Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Why Can't You Just Believe In Joe Mixon
(11-02-2022, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, look at this frigging hole…

Wow, I bet Evans or even Perine score there....

Mixon is the problem, him and Jonah. Mixon could have at least 3 more TD's if he had any vision whatsoever.

Bench Mixon is my call, would of been nice to of traded him before this last game as he might of got us a 5th round pick.

Sadly it is too late.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Gee Whiz, is Mixon just trying to sabotage the team?

After watching a full game of that, the same thought popped into my head...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 01:44 PM)Synric Wrote: He still hit the wrong hole no matter what... He had a better shot busting that tackle inside with his hips and shoulders squared up than trying to move laterally allowing the defense to work their way to the LoS. 

I don't know if he would have broken the tackle inside but he probably would have gained some yardage.

Also fair, and I agree. I guess i was more commenting on the “potential touchdown” wording. Could it have been? Sure, I guess, but probably a low likelihood. I think we are seeing a difference between the 4 yard gain and a 7-10 yard gain.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, I bet Evans or even Perine score there....

Mixon is the problem, him and Jonah. Mixon could have at least 3 more TD's if he had any vision whatsoever.

Bench Mixon is my call, would of been nice to of traded him before this last game as he might of got us a 5th round pick.

Sadly it is too late.

Great article on cincy jungle about how badly mixon and Jonah are playing.

It’s not just my imagination that perine is better.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 01:56 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Great article on cincy jungle about how badly mixon and Jonah are playing.

And it isn't saying much, sure, that might not of been a TD especially with Mixon who likes to stumble over his own feet, but that 
is at least a moderate gain if he sees the hole right in front of his face instead of going laterally. Just poor vision, simple as that.

Go Running Back By Committee at the very least. That is sad, you aren't imagining anything.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 02:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Welp, that ain't too good.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Someone give Jeff Gilooly a call. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Well, if this continues, this is the stuff that makes me want Zac gone. These things, hope he does the opposite and gives 
the guy a shot, we saw what he can do catching the ball like a WR Monday night. Then we didn't see him again. Who is 
to say that Evans actually sees that giant hole unlike Mixon and actually runs through it lol
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 01:56 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Great article on cincy jungle about how badly mixon and Jonah are playing.

Mixon needs to sit on the bench for weeks then maybe he'll get his head outta his ass and start running the damn ball.  At this point, Perine and Evans are a no-brainer. 

Mixon aka Eric Ball
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, if this continues, this is the stuff that makes me want Zac gone. These things, hope he does the opposite and gives 
the guy a shot, we saw what he can do catching the ball like a WR Monday night. Then we didn't see him again. Who is 
to say that Evans actually sees that giant hole unlike Mixon and actually runs through it lol

He should have at least gotten some carries in garbage time to see what he can do between the tackles. I agree.

Reply/Quote
"Remember that time when the one guy said Mixon was a stud and we were idiots? Remember that?!?"

[Image: afbf2219623b1ce1e2039fdac8cbcdf3.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:58 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Mixon needs to sit on the bench for weeks then maybe he'll get his head outta his ass and start running the damn ball.  At this point, Perine and Evans are a no-brainer. 

Mixon aka Eric Ball

It is a no brainer, it is what Belichick would do...

(11-02-2022, 09:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: He should have at least gotten some carries in garbage time to see what he can do between the tackles. I agree.

For sure. When a player struggles you see what the other guy's can do. Not like we only have 2 RB's.

Keep your options open to improve.

(11-02-2022, 10:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Remember that time when the one guy said Mixon was a stud and we were idiots?  Remember that?!?"

[Image: afbf2219623b1ce1e2039fdac8cbcdf3.gif]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling Joe is being warned here

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 05:23 PM)pally Wrote: I have a feeling Joe is being warned here

Now they are gettin' it... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:24 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Why not just run the football.

Nice job on these Joe G.  
https://youtu.be/kDPOOCOEqfg

CORRECT

I've been making posts more and more on this very point.   Zac runs the Shotgun Pass about 90 % of the game or more, often with an empty backfield of no running backs.   So since it is neve a run and in many open backfield formations can not be a run,  The Defenses are all over the WR's and all over Burrow.  

4-4 and 0-3 in the AFC NORTH.   This Arena League Ball of Zac in 2022 will not win in The AFC North.  Zac has completely abandoned the run in 2022 to prove his Arena League Pass Every Play works.  Well not in The NFL it won't and certainly not in The AFC North. 

You ask why not have faith in Mixon.  I ask why not trade Mixon.  If all Zac is going to do is run Shotgun Pass every play, then Mixon is on the wrong team.  Mixon is completely wasted in a Zac offense.  This is not The Rams, they run the ball.  Zac must have picked this up in Arena League.  At 0-3 in the AFC North, it isn't working. 

To WIN in the AFC NORTH, you have to RUN THE BALL.   You should shoot for just as many runs as passes.  Zac is only calling about 5 runs a game lately, and he is getting SMACKED DOWN. 

So I Agree with you....MORE MIXON....and Burrow would not get thrown on his butt so much and the Deep Pass would Open Up....If they would only run MIXON MORE. 

Also, and this goes back decades, When The Bengals have a Runner gain 100 yards rushing, they WIN about 90 % of the time. Of course since Zac refuses to call running plays, there is no way Mixon can rush for 100 yards.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 06:45 PM)kevin Wrote: CORRECT

I've been making posts more and more on this very point.   Zac runs the Shotgun Pass about 90 % of the game or more, often with an empty backfield of no running backs.   So since it is neve a run and in many open backfield formations can not be a run,  The Defenses are all over the WR's and all over Burrow.  

4-4 and 0-3 in the AFC NORTH.   This Arena League Ball of Zac in 2022 will not win in The AFC North.  Zac has completely abandoned the run in 2022 to prove his Arena League Pass Every Play works.  Well not in The NFL it won't and certainly not in The AFC North. 

You ask why not have faith in Mixon.  I ask why not trade Mixon.  If all Zac is going to do is run Shotgun Pass every play, then Mixon is on the wrong team.  Mixon is completely wasted in a Zac offense.  This is not The Rams, they run the ball.  Zac must have picked this up in Arena League.  At 0-3 in the AFC North, it isn't working. 

To WIN in the AFC NORTH, you have to RUN THE BALL.   You should shoot for just as many runs as passes.  Zac is only calling about 5 runs a game lately, and he is getting SMACKED DOWN. 

So I Agree with you....MORE MIXON....and Burrow would not get thrown on his butt so much and the Deep Pass would Open Up....If they would only run MIXON MORE. 

Also, and this goes back decades, When The Bengals have a Runner gain 100 yards rushing, they WIN about 90 % of the time.  Of course since Zac refuses to call running plays, there is no way Mixon can rush for 100 yards.

Maybe if they run perine more, but running Mixon more is a good recipie for more 3 and outs from the offense
Reply/Quote
Pierce is amazing.... dude sees and bursts through the holes.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/04/bengals-coaches-arent-happy-joe-mixon-pass-blocking/

The coaches are even calling him out at this point.

Reply/Quote