Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Are The Bengals So Reluctant To Replace Coaches?
(10-02-2023, 10:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Some posters insist on consistently defending the organization when struggles persist. I don't agree with those takes but wouldn't think to call them mindless parrots.

That's why reading is fundamental. And it's just another thing another poster said that is now being..... wait for it..... parroted. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He has the ability to be in though. The only thing stopping our backup from playing is the coaches.

I don't know if Browning has the ability to do anything to be honest with you.  The guy isn't good. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:40 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't know if Browning has the ability to do anything to be honest with you.  The guy isn't good. 

How would we even know, he's never played a real snap with the 1's except to kneel.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:40 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't know if Browning has the ability to do anything to be honest with you.  The guy isn't good. 

Play McCarron then. He took a worse offense (still damn good) and went 2-1 in the regular season in 2015. Browning would still probably be better. Just for the pure fact that he wouldn't be as limited as Burrow and on top of that Burrow has been playing worse than bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

None of us know, but the team elected to roll with him as the #2, likely because they think there's something to him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: None of us know, but the team elected to roll with him as the #2, likely because they think there's something to him.

Yeah he wasn't Trevor Simieon that's what they saw.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Trevor Simeiean not performing well here is more of an indictment of scheme than it was on him.

It could explain why Jake Browning was a step ahead of him in the preseason. He had the advantage of being here longer.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:22 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I wonder if Trevor Simeiean not performing well here is more of an indictment of scheme than it was on him.

It could explain why Jake Browning was a step ahead of him in the preseason. He had the advantage of being here longer.

Are you sure about that?  I mean, if Elway hadn't used a 7th round flyer on Seimien, I'm not sure that any of us would even know who he was.  I read somewhere that Seimien was like the 22nd rated QB in his draft class, and was not expected to be drafted.  I think that he even had a gig selling used cars lined up, that he had to cancel when he was actually drafted.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Some posters insist on consistently defending the organization when struggles persist. I don't agree with those takes but wouldn't think to call them mindless parrots.

It's the definition of being difficult just to be difficult. Anyone with a child knows what the terrible two's are LOL

Struggling? How's this for struggling and theres no defense for this..

1) Fewest TD's through 4 games by any team since the 2020 Giants

2) Fewest points per drive since the 2019 Jets (0.95 points per drive)

3) First team without an offensive TD in the first half in their first four games since the 2019 Jets

Does this seem remotely close to a well coached offense? When a team sees a QB that is immobile they are going to blitz him like crazy. What are other ways around this? THIS is a coaching job!  Figure it out...
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that?  I mean, if Elway hadn't used a 7th round flyer on Seimien, I'm not sure that any of us would even know who he was.  I read somewhere that Seimien was like the 22nd rated QB in his draft class, and was not expected to be drafted.  I think that he even had a gig selling used cars lined up, that he had to cancel when he was actually drafted.

He was okay in Denver for a while and didn't lead a shitshow in NOLA after Jameis got hurt.

He isn't an adequate starter but has a strong enough case for a backup.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:55 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Considering that they had a lot of time knowing they needed to adjust the play book for Burrows injury in the preseason there's no excuse that we should have only a handful of plays. There's no excuse for throwing the ball so much against the Rams, which possibly made Burrows calf worse. There's no excuse for not putting in the backup QB if there's no way to scheme with an injured Burrow in there. There's no excuse for this coaching staff, and it's rather obvious that Zac is a joke and got carried by Burrow the last two years. It's a joke we've never been a top 5 offense in scoring with the players we have and its a joke we've always been a middle of the pack offense with yards. Taylor is just a bad joke and a bad coach. At the very least get us a new OC and force Taylor to let them call the plays

Zac may be top 3 coaches at creating culture but i think it’s obvious the players bailed out his offense. His offense has always underperformed and it’s crazy seeing so many ppl forget that because of how bad it is now. Even when we were scoring points on offense it was usually because Burrow was a monster or Chase and Tee were dominating 1 on 1s. Now that Zac actually has to prove his worth and create an offense that can score with injured Burrow we are finally seeing how worthless his playcalling is and always has been. His big play against the Chiefs last year on 4th down was to call a go for Chase and hope he can catch it over 2 defenders. This offense has no creativity to such an extent that if you gave a college team 5 NFL lineman, i think a good college team could lock up this trash ass playcalling. We are predictable to a fault and have always been. We are the only team utterly destroyed when a team runs cover 4. Any other seasoned NFL playcaller would immediately counter this. Not us. Zac’s answer is to simply not go deep. That tells me he and Burrow lack mastery of coverages and passing concepts.

We really have a guy calling plays who doesn’t understand passing concepts. Let that sink in. His whole passing offense for 3 years has been “Hey Tee and Chase, go out and be gods.”
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Because the Bengals don't make stupid kneejerk reactions. This group of coaches took us to 2 straight AFCCGs and a Super Bowl, and you really want to replace them because of 3 losses when the starting QB is injured?  Hilarious

You gotta be drunk.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Because the Bengals don't make stupid kneejerk reactions. This group of coaches took us to 2 straight AFCCGs and a Super Bowl, and you really want to replace them because of 3 losses when the starting QB is injured?  Hilarious

(10-02-2023, 03:22 PM)Housh Wrote: You gotta be drunk.

No he’s being objective and realistic. Not even the most notorious knee jerk ownership in the history of the NFL would make a coaching change. You can be dead certain anybody with minimum NFL IQ can see Burrow is not healthy. I’m not implying that exonerates the staff from other issues. But turning this franchise around from 30 years of pathetic to reach the Super Bowl, win the AFC once and the other runner up is extraordinary
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:22 PM)Housh Wrote: You gotta be drunk.

Which part is incorrect... besides the me being drunk part???
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which part is incorrect... besides the me being drunk part???

The biggest part you're incorrect on is that it's only because of 3 losses with an injured Burrow this year. It's constant poor offensive game planning and schemes. Every. Single. Year. The offense was not the reason we went to the SB. Burrow actually has not so great playoff stats. The offense has only scored an average of 23 points a game in the postseason and has never scored 30+ points. Not to mention that we've underperformed in the regular season too. Never cracking the top 10 in yards or top 5 in scoring. Tell me 5 teams with more weapons. Then tell me 3 teams with a better QB. There's no excuse and they're just getting more exposed now that their QB isn't carrying them
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No he’s being objective and realistic. Not even the most notorious knee jerk ownership in the history of the NFL would make a coaching change. You can be dead certain anybody with minimum NFL IQ can see Burrow is not healthy. I’m not implying that exonerates the staff from other issues. But turning this franchise around from 30 years of pathetic to reach the Super Bowl, win the AFC once and the other runner up is extraordinary

That’s because of Katie Blackburn and Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:13 PM)J24 Wrote: How are you supposed to adjust when the QB can play on one leg?

But Zac says Joe is fine and Joe says he is fine.  Im waiting for ONE reporter with an ounce of guts to ask Zac, "If Joe is fine, why are you calling such a limited offense?"   Ask Joe, "If you are physically fine, why are you playing so bad?"

It's almost disrespectful to fans telling us all is well and we all know that he is limited.  It makes more sense to just say we have to find a better way around the limitations.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: An example of where it's really not paying off? Frank Pollack.
The OL continues to underwhelm no matter how many new faces he puts out there.

100%

Whats crazy is 60% of this offensive line are from Super Bowl winning teams. And with 3 out of 5 players, you mean to tell me Frank Pollack still cant put together an offensive line that isnt more solid and successful than this?

Letting things go status quo is just a sin. Pollack is also the run game coordinator as well and look where is the run game is ranked? At the bottom of the league. 

Can we get a solid consistent run game, or is that something else Pollack cant handle?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:39 AM)GodFather Wrote: Can we get a solid consistent run game, or is that something else Pollack cant handle?

Hard to have a consistent run game when your HC (who calls the plays) acts like he’s allergic to running the ball.

Joe Mixon has a total of 59 carries through 4 games. That’s ridiculous any time, let alone when your QB isn’t right. And if it’s Burrow checking out of plays then Zac needs to limit how much he can do that right now. We should have been leaning on the run game this whole stretch. And the most aggravating part is Mixon has actually been running pretty well in the small sample size we’ve seen.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 11:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That’s because of Katie Blackburn and Joe Burrow.

That’s so naive even for you the most naive person on here.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote