Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did we draft a Michael Johnson clone in round 3?
Why not take the best center on the board? I don't get it.
Reply/Quote
Bodine is still under contract and they just signed TJ Johnson to an extension. I know fans are hoping we take a center, but the Bengals have made no indications that they consider the position an area of need. At least not in the earlier rounds.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I don't get your thread....Ricky!
Reply/Quote
Pat Elfein and Ethan Pocic were both gone...

Jordan Willis has a high motor and great speed for his size.

We got a steal for sure, can't wait to see what he can do.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Dude is a lanky tweener. Same as MJ. Ee already have MJ. Why not take the best center on The board and fix this God awful oline?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:10 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Dude is a lanky tweener. Same as MJ. Ee already have MJ. Why not take the best center on The board and fix this God awful oline?

Pretty deep for the Center class this year... And so far only Elfein and Pocic have gone. We're doing good.
Reply/Quote
Because we passed on Walker to get a problem child?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why do fans complain so much?

Sheesh let the guy take a snap. He was mocked to steelers in round 1

6-4 255 is not undersized or small. That is a mountain of a man.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:00 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Why not take the best center on the board?  I don't get it.

If Elflein would have lasted, that would have made sense. But no other center in the draft is worth a third rounder. Don't reach for a position of need.
And Jordan Willis is not a MJ clone.
Even if he were, MJ is 30 years old now and will hit FA after 2018.
Plus, MJ did reach double-digit sacks for the Bengals in 2012, so if Jordan Willis can get to double-digit sacks, that'd be a good thing, right?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:00 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Why not take the best center on the board?  I don't get it.

A first round rated rusher (which is arguably the bengals greatest need) grades higher than a day 3 OL.

It's not that hard.  
Reply/Quote

This is an abysmal draft for OL talent.  Being honest, I don't think either of the top 2 C's could straight up beat Bodine for the starting job.  
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have never shown anything to indicate they think center is a position of weakness. People have been clamoring for Bodine to be replaced for 3 off-seasons now.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:26 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The Bengals have never shown anything to indicate they think center is a position of weakness.  People have been clamoring for Bodine to be replaced for 3 off-seasons now.

We haven't had a good Center since Braham.
Reply/Quote
JW to MJ is a lazy comp.
Reply/Quote

Because the best C was off the board. And the fact that you don't get it explains why you are not employed as a talent evaluator on an NFL team.
Reply/Quote
Get Roullier or Fuller to compete at Center.
Reply/Quote
Bodine was also just given a pay increase and had his best season, they loved him in the draft theres no way after he starts to make them look good are they gonna draft his replacement.  If bodine has another healthy year i expect another jump in his play and thats what we need.

As for Willis and this Draft.  We have Killed it.  This all of course is my opinion but we landed the fastest player in football history to couple with aj green a hall of famer already...We Drafted IMO the best running back in the draft in the second round, and in the third we adressed what was my biggest concern in Jordan willis who consistantly was mocked early in the second and snuck into the first round.  Willis will start day 1 and rotate with michael which will make him better.  Im hoping we turn around here in the 4th and snage Carl Lawson and then im happy on the defensive line.  Love the trade as well.. we are stacked in this 4th tmrw
Reply/Quote
I think Willis will surprise some people. Even if we took a Center everyone would flip out cause we need a DE. Put it this way, there are 2 centers off the board and pretty much all the top and mid range DE's. So to have Willis there who was graded a first round is kinda a no brainer. I want a C bad too but they will just sit behind Bodine and Johnson unfortunately. I didn't think D.Walker would be gone before Willis that's the guy I wanted but we ended up with someone who might be better. I'm happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:37 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Get Roullier or Fuller to compete at Center.

NATE!!!! You still mad at me for not agreeing with you on the Kevin Hart, I mean John Ross selection. I told you I would get on board with the pick if we landed Mixon or Kamara. Well we got them and Willis as a bonus. I'm starting to like the way is turning out.
Reply/Quote
I'll take Rouiller or whatever his name is. He can play other line position too.
Reply/Quote