Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Why Can't You Just Believe In Joe Mixon
We see better than we hear.

[Image: Marvin-Lewis.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 11:27 AM)grampahol Wrote: Mixon will get his touches and he's a lot better receiver than most realize and the Oline is starting to open some holes for him. They're not going to trade Mixon.. That's just nonsense talk..

Mixon is changing his game somewhat the last few weeks trying to get north and south faster not dancing as much. He still is not a great fit for the O-line we got. Perine is better suited to running north south and he is a better blocker as well.

We are not a running team we are a throwing team our QB and WR define this, we have two guys that can dominate in Chase and Higgins. We do not need a stud at RB the production is just not worth the cost anymore. We should always be a throw heavy team with the guys we got. Joe Burrow is looking like his old self like he is fully recovered so throw the rock.
Reply/Quote
Because it hasn't worked constantly this season and burrows dropping bombs.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 02:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Mixon is changing his game somewhat the last few weeks trying to get north and south faster not dancing as much. He still is not a great fit for the O-line we got. Perine is better suited to running north south and he is a better blocker as well.

We are not a running team we are a throwing team our QB and WR define this, we have two guys that can dominate in Chase and Higgins. We do not need a stud at RB the production is just not worth the cost anymore. We should always be a throw heavy team with the guys we got. Joe Burrow is looking like his old self like he is fully recovered so throw the rock.

Watching the Philly/Squealers game and I don't remember seeing Philly run outside, seems they are gashing Pitt between the tackles pretty good!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 01:45 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We see better than we hear.

[Image: Marvin-Lewis.jpg]

Everytime I hear the insane stat that our D hasn't givin up a 2nd half TD yet this year I giggle to myself cause I keep hearing Marvin say halftime adjustment are a myth.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Everytime I hear the insane stat that our D hasn't givin up a 2nd half TD yet this year I giggle to myself cause I keep hearing Marvin say halftime adjustment are a myth.

"Journalistic jargon," to quote him.  That's our Merv.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:24 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Why not just run the football.

know what else I believe?

I believe the children are our future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Everybody's searching for a hero

People need someone to look up to

I never found anyone who fulfilled my needs

A lonely place to be

And so I learned to depend on me
Reply/Quote
He could be in his rudi johnson phase..(the later half)
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 02:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Mixon is changing his game somewhat the last few weeks trying to get north and south faster not dancing as much. He still is not a great fit for the O-line we got. Perine is better suited to running north south and he is a better blocker as well.

The problem is ZT and Pollack tried to force the Wide Zone run offense for 3 years now with it never being successful. The FAs we brought in were known yo br better power run blockers (at least from what I heard) yet they tried again to make them fit the wide zone scheme. The last 2-3 games they moved to a power scheme and it had been successful. 

I also don't think it's a coincidence that ever since the articles came out about Mixon tipping the plays that our offense has looked much better. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: know what else I believe?

I believe the children are our future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Everybody's searching for a hero

People need someone to look up to

I never found anyone who fulfilled my needs

A lonely place to be

And so I learned to depend on me

But do you believe in life after love?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4957784]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: But do you believe in life after love?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4957784]
That I don't, but you know what else I believe?
I believe I can fly

I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 10:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: That I don't, but you know what else I believe?
I believe I can fly

I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I make you laugh
And you make me cry
I believe it's time for me to fly

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: The problem is ZT and Pollack tried to force the Wide Zone run offense for 3 years now with it never being successful. The FAs we brought in were known yo br better power run blockers (at least from what I heard) yet they tried again to make them fit the wide zone scheme. The last 2-3 games they moved to a power scheme and it had been successful. 

I also don't think it's a coincidence that ever since the articles came out about Mixon tipping the plays that our offense has looked much better. 

They didn’t necessarily move to a power scheme; they have been running power plays all season long. They just started running them more. We will still see outside zone, inside zone etc. but they have just upped their ratio of gap runs to zone. For instance, the Pittsburgh game saw Cincinnati run about 50% power, but they were step pitiful.

They improved for a couple of games recently and went right back to being abysmal against Atlanta. I think Cincinnati is just in for a terrible year running the ball, honestly. They just can’t get it done. Hopefully they can find success tomorrow. Cleveland is blah against the run.
Reply/Quote
I believe for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 11:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They didn’t necessarily move to a power scheme; they have been running power plays all season long. They just started running them more. We will still see outside zone, inside zone etc. but they have just upped their ratio of gap runs to zone. For instance, the Pittsburgh game saw Cincinnati run about 50% power, but they were step pitiful.

They improved for a couple of games recently and went right back to being abysmal against Atlanta. I think Cincinnati is just in for a terrible year running the ball, honestly. They just can’t get it done. Hopefully they can find success tomorrow. Cleveland is blah against the run.

True. I guess it's not really so much just running power but running less and less zone and less and less under center. When they go back to under center it was still awful. I think it's pretty obvious we need to just ditch under center because our offense is absolute garbage out of it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 11:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: True. I guess it's not really so much just running power but running less and less zone and less and less under center. When they go back to under center it was still awful. I think it's pretty obvious we need to just ditch under center because our offense is absolute garbage out of it. 

There are shotgun wide zone plays. The problem was all the pass plays that compliment the wide zone. Bengals are awful with RB screens the boots didnt work they couldnt protect for the short crossers let alone the deep crossers and the wheels were completely out of the question.

The Spread RPO fits the Bengals and that's inside zone mid zone gap and duos. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 10:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I make you laugh
And you make me cry
I believe it's time for me to fly

[Image: tenor.gif]

I want to

Fly like an eagle
To the sea

Fly like an eagle let my spirit carry me

I want to
Fly like an eagle

Til I’m free
Oh Lord through the revolution
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Going to be watching you guys tonight pulling for you to arrive at 5-3!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 09:03 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Going to be watching you guys tonight pulling for you to arrive at 5-3!

Thanks

Sorry your team is crap
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 09:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Thanks

Sorry your team is crap

Ugh this season hurts.
Reply/Quote