Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we not using the middle of the field?
[Image: FBXlz8OXEAQaXL2?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Geez, every pass over 6 yards is treated like a 2 minute drill with 0 timeouts.
Reply/Quote
Our lack of decent TE's certainly doesn't help.
Reply/Quote
See: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Drew-Sample-is-a-Bum
Reply/Quote
That's normally Tyler Boyd territory, and if the passes aren't going there I have to assume the defense is taking it away.
Reply/Quote
*CJ plays lights out against Jacksonville*

Zac Taylor: "OK let's minimize CJ's involvement in the game plan."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:10 AM)Big Boss Wrote: *CJ plays lights out against Jacksonville*

. . . by continuing to go to Sample with failure after failure!? Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:17 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: . . . by continuing to go to Sample with failure after failure!? Shocked

Dawson Knox who is kicking ass with Bills was a 3rd rounder....
yet we continue to try and squeeze some sort of production out of this D Sample guy instead of trying to admit the mistake and move on with a better TE to team up with Uzo ?  Seriously: the guy is painful to watch out there...the terms " 2 left feet" or "all thumbs" comes to mind. 
I dont know when his contract is up, hopefully SOON. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:10 AM)Big Boss Wrote: *CJ plays lights out against Jacksonville*

Maybe GB's DC watched that game as well and had CJ covered maybe???
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe GB's DC watched that game as well and had CJ covered maybe???

Right. Playcalling can be part of the issue, but the players execute the plays at the end of the day. You can call plays to attack an area of the field but that doesn’t guarantee that the QB is going to throw it, for instance. I would have to imagine that plays were called featuring routes over the middle. I can’t speculate as to why Burrow didn’t throw them. I would trust that they just weren’t there.
Reply/Quote
Somethings definitely not adding up we have enough playmakers the answer is not we need more weapons or a better TE. The Packers best corner Alexander was out how is it possible Higgins , Boyd and CJ were all non factors ? Far as over the middle stuff obviously Boyd and CJ are the go to guys but I can't see why Higgins can't run some stuff over the middle. Evans made a nice catch coming across the middle for a 1st down similar to the play he made in Pittsburgh still surprised he's not used more in the passing game, he also can't be worse then Perine at pass blocking he got blown up for another sack this week.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is scared to throw near safeties? Ninja
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Most of the time the defense forced the boundary throws. Likely because Green Bay knew Burrow loves throwing in breaking routes.

I was no thrilled with the offensive scheme though. Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan need to decide what the offensive will be until then they are going to struggle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
To the far right side 10 yards and beyond shows 2 completions, 7 incompletions, 1 INT and 1 TD (that caught the defense napping with seconds to go in the first half).

Only 11 passes 10 yards and beyond with 7 incompletions.

To the left side, 12 passes with 1 incompletion.

ZT play logic at work.

Reply/Quote
ZT is a bad playcaller.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: FBXlz8OXEAQaXL2?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Unless Burrow is a complete idiot I am assuming it was because the defense was taking away the middle of the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: To the far right side 10 yards and beyond shows 2 completions, 7 incompletions, 1 INT and 1 TD (that caught the defense napping with seconds to go in the first half).

Only 11 passes 10 yards and beyond with 7 incompletions.

To the left side, 12 passes with 1 incompletion.

ZT play logic at work.

(10-11-2021, 11:59 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ZT is a bad playcaller.

Burrow is the one who decides where to throw the ball.

You guys are aware that we send out more than on receiver on passing plays. right?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow is the one who decides where to throw the ball.

You are aware that we send out more than one receiver on passing routes, right?

Who's in charge of this offense?

Reply/Quote
There was a comment in another thread of why they offenses so bad that I completely agree with the offense just lacks chunk plays and this chart is a perfect example. Ignoring the huge plays from Chase the team otherwise lacks those plays in the 10-20 yard range. Also in the running game we hardly ever get any large plays there either. In another thread it was commented that of Perine’s 58 yards 51 came after contact. That just means running backs are getting met at the line of scrimmage or in the backfield far too often
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Who's in charge of this offense?

Here is how it works.

The coaches call a play that has multiple receivers running different routes.

Then the QB goes through his reads and throws to the receiver that is open.

Pretty basic stuff.  surprised you did not know this.
Reply/Quote