Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Why does coaching get a pass?
(01-30-2023, 01:27 AM)TheFan Wrote: How is this a coaching problem and not a player problem? 

Offensive gameplan had them in negative scripts most of the night. And the blitzes Lou called were ineffective. They gave up long drive after long drive and the one turnover they “created” was just Mahomes fumbling on his own.

Coaches did a lousy job. Many key players also played lousy. Both can be true.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Not one post like this during the ten game win streak. LMAO

Not too many, but should we be happy Zac and Callahan learned how to use the middle of the field occasionally mid season? The offensive play calling was bad for most of the year. Why else where there so many threads praising Lou for his adjustments and playcalling, not so many praising Zac except for his  team "culture." Could this be a juncture to allowing an OC to call the plays? No, but we hope (in one hand and crap in the other and always amazed which fills faster)
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:18 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Agreed. Scratching my head at not picking up a first down when we had it 2nd and 3. Why take 2 deep shots? He did the EXACT same thing against the Bills and got bailed out on PI on a deep shot to Tee. How they leave Adeniji 1 on 1 against Chris Jones with game on the line. Really questionable things that can be fixed if they are willing to look at it.

Jones was all over the line he made plays from different positions on line...if your going blame anyone that is Burrows fault he had the call to move players
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:51 AM)Housh Wrote: I mean duh....we just ended our season cmon

I mean, we lost by three to the best team in the league over the better part of a decade. Seems Bengals fans always need a scapegoat. We got beat, that happens in Conference Championship Games. Duh....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:00 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Jones was all over the line he made plays from different positions on line...if your going blame anyone that is Burrows fault he had the call to move players

Setting protections isn't protecting. Just because they identified Chris Jones doesnr mean they blocked him.. which was a big issue early.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:00 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Jones was all over the line he made plays from different positions on line...if your going blame anyone that is Burrows fault he had the call to move players

This .....but Joe's not an acceptable scapegoat  Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Not one post like this during the ten game win streak. LMAO

it's absolutely crazy. I logged on after the loss and there were well over 1,000 posters in the forum. We win last week against Buffalo there was about 47
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:53 AM)Synric Wrote: It's not play calls. It's the offense as a whole which is so much worse... The rush offense is a major issue.

I believe it’s more to do with play design and play calls. It seems our offense relies too much on Joe making ridiculous throws and our receivers making ridiculous plays. I’ve seen a few really good designed plays for a situation but when I say a few…like you can count on one hand for an entire season.

Blocking scheme for screens and any outside run is absolutely atrocious. I seem to recall Taylor taking public criticism for some of his decisions.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:20 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Last offensive play of Super Bowl…do we double Donald?  Or provide any help whatsoever?  Now Adeniji on an island vs Jones.   Taylor and company just don’t have what it takes to make the right call at the right moment.  
Terrible situational play calling.

Very similar situations.  Game is on the line and the coaching staff doesnt make the necessary adjustments to stop the other teams elite pass rusher who everyone knows will be gunning for the QB.  Thats bad coaching.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:04 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Very similar situations.  Game is on the line and the coaching staff doesnt make the necessary adjustments to stop the other teams pass rusher.  Thats bad coaching.

We gave up 4 sacks in the first 1/4, we gave up 1-2 more over the next 3. We were the perfect example of making necessary adjustments. We just didn't have the talent
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:57 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: The game plan was garbage.   The defense gave up 300+ yards to a mostly immobile Mahomes offense that was down to 3 healthy receivers.  

The offense was garbage.   The offensive play calling was garbage.   The situational play calling was garbage.   If Burrow is calling long throws on 2nd and 3  and 3rd and 3….that’s on the coach.  If the OC is calling that it is on the coach.   The lack of any help for Adeniji on Jones was a terrible coaching decision.  

How can you argue any of this?

You realize that team on the other side is pretty good, right? We lost by three on their home field, and that Mahomes injury BS reminded me of drama queen Pig Pen. You had ex players all over the place saying you'd be on crutches by Wednesday with a high ankle sprain. He was dinged .....but there's no way in hell he was as injured as they let on. 

Jones was moved all over the line all night. Kinda hard to dedicate help when you don't know where the guy is lining up until you get to the line. Even with that, the C and QB call protection at the line.

Like I said, zero posts on the subject until we lose one game away from the Super Bowl. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:02 AM)Synric Wrote: Setting protections isn't protecting. Just because they identified Chris Jones doesnr mean they blocked him.. which was a big issue early.

Yes he was beating our players that is what good players do, sometimes they just make play, like a chase or higgins
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We gave up 4 sacks in the first 1/4, we gave up 1-2 more over the next 3. We were the perfect example of making necessary adjustments. We just didn't have the talent

Right ..... it's not like we lost to the Texans either, lol.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: it's absolutely crazy. I logged on after the loss and there were well over 1,000 posters in the forum. We win last week against Buffalo there was about 47

It is nuts. People can't wait to get in here and shit on the team. It was the AFCCG FFS! Hilarious

Zac is the new Andy. Been saying it for three years.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:57 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: Not too many, but should we be happy Zac and Callahan learned how to use the middle of the field occasionally mid season? The offensive play calling was bad for most of the year. Why else where there so many threads praising Lou for his adjustments and playcalling, not so many praising Zac except for his  team "culture." Could this be a juncture to allowing an OC to call the plays? No, but we hope (in one hand and crap in the other and always amazed which fills faster)

My theory? See above.....

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: You realize that team on the other side is pretty good, right? We lost by three on their home field, and that Mahomes injury BS reminded me of drama queen Pig Pen. You had ex players all over the place saying you'd be on crutches by Wednesday with a high ankle sprain. He was dinged .....but there's no way in hell he was as injured as they let on. 

Jones was moved all over the line all night. Kinda hard to dedicate help when you don't know where the guy is lining up until you get to the line. Even with that, the C and QB call protection at the line.

Like I said, zero posts on the subject until we lose one game away from the Super Bowl. Hilarious

if joe hurt his ankle then won this game you would be singin his praise but you call mahomes a faker. geez this board is impossible with the bias some times. the chiefs won mahomes played a heck of a game hurt the refs helped out to. but joe and the offense didnt look very good either
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I think it is comical that message board posters think they have any idea what the game plan is or what actual call is made.  Joe has the authority to make any change he wants and to hit any route he wants.  It is impossible for us to know what the original call was or which is receiver was the initial priority target.

They played Madden on legend mode  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:13 AM)Leon Wrote: if joe hurt his ankle then won this game you would be singin his praise but you call mahomes a faker. geez this board is impossible with the bias some times. the chiefs won mahomes played a heck of a game hurt the refs helped out to. but joe and the offense didnt look very good either

I didn't say it wasn't hurt .....I said it wasn't as bad as they let on. No way. Read for context better. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:57 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: Not too many, but should we be happy Zac and Callahan learned how to use the middle of the field occasionally mid season? The offensive play calling was bad for most of the year. Why else where there so many threads praising Lou for his adjustments and playcalling, not so many praising Zac except for his  team "culture." Could this be a juncture to allowing an OC to call the plays? No, but we hope (in one hand and crap in the other and always amazed which fills faster)

(01-30-2023, 02:04 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I believe it’s more to do with play design and play calls.   It seems our offense relies too much on Joe making ridiculous throws and our receivers making ridiculous plays.   I’ve seen a few really good designed plays for a situation but when I say a few…like you can count on one hand for an entire season.  

Blocking scheme for screens and any outside run is absolutely atrocious.  I seem to recall Taylor taking public criticism for some of his decisions.

(01-30-2023, 02:04 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Very similar situations.  Game is on the line and the coaching staff doesnt make the necessary adjustments to stop the other teams elite pass rusher who everyone knows will be gunning for the QB.  Thats bad coaching.

I dont remember any of you posting this garbage the last 10 weeks?  In fact I dont remember any of you posting that much at all the last 3 months?

Reply/Quote

I think Burrow banged your mom and made you watch, your hate makes me laugh...

Reply/Quote