Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why Has the Bengals Offense Collapsed?
(09-26-2022, 11:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Was happy to see this as well per me being very critical of Perrine not getting behind his pads in the past. 

Hoping this trend continues and if it does I'm hoping to see him get increased carries soon. 

It would certainly help the plays if Perine is in on third down and we still run the ball. It wouldn't be tipping our hand as much as it has in the past.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely, but there are times when Joe tries to bounce an inside run to the outside too. Samaje ran at an avg of 5 yards on that last drive when everyone in Jersey knew we were running. That's just getting behind your pads and hitting the hole as hard as you can. We can blame play calling all we want, but the tell to me is Perine was able to do that when we couldn't possibly be anymore predictable, right? Difference is in the execution, not the playcall.

Oh there's no doubt. He's had a couple carries this season where there was a hole right in front of him and he jump cuts left or right and I'm like WTF? Runs right into the back of blockers.

And I have to eat a little crow and agree it's not all playcalling, like you say execution has been poor. Who was the HC back in 1984 or something ? Tampa Bay perhaps ? Famous quote during presser when asked about the teams execution ? He says "yes I'd like to execute em all"

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh there's no doubt. He's had a couple carries this season where there was a hole right in front of him and he jump cuts left or right and I'm like WTF? Runs right into the back of blockers.

And I have to eat a little crow and agree it's not all playcalling, like you say execution has been poor. Who was the HC back in 1984 or something ? Tampa Bay perhaps ? Famous quote during presser when asked about the teams execution ? He says "yes I'd like to execute em all"

Hilarious

LoL, good ol John McKay. I think it went like this: reporter asked him about the execution of his offense and he answered back...."I'm in favor of it!" LMAO 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I hope this is a sign that Burrow is starting to learn that throwing it away is better than losing 6-8 yards and being taken to the ground by a defender. Saw him throw it away twice to avoid a sack yesterday, loved it because you're not giving up a down, field position, taking a hit to the ground, and also killing the drive. Sacks are killers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 03:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hope this is a sign that Burrow is starting to learn that throwing it away is better than losing 6-8 yards and being taken to the ground by a defender. Saw him throw it away twice to avoid a sack yesterday, loved it because you're not giving up a down, field position, taking a hit to the ground, and also killing the drive. Sacks are killers.

Yes sir Joe

I don't want to take away Joe's aggressiveness, never say die, there's always hope attitude. But he has to learn that there will be plays that the defense just wins and you gotta just chuck it up in the stands.

You can't win the game on 3rd and 20 from your own 10 in the 1st qtr. don't take that sack, throw it away. Live for the next series.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes sir Joe

I don't want to take away Joe's aggressiveness, never say die, there's always hope attitude. But he has to learn that there will be plays that the defense just wins and you gotta just chuck it up in the stands.

You can't win the game on 3rd and 20 from your own 10 in the 1st qtr. don't take that sack, throw it away. Live for the next series.

Yup Burrow doesn't need to go full Andy Dalton but pick and choose his battles better.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:04 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If our players are so great we can win multiple playoff games and make the super bowl "in spite of" the head coach, why did we lose the first 2 games this season against pretty bad competition? Rolleyes

Because… Zac Taylor sucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If only we had hired Zac years ago so we could get to the Super Bowl in spite of him 

Mike friggin Ditka won a Super Bowl. You can get to a Super Bowl with a bad coach. But you can’t have consistent success with one.

But yeah I guess you’re right, ZT is a great coach,
Reply/Quote