Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didn't we wait till this year
To take a wide receiver. I know I know its hindsight. But looking at Calvin Ridley and how much he'd benefit this offense with yac,with the speed and the cuts,can you imagine him instead of lafell that gets all the targets?

Instead we got short frail john Ross plus he's quiet, and shy, looks like a teenager . He looks like he will get murdered on the field next year even if he does good to start. I don't trust him what so ever. We are back to hoping eifhurt and Ross stay healthy.haha good luck
Reply/Quote
Just read a comment today where a scout was saying this is the worst WR class he has ever seen.

Glad we didnt wait. If you need a WR this year good luck
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 05:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just read a comment today where a scout was saying this is the worst WR class he has ever seen.

Glad we didnt wait. If you need a WR this year good luck

Not buying that ,id take Ridley over Ross ,it hasn't been that good for some years ,but there's guys who ain't frail like ross,and better then lafell.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 06:18 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Not buying that ,id take Ridley over Ross ,it hasn't been that good for some years ,but there's guys who ain't frail like ross,and better then lafell.

Better than LaFell is a pretty low bar, and it’s way too early to give up on Ross.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Better than LaFell is a pretty low bar, and it’s way too early to give up on Ross.

At first I liked the pick I even predicted he'd be the pick. But I didn't see how small he was. I just don't trust him at all. His only year he got hurt,and was hurt first NFL year. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 06:18 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Not buying that ,id take Ridley over Ross ,it hasn't been that good for some years ,but there's guys who ain't frail like ross,and better then lafell.

Can you not wait until we see Ross actually play a few games before you right him off?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 06:50 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: At first I liked the pick I even predicted he'd be the pick. But I didn't see how small he was. I just don't trust him at all. His only year he got hurt,and was hurt first NFL year. 

Antonio Brown does pretty well at that size.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 05:23 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: To take a wide receiver. I know I know its hindsight. But looking at Calvin Ridley and how much he'd benefit this offense with yac,with the speed and the cuts,can you imagine him instead of lafell that gets all the targets?

Instead we got short frail john Ross plus he's quiet, and shy, looks like a teenager . He looks like he will get murdered on the field next year even if he does good to start. I don't trust him what so ever. We are back to hoping eifhurt and Ross stay healthy.haha good luck

We do not need a stinkin wide receiver. we have like 7 dudes that are plenty good enough. John Ross will be a roadrunner,we have Josh Malone,Cordy Core, Brandin Lafell,AJ three tight ends and a full back.What we need in linemen on both sides and then a linebacker and pick a linebacker that is a ray lewis type.go after the guy that enjoys drilling people.Get real,bengal fans,start banging these boards for WHAT we need.come on fans,get with it.You will remember what I said if they go after shit players that will be out of the league and you will be wishing we had got the blue chip studs in this draft.I want to see you fans start banging the boards day and night for player we NEED.I am watching.and also call and fax Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown about the players YOU WANT.LETS go we need your voice.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 07:21 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: We do not need a stinkin wide receiver. we have like 7 dudes that are plenty good enough. John Ross will be a roadrunner,we have Josh Malone,Cordy Core, Brandin Lafell,AJ three tight ends and a full back.What we need in linemen on both sides and then a linebacker and pick a linebacker that is a ray lewis type.go after the guy that enjoys drilling people.Get real,bengal fans,start banging these boards for WHAT we need.come on fans,get with it.You will remember what I said if they go after shit players that will be out of the league and you will be wishing we had got the blue chip studs in this draft.I want to see you fans start banging the boards day and night for player we NEED.I am watching.and also call and fax Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown about the players YOU WANT.LETS go we need your voice.

I'm on it. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 06:50 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Can you not wait until we see Ross actually play a few games before you right him off?

Hahaha, we have seen Ross play a few games. Just pointing that out.

But, yes, it is too early to write him off, even though he sucked arse horribly bad last year. I'd have never drafted Ross, but it isn't my team.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 05:23 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Ross plus he's quiet, and shy
I don't see what being quiet and shy has to do with anything. Our best players on each side of the ball are quiet and shy. A.J. isn't the most chatty guy on the planet, and when's the last time Geno so much as said 'boo'? Those two character traits mean absolutely nothing in relation to being a good football player. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 07:37 PM)Ravage Wrote: I don't see what being quiet and shy has to do with anything. Our best players on each side of the ball are quiet and shy. A.J. isn't the most chatty guy on the planet, and when's the last time Geno so much as said 'boo'? Those two character traits mean absolutely nothing in relation to being a good football player. 

He looks like he wouldn't talk to anyone on the team and speaks very low lol
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 07:21 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: We do not need a stinkin wide receiver. we have like 7 dudes that are plenty good enough. John Ross will be a roadrunner,we have Josh Malone,Cordy Core, Brandin Lafell,AJ three tight ends and a full back.What we need in linemen on both sides and then a linebacker and pick a linebacker that is a ray lewis type.go after the guy that enjoys drilling people.Get real,bengal fans,start banging these boards for WHAT we need.come on fans,get with it.You will remember what I said if they go after shit players that will be out of the league and you will be wishing we had got the blue chip studs in this draft.I want to see you fans start banging the boards day and night for player we NEED.I am watching.and also call and fax Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown about the players YOU WANT.LETS go we need your voice.

Calm down dude,did I say we should draft Ridley no. I said we should of waited till this year there's better options. And to answer your statement that we are loaded , Brandon lafell sucks , Ross is unproven and looks little , Malone looks like a deep threat only ,Cody core special teams at best he sucks ,Tyler Boyd can't get seperation hardly with lack of speed,.yeah we are soooooo stacked. Oh and a fragile tight end .
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 07:48 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Calm down dude,did I say we should draft Ridley no. I said we should of waited till this year there's better options. And to answer your statement that we are loaded , Brandon lafell sucks , Ross is unproven and looks little , Malone looks like a deep threat only ,Cody core special teams at best he sucks ,Tyler Boyd can't get seperation hardly with lack of speed,.yeah we are soooooo stacked. Oh and a fragile tight end .

So's whoever you're proposing they draft, Skippy.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 08:02 PM)PDub80 Wrote: So's whoever you're proposing they draft, Skippy.

That is true,but what do we know from Ross? He's been injured for 2 years most likely because he's so little. Somebody mentioned Antonio Brown and is say brown is bigger then Ross ,I do not trust small receivers unless they are built like Steve smith.ridley would be as short as I would go.you can just look at Ridley and tell he's not too little and frail.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 09:08 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: That is true,but what do we know from Ross? He's been injured for 2 years most likely because he's so little. Somebody mentioned Antonio Brown and is say brown is bigger then Ross ,I do not trust small receivers unless they are built like Steve smith.ridley would be as short as I would go.you can just look at Ridley and tell he's not too little and frail.

Brown 5’10 186

Ross 5’11 190

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brown 5’10 186

Ross 5’11 190

That's unbelievable honestly,brown looks like he can take hits. I'm not just hating,I really think Ross looks like he'd get injured out there. But hey I hope that's right,I'd love Ross to be something like brown.i just don't trust it.and I'm not crazy about any of our other receivers not named green. I don't care if we take a really late receiver,get somebody else like calloway even though he's small too.or daurice fountain.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 09:08 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: That is true,but what do we know from Ross? He's been injured for 2 years most likely because he's so little. Somebody mentioned Antonio Brown and is say brown is bigger then Ross ,I do not trust small receivers unless they are built like Steve smith.ridley would be as short as I would go.you can just look at Ridley and tell he's not too little and frail.

That’s fair. We all have our preferences. I’m not sure how Ross is built compared to Brown, even though they’re roughly the same height/weight. There’s more to being a WR than just being fast, that’s for sure.

I think Ross, compared to this draft class, would probably be the #1 WR and a top 20 pick. That’s just speculation on anyone’s part, though.

I’m hoping that he wasn’t over his injuries from his college season and he just was never able to c9me out confident last year. Hopefully this year is a good one for him. We shall see!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 06:50 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: At first I liked the pick I even predicted he'd be the pick. But I didn't see how small he was. I just don't trust him at all. His only year he got hurt,and was hurt first NFL year. 

I don't know how I feel about someone evaluating a player and predicting said pick (implying he researched the player) but not even realizing he was a smaller WR? You changing your mind about a player you knew so little about doesn't really mean much to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 11:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know how I feel about someone evaluating a player and predicting said pick (implying he researched the player) but not even realizing he was a smaller WR? You changing your mind about a player you knew so little about doesn't really mean much to me.

No I never go in debt with any guy I research ,I watch highlights and use the eye test. My eyes tricked me I thought he would be taller ,the guy looks the size of Andrew Hawkins but skinnier then him. That's what he looks like to me.
Reply/Quote