Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Why Can't You Just Believe In Joe Mixon
What would heal my pain is if the Bengals win the Super Bowl this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 09:17 AM)packerbacker Wrote: What would heal my pain is if the Bengals win the Super Bowl this year.

It would help heal like 45 years of pain for me  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You may actually have a point for this week. Garrett is hurting with a bad shoulder. So bad, they're lining him up on the opposite side he usually plays. Early on, I'd run right at him and let LC pound on him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: The problem is ZT and Pollack tried to force the Wide Zone run offense for 3 years now with it never being successful. The FAs we brought in were known yo br better power run blockers (at least from what I heard) yet they tried again to make them fit the wide zone scheme. The last 2-3 games they moved to a power scheme and it had been successful. 

I also don't think it's a coincidence that ever since the articles came out about Mixon tipping the plays that our offense has looked much better. 

Agree with every word.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: "Journalistic jargon," to quote him.  That's our Merv.  

Ahhh Yes. :) that was it.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 02:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: The offense has been an abysmal failure this year from under C and you're saying the answer to Chase being out is move the offense back under C?

but but but isnt Frank Pollack a Brillant run game designer and OL Coach like ive been told since he was rehired?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:24 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Why not just run the football.

Nice job on these Joe G.  
https://youtu.be/kDPOOCOEqfg

Joe Mixon is averaging just 3.3 YPC this season.
He's been a horrendous pass blocker.
He's only had two games with a 4.0 YPC or better - BAL and NO.

He's been vastly underperforming this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 09:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It would help heal like 45 years of pain for me  Hilarious

*in faith healer accent*

Oh my brother, now that the Bengals have won the coveted Super Bowl I can just feel your PAIN being wiped away-ah!  Give me that walker, you don't need it anymore.

Now take a few steps JUST TO MAKE THOSE DEVIL STEELERS MAD!!!!!!!

(10-29-2022, 10:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree and I've said it all along: LET THE BIG DOG EAT!

Ida know, this just smacks of the old days when we were trying to convince ourselves that if we gave Jeremy Hill 30 touches a game he'd suck for 29 of them and then magically turn into Tecmo Bowl after that once he found a rhythm. Either that or I recall my days living in Chicago when Bears fans would try to believe that Rex Grossman just needed to throw an INT or 2 every game before he "got it together" for the rest of the game.

Also, if Mixon is a big dog, what is Nick Chubb?  Lordy.
Reply/Quote
I mean, look at this frigging hole…

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, look at this frigging hole…

Holy yikes.... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Yep. So at this point in his career how in the world do you even show this to him and have him grasp the meaning? You either have it as a RB or you don't. Vision is not the thing you improve on. Speed, strength, balance and patience you can.It's all about instincts for a good RB.
Reply/Quote

Shades of Trent Richardson. Could you imagine if we traded Mixon for a 1st round pick yesterday?
Reply/Quote

Gee Whiz, is Mixon just trying to sabotage the team?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Shades of Trent Richardson. Could you imagine if we traded Mixon for a 1st round pick yesterday?

It’s funny you bring him up, Steelers fans are going nuts comparing Harris to Richardson.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s funny you bring him up, Steelers fans are going nuts comparing Harris to Richardson.

My Steeler fan pals did post something comparing him to TR to our group chat and I said "So....they're going to trade him to Indy for a 1st, right?"

[Image: 313874953_1137734166864070_5604705064013...e=638A0145]
Reply/Quote
If we were built like the Browns I'd say lets run it more. We are only successful running out of shotgun when we catch the defense off guard. It's not like we haven't tried to run it out of a traditional set with two TEs. We just get stuffed every play because it's predictable and our line isn't able to overcome the predictability. Our line plays best when we keep the defense off balance and the defense doesn't know what to expect.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Gee Whiz, is Mixon just trying to sabotage the team?

That still is just slightly misleading. Karras was supposed to double down and get to the second level but was late and fell. His player filled that gap. 

[Image: vRj6SXD.png]

That still is just a split second after Mixon decided to bounce it. He may have broken that tackle, but I don't think he would have gotten past the linebacker. It's tough to say. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 01:35 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That still is just slightly misleading. Karras was supposed to double down and get to the second level but was late and fell. His player filled that gap. 

That still is just a split second after Mixon decided to bounce it. He may have broken that tackle, but I don't think he would have gotten past the linebacker. It's tough to say. 

Correct, however if Mixon would have taken that same angle to the sideline, only cutting inside of Hurst, rather than going outside of him, there's a really good chance that the CB is one man he has to beat on that play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 01:35 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That still is just slightly misleading. Karras was supposed to double down and get to the second level but was late and fell. His player filled that gap. 

He still hit the wrong hole no matter what... He had a better shot busting that tackle inside with his hips and shoulders squared up than trying to move laterally allowing the defense to work their way to the LoS. 

I don't know if he would have broken the tackle inside but he probably would have gained some yardage.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

You can literally take a screenshot of every one of his runs and see the same thing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote