Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos our Next OC?
(01-14-2016, 11:33 PM)corpjet Wrote: If it was in house the announcement would have been made by now, we are getting some fresh blood in.....

Hope so.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:33 PM)corpjet Wrote: If it was in house the announcement would have been made by now, we are getting some fresh blood in.....

Yeah it seems that way. Wonder who they are targeting... Who do we have connections with on staffs?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

Blasphemy !  I will turn in my fan card. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The NFL musical chair coaching game continues...............the seats are filling up..............hope Kiffin lands here
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:50 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: [Image: USATSI_5735498__1_.0_standard_783.0.jpg]

[Image: 27676964.jpg]
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
something tells me a real good fit if he would take the job would be Mike Shanahan
Reply/Quote
Whoever it is I hope its someone who replace Marvin with next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:04 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Whoever it is I hope its someone who replace Marvin with next year.

Giggles is here forever. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:11 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Giggles is here forever. Hilarious

Sadly yes. :/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Mike Shanahan? An OC in Cincy?

He's not some up & coming coach looking for an audition. He's a proven commodity. He'll only coach again if he's given a head coaching gig.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:20 AM)CincyKid Wrote: The NFL musical chair coaching game continues...............the seats are filling up..............hope Kiffin lands here

Could you talk about why you want him?

When I think of him, I think of a guy who was awful with the Raiders, Volunteers, and Trojans. Alabama is playing well, but they have a stacked deck on and off the field.

I'm not sure I trust that he's a rising star, but I'm open to opposing viewpoints.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:09 AM)gobobro Wrote: Could you talk about why you want him?

When I think of him, I think of a guy who was awful with the Raiders, Volunteers, and Trojans. Alabama is playing well, but they have a stacked deck on and off the field.

I'm not sure I trust that he's a rising star, but I'm open to opposing viewpoints.

He's proven to be a very good OC.
Struggled as a HC.

Can't hold his HC failures against him for an OC job
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:23 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's proven to be a very good OC.
Struggled as a HC.

Nailed it.  Horrible head coach but maybe the most brilliant offensive mind in football (college or pro).  I think the man is an arrogant prick but he sets up plays so well.  What a lot of people don't understand is sometimes you run a crappy play to set up the next one or one even later.  To be a great offensive coordinator you have to have the ability to do see this and call the plays accordingly.  This was one area where I think Hue lacked greatly...he was too reactionary as opposed to dictating what the defense needed to do.  I can't tell you how many times I saw Kiffin throw up his arms in a touchdown signal the moment the ball was snapped and that's exactly what occurred.  He sets up plays better than anybody.
Reply/Quote

He has never in his life been an OC in the NFL, and the only time he was successful as a college OC was when he had an overwhelming talent advantage (USC, Alabama).

College and NFL are very different.  Just as Spurrier and Saban,
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:26 AM)BigRed75 Wrote: Nailed it.  Horrible head coach but maybe the most brilliant offensive mind in football (college or pro).  I think the man is an arrogant prick but he sets up plays so well.  What a lot of people don't understand is sometimes you run a crappy play to set up the next one or one even later.  To be a great offensive coordinator you have to have the ability to do see this and call the plays accordingly.  This was one area where I think Hue lacked greatly...he was too reactionary as opposed to dictating what the defense needed to do.  I can't tell you how many times I saw Kiffin throw up his arms in a touchdown signal the moment the ball was snapped and that's exactly what occurred.  He sets up plays better than anybody.

Buckeye fan here, and I do believe he handed us the semifinal last season by forgetting about Derrick Henry.  However, he exploited a pretty solid Clemson defense this year.  

Personally, I don't get a good impression of him, but I understand the resume.   I think we grow more infatuated with the passing game if he is the guy, possibly out of necessity if we are replacing Andre Smith with Obueghi.  I have seen the film and he looks like a once in a decade pass blocker, but he looks small on the field.  Hard to envision him as the grader that gets the running game going.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:49 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Buckeye fan here, and I do believe he handed us the semifinal last season by forgetting about Derrick Henry.

Man, that is so true.  That TE pass that Blake held onto too long that was intercepted was the momentum shift.  Absolutely failed by not using Henry in that situation being on the other side of the 50 already and was averaging like 9 yards a carry.  But, you could see he learned from his mistakes in the championship game this year and throughout the season.  Who would have thought it would take Alabama's offense (along with some stellar special teams plays) to win that game? 

And the comment about overwhelming talent, Kiffen did his best work with two different quarterbacks (Blake and Coker) both being of average talent...that speaks volumes.  Being a head coach in the NFL is vastly different than college, however, I don't see much of a difference for the OC and DC roles.  Look, I'm not a fan at all of Kiffen's persona (I'm a Gator fan) but I respect the man for knowing so much about running an offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:18 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: And the comment about overwhelming talent, Kiffen did his best work with two different quarterbacks (Blake and Coker) both being of average talent...that speaks volumes. 

McElroy won a Championship with all that talent around him at Bama.  It isn't because of genius OC.
Reply/Quote
Struggled as a HC.

I'm not saying he'll be a disaster, but running a college spread offense with the best talent in college isn't necessarily reason to be excited about his prospects in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He has never in his life been an OC in the NFL, and the only time he was successful as a college OC was when he had an overwhelming talent advantage (USC, Alabama).

College and NFL are very different.  Just as Spurrier and Saban,

...so?
Pete Carroll had mediocre at best NFL success as a HC then went to USC for a decade, came back and won a super bowl and almost won a 2nd.

We have a stacked roster. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: McElroy won a Championship with all that talent around him at Bama.  It isn't because of genius OC.

Actually, McElroy did have a genius OC at the time...Jim McElwain.
Reply/Quote