his suspension that the DLine is deep and the rotation used there was no significant drop off.

Why did you post snap count of Ngata? I stated Mcphee's snap count to show/explain to you that he WAS NOT a starter. He was a rotational/situational Ayer for the Ravens since joining them. Are you saying McPhee was better than Suggs or Doom in the pass rush? Keep in mind McPhee disappeared for many games during the middle of the season and turned it on late in the season and in a contract year. Where was McPhee years prior. He was often injured that's why he was never a full time player.  People like youbabbled on and on the same way when the Ravens lost Ellerbe and Kruger.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 06:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I exaggerated, but your loss in production is far worse than just saying 20%.

I corrected you in saying that we lost our entire D Line. We lost 20% of those who had significant playing time on the line. As Blitz said, we managed just fine without Ngata for those 4 games. He won't be replaced at his pro bowl level, but we have some really talented guys who can fill in and play at the level you need to go far in the playoffs. That's all that matters. 

As for the Canty comment, it's right there for everyone to see that you initially tried to suggest he was a loss and then, when you were shown to be ignorant about who was on our team, you tried to suggest he might be a better team IF we loss him. You can't have it both ways to suit your argument. 

You're a fool if you think McPhee is better than Suggs and Dumervil. Your only argument is their age. You yourself even cited their superior production, but tried to suggest their age would mean they are going to magically fall off the radar suddenly. They were the best duo at their position last season. Stop embarrassing yourself. Notice how often this happens to the Ravens. We lost Kruger after 2012. Art Jones after 2013. Now McPhee after this last season. We draft and develop incredible talent in our front seven. The downside to that is that once their contracts are up, other teams then give them big contracts to be starters on their teams, which we cannot match because we already have so much talent we're paying in those positions. Would we like to keep them? Sure, but how are we going to justify matching those contracts for them to be our #2 or #3 guy on our team?

Reply/Quote
Bengals are going to take the division for sure, and I see no way possible that 3 out of 4 of the AFC North make it to the playoffs this year. Then again.... xD
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
If the short time tonight was any indicator of how our season will go, I think it's a race between us and the Steelers, with the edge going to us because of our defense.

Geno looked dominant in his time, just as they said he would, but I was even very surprised at how good he looked.

Hill looked just like I thought he would- a downhill runner that's tough to stop, AJ was AJ for a bit, and it looks like Eifert will be used a lot.

I'm a lot more confident now, even after just a short showing of the starters.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 11:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If the short time tonight was any indicator of how our season will go, I think it's a race between us and the Steelers, with the edge going to us because of our defense.

Geno looked dominant in his time, just as they said he would, but I was even very surprised at how good he looked.

Hill looked just like I thought he would- a downhill runner that's tough to stop, AJ was AJ for a bit, and it looks like Eifert will be used a lot.

I'm a lot more confident now, even after just a short showing of the starters.

Wait....Hill raced for 80 yards each time he touched the ball? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Do NOT pay attention to tonight. You sound like a high school prep with you're rah-rah cheerleading.
Have you not learned???
Reply/Quote
Take out Ben and you just eliminated the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 11:57 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Take out Ben and you just eliminated the Steelers.

That can be said for 99% of the league's QBs.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:06 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: That can be said for 99% of the league's QBs.

Yeah, but in years past if Ben got injured we had someone that could take over until Ben came back. Now there's no one even close to being good enough. Ben's backups are a joke.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:12 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah, but in years past if Ben got injured we had someone that could take over until Ben came back. Now there's no one even close to being good enough. Ben's backups are a joke.

Remember there's no game planningor schemes ran for other teams and most back ups are playing with 2nd 3rd stringers and future UPS Drivers. And if most teams lose their starter for a significant amount of time their season is in danger.
Reply/Quote